Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2009, 10:54 AM       
If he were smart he would drop his glove to disguise his pitching arm for the batter. Jim Abbott showed us you don't have to have your glove on your hand when you pitch after all.

In "Why Cleveland will never win any sports championships again" news, they traded yet another star away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

The big joke locally is that next week is "Victor Martinez Bobblehead night" in Cleveland and local news keeps wondering if they will cancel the promotion.

I am more concerned with why the Cleveland ownership hates their fans so much, other than the Cavs there is no effort out of Cleveland to break their curse.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM       
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/gamecast?ga...action=summary

An incredible game between sox and yanks last night. Most exciting 0-0 game I've ever witnessed. Btw don't ask me what's with the sox as of late. Their bat went cold immediately after the all star. Now their pitching has been problematic. Wtf
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM       
It was the first time in youk's career he's ever charged the mound after being hit by a pitch. Its about time too. He got hit by a pitch 15-something times last season. This year so far he is leading the league with 10 hbp. What is it about youk that makes pitchers want to bean him? Do they really find his batting stance that annoying?

Also it was porcello's second time he has hit a batter this season, both times against youk.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM       
I think it is more amazing they miss his fat ass with such frequency.

And give him a break on not charging more. 60 ft 6 in is a long way to run for him. Did you see the poor guy weezing when he got to the mound?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM       
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

And Philadelphia fans are always touted as the worst in professional sports. Gee, I don't remember anyone at the Bank tossing a full beer on Fukudome. What an assclown.
You may already be there.
Mocker
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM       
No, they throw batteries instead.

My friends that root for the Phillies are talking like they've been vindicated. As if finding one douchebag in another city somehow rectifies decades worth of assholes so bad the city and team management put a fucking court and jail cell in the basement of the stadium.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM       
Philadelphia fans boo'd Santa Claus. (http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/30/sp...all/30nfl.html)

They chanted "She's ugly" at the halftime wedding a fan won at an Eagles game (admittedly having your wedding at an Eagles game is probably in the top 10 bonehead moves of all time, but still) (From the Holly Robinson Peete interview on the Jim Rome Show)

They cheered when Irvin was injured. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...hilly_fans_ap/)

Trust me the Philadelphia fan rep is not undeserved, they have done some bad stuff over the years.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM       
Please don't equate Phillies fans with Eagles nutjobs. Trust me, they are of two ilks.

True enough, the Phils fans have had their share of ugliness over the years, but no more so than other cities (I seem to remember a certain "Death to Disco" night that resulted in a forfeited baseball game due to damage incurred at the field).

And if we are to believe teh interwebs, there have been several battery-throwing incidents, not all of which are attributable to the Philly Phaithphul.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco View Post
As if finding one douchebag in another city somehow rectifies decades worth of assholes so bad the city and team management put a fucking court and jail cell in the basement of the stadium.
The court (which is at the "Linc" and not the "Bank", EB - you're mixing fan metaphors) is actually a great deterrent to the typical "over-the-top" moral turpitude exhibited by a small subset of Eagles fans.

Trust me, you have the same bonehead fans in New York. And I don't believe one or two moronic Giant fans mean the entire fan base sucks eggs.

Just sayin'
Mocker
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 03:12 PM       
Yes, we have morons here, but it isn't celebrated. But, Philly seems to be the Mecca of douchebaggery. It's like they compete with Detroit or something.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM       
And once painted with the "douchebag" brush, it's awfully tough to wash it off.

Soriano may be right - some ignorant slug in Philly may try to throw a brew on a Cub outfielder, if they meet in the playoffs. I can only hope if (God forbid) this happens, that the other fans in his section beat the living crap out of him.

Of course, this would only give ESPN more fodder .... Can't win for losin'
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM       
Doublepost

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 14th, 2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Dammit!
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Please don't equate Phillies fans with Eagles nutjobs. Trust me, they are of two ilks.
Well and good, but I was answering this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
And Philadelphia fans are always touted as the worst in professional sports. Gee, I don't remember anyone at the Bank tossing a full beer on Fukudome. What an assclown.
Most of the worst stuff is done at the Eagles games. But they are part of the stigma Philly is stuck with as a sports town.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM       
Woopsie. Damned keyboard put the wrong letters under my fingers again!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 05:46 PM       
Ol' Johan Santana is done for the year. That's a lot of money that won't be put to use down the stretch.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM       
I haven't seriously given the Metropolitans any thought for about the past month. That's sad.

Billy Wagner is now a Red Sock. Whoop-dee-doo.
Go ADOOO
adooo is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
Go Cardinals and Albert Pujols
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM       
The Twins take one from the White Sox (who i'm convinced are already throwing in the towel). The Twins have been playing great ball the past 2 weeks and are still in the hunt for the AL Central. Something tells me this might be a repeat of the 2006 all over again.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM       
Hahaha, I would have cheered him
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 04:49 AM       
The latest in "Berra-worthy" quotations, this time from Jason Werth:

"The way things are going lately, we're overanalyzing too much."

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM       
Cardinals' magic number is down to two. Hopefully, the Astros pitching staff will be as shitty tonight as they have been the two previous. After a couple of long winters, it will be nice to see the Redbirds in October again.

I hope these last two nights are the beginning of something regular- this offense is too good to have the crappy output they've had the last couple of weeks.

The Phils were underachieving for a bit too, but that was a pitching problem, wasn't it?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 04:50 AM       
Still is, SS. Their bullpen has taken an early vacation - as of April it seems. Lidge is enigmatic, perfect last year and 'perfect' this year - 48-0 in saves in '08 and 0-11 W/L record in '09. Which Lidge will show up for the playoffs?

Another last night too. This is beyond a concern.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM       
Detroit and Minnesota in a one-game playoff. Who knew?