Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

FS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 12:56 PM        Looking for specific Lord of the Rings music
I've "acquired" all the tracks of the offical Return of the King soundtrack through, shall we say, "less than lawful" manner, and unless some MP3s are not the full length as they are on the CD, I'm missing some specific tracks that I wanted.

1) The music played during the arrival of the Rohirrim at Pelennor Fields (Ride of the Rohirrim); starts with a slow, instrumental version of the dramatic theme that also sounded during the Two Towers scene when the Ents march to war, and briefly when the moth comes to Gandalf when he's trapped on Orthanc in Fellowship of the Ring - then it goes over into the familiar Rohan theme, but played by some kind of sharp violin. There is a track called Ride of the Rohirrim, but it's just their arrival and then the music that accompanies the Nazgul swooping down on Minas Tirith.
2) The version of the Fellowship theme that's played when Aragorn says "For Frodo" and runs into battle at the Black Gates. Quickly into the theme, it's picked up by a chorus.

And while I'm at it:

3) The music that opens Fellowship of the Ring, literally from the very first credits on (through which Galadriel does her monologue). The first track on the FotR soundtrack, if the MP3 I got was right, seems to start on the music played when the Last Alliance attacks Mordor.

I'm quite willing to shell out money for the soundtracks, but if these tracks aren't on there, I don't think I'm going to bother. Unless someone knows of another place to get them?
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:11 PM       
Today my friend is coming over, and he's bringing the Return of the King soundtrack, so I can send the tracks to you.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:18 PM       
Straddling Gandalf's long-muscled thigh, he positioned his hand at the still open hole,
using his own spilled seed to ease his way. Now this was the right size to do the wizard
some good! He began working his arm deeper and deeper in. Gandalf pulled his legs
further up and moaned, a lovely sound that made Bilbo hope very much for a dessert course
to follow. Pressing on, he finally got in deep enough. Yes!

"Gandalf, we hobbits call this Find the Dumpling!"
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:29 PM       
"Oh, my dear wonderful Gandalf. You are hung like a dwarf! How fine!" Bilbo leaned forward and took a good long lick. "You taste better, though!" The tunic fell down and tangled on his ears. He ignored it, and listened to the noises the wizard was trying not to make. After a slurpy moment, he pulled his head out from under the folds and began to unbutton his shirt buttons. "Get that off, silly."

He didn't wait to see if Gandalf would obey him, but got on with removing his breeches and shirt and tossing them willy-nilly in the general direction of the chair, missing by a good measure. Pink about the cheeks, Gandalf had pulled his tunic off, ending up with hair straggling all over his face. Bilbo ran an admiring hand up the wizard's cock, and teased, "So those stories about wizard's staffs are really true, eh?"
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM       
The first track on the Fellowship soundtrack is called The Prophecy, and it's 3:55. Wasn't the only music preceding the attack on Mordor just those few notes that plays at the start of every film? There's a slight variation of that in this song, but the one from the movie is not in this song. It might be in one of the other songs though.

The Ride of the Rohirim is 2:08. It starts off with a heavy orchestra that plays a variation of the Rohan theme, with the sharp violin sound as you mentioned. About halfway into the song, it slows down and a flute plays a brief variation of the Rohan theme. Then the song picks up again to what I THINK is the part with the Nazgul.

The Black Gate Opens is 4:01. It builds up into the theme of the Fellowship, then the flute (piccolo?) used in the Hobbit/Shire theme plays a different tune. About halfway into the song, things quiet down and the tempo slows, while the chorus comes in, then accompanied by the flute.

Into the West is one of the best songs ever.