Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM       
Actually, that's how I felt about 7, rather than the others. Doesn't get more Uppity than a Mr. T wannabe.

8, I liked a lot because of the characters. They were the most human they've probably ever been. Very down to earth in their personalities and actions.

Allow me to quote from FFOnline.com. They had a 25 best Square games of all time, and this is something from their piece on FF8. I feel it fits very well regarding all the installments people are up in arms about:

"Pause for a moment, if you will and try to think of all the greatest triumphs of humankind: The invention of the automobile, penicillin, landing on the moon, cracking the genetic code of our DNA, the introduction of cloning. All of these accomplishments had at least one thing in common. Before and after its inception, all of these accomplishments were met with furious and scathing debate from people. Requisite of our human nature is to dispute and toil over everything that might advance our civilization. Cavemen discovered fire and probably complained about it."

Now, I'm not necessarily saying FF8 is on-par with the discovery of cloning, but you get the idea.

Here's the source for the whole piece. Worth reading the whole thing, because all the points are more than valid (and a teriffic choice for #1).

http://www.ffonline.com/news/news.ph...cle=2002-06-23
http://www.ffonline.com/news/news.ph...cle=2002-07-27
http://www.ffonline.com/news/news.ph...cle=2002-09-08
http://www.ffonline.com/news/news.ph...cle=2002-12-03
http://www.ffonline.com/news/news.ph...cle=2003-05-09
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:49 AM       
We won't agree, that's the way it is

We discussed this list at RPGLAND. They definately weren't on the money with their pics. #1 was a excellent choice though.

Their top 10
010: Final Fantasy X (bah take it off the list)
009: Chrono Cross (definately not one of Square's top 10 games)
008: Final Fantasy Tactics (#8??? Come on, this game is better than that)
007: Xenogears (At least in the top 5)
006: Final Fantasy IV (below IX and VIII? Bah! pathetic!)
005: Final Fantasy IX (IX was ok but it definately isn't number 5)
004: Final Fantasy VIII (hahahahaha)
003: Chrono Trigger (good choice)
002: Final Fantasy VII (good choice)
001: Final Fantasy VI (good choice)

Another notable is Bouncer at 17!? Hilarious.

Some that I would move up that list would be Seiken Densetsu 3, Front Mission 3, and god damn put Rad Racer on the list.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 01:21 PM       
The Bouncer had a lot of promise. It had its problems, but it was great for what it was.

And you have to keep in mind this was voted upon by the visitors of the site. It wasn't one guy's opinion. Things are where they are because the people said so.

And yes, we're never going to agree. Aside from FF6, all the games I liked, you didn't.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 01:23 PM       
one thing i agree with tim on is that FFT was fantastic, alot of fun to play and with a ton of stuff to do and find. I did love FF6 for sure, and the whole world destruction halfway through is one of the coolest events ever in an rpg.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 02:01 PM       
Bouncer wasn't great in any regards.

That's fine if the people voted for it, just shows how much the mainstream doesn't know.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:11 PM       
I couldn't agree more about the weak and dumb character designs. I fucking hated Tidus and Wakka so much.

FF8 just flat out sucked. I don't care what any of you say about it's great character designs or anything, I hated it.

I never played 9, nor have any intention to do so.

FF10 just bored the fuck out of me after a while. I couldn't even finish it.

My favorite FF is either 7 or FFT.

On the subject of Bouncer, I think square soft should just stick to RPGs. It was fun maybe once, then it just got boring.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 03:33 PM       
I like FF8 and 9 a lot more than I like 7. I even started playing 8 again a few days ago. It's definetely, in my mind, the hardest FF game. It has a lot of problems (I despise the way you improve your weapons, since it depends on finding items dropped by enemies which pisses me off to no end) but I think the characters are better in 8 than they are in any other game besides 6.

And I love 9, if for no other reason than because of all the allusions to previous FF games. That would have been a good place to end the sereis
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:13 PM       
I love most rpgs, but after playing earthbound, ff6 and ff7 I've been spoiled. It's hard to play something inferior and newer to an older but better game.

Earthbound
FF6
Fallout

That was very funny. Well done.