Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 03:40 PM        Newb is so insulting, how about neophyte or even greenhorn.
I found your site while researching Prince of Darkness for the horror movie club I run. It was John Carpentober, I showed them the Apocalypse Trilogy and They Live. All of your mockeries stood out to me because those where the same movies I rented when I was a kid! Anyway, I had a couple movies from my childhood/adolescent years I would love to see as mockeries, and not only that. These are some movies I think would make really good mockeries.

The Stuff - There are two reasons I could never take Law & Order serious. The first was Michael Moriarty after I saw The Stuff (and Troll incidentally, the movie in which he plays a character named Harry Potter, and Atreyu plays Harry Potter, Jr. And I would suggest Troll, but I'm sure you've heard that one before. Probably more for Troll 2. Please never do Troll 2. It wasn't good. It wasn't even so bad it was good. It just plain sucked the ass of a dead nun.) The second reason I don't watch Law & Order, I'd rather not talk about. Anyway, I went out of my way to find a video store that had The Stuff because it was the trailer on my dad's copy of Evil Dead 2 and it looked awesome. I peg this movie as being the first time I experienced really liking a movie because it was so bad. On a side note, writer/director Larry Cohen is also the man behind a couple other personal favorites Q and the first two It's Alive's

House - I was actually shocked when I didn't find this movie on the site. Richard Moll (fresh off his role as Mestema) continued his status as Senor Creepy in my head. The transition from maniacal wizard to gun-toting lunatic vet to the lovable Bull was much too much for my little brain to handle. That big fat zombie lady was fantastic! A great mockery moment would be when all the hands grab Cobb through the mirror!

Don't Look in the Basement - There used to be a time when you could drop the name of this movie, and not get the response; "Oh yeah, I got that in a $5 4-in-1 Horror Classic DVD." To which, I must admit, is the way I have it in DVD form. However, this was one that I rented numerous times because it was just so friggin' weird!

Night of the Creeps - This is another one I figured would be on here, what with the four page Monster Squad tribute and all. Sure it wasn't as good (and to tell you the truth I think that Slither nailed the idea better), but this movie has got some great moments that would be perfect for mockery. Like, say, when the metal-patient zombie bust out of the floor to hack up the sorority mom!

Spookies - While we're on the Monster Squad subject, another movie that I always believed to be similar is the aforementioned Spookies packed with various monsters and a great grim reaper skull slice scene! I'm guessing Gilbert Godfrey really liked this one! I accredit a lot of my horror movie knowledge to Up All Night and Monstervision.

Anyway, that's all. Just voicing my thoughts. Love the site.
[/i]