Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 03:08 PM        FFX-2
I've been out of the loop for awhile, is this out yet, and if so, is it any good?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM       
I refuse to perchase it.

The only reason this game was made was to make us forget about FF11.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 03:15 PM       
It's out in Japan but we won't see it til November.

I don't think I'll be buying it but who knows. Sad that they keep staining the FF name more and more.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 03:30 PM       
it looks like a puddle of pink panty pudding for fags
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:00 PM       
It'll be out here by around fall.

I don't expect it to be the world's greatest FF game ever (that's FF6), but I do expect I will enjoy it. Only downside it the dipshits who did the music for The Bouncer did the music for this game too. But everything else, I'm very positive I'll enjoy.

Too many people (and by people, I mean faggy homofags) are turned off by the idea it may contain a little bit of J-Pop style. But the added abilities of climbing and jumping, plus the bringing back of job classes intrigues me very much.

And there's always the story. I'm really looking forward to find out what happens.

Basically, it's change, and some people can't deal with that. But the FF games are always based on change. Different times, different places, different gameplay, and so on. I just think some of the men here are a little insecure about playing as 3 women. They need their penis-bearing characters to feel like real manly men, or something.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:09 PM       
I'ts Tomb Raider with Final Fantasy characters. I'd rather play Kiss's Psycho Circus. Or Slit my throat.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:09 PM       
What changes, oh all knowing jamesman? Jumping, climbing, oh my god! I don't think I can handle it!

Zero Signal is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I'ts Tomb Raider with Final Fantasy characters. I'd rather play Kiss's Psycho Circus. Or Slit my throat.
Wow. What an ignorant statement. So you've played the game?
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:43 PM       
Quote:
Basically, it's change, and some people can't deal with that.
If the change is for the better, then go for it but the series hasn't been changing for the better and FFX-2 is definately not for the better. Hell they even ruined the meaning behind the name of the series. The FF series has taken a pitiful fall into worthlessness over the last several years it would take a miracle to even gain half of the respect that I used to have for Squaresoft.

Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:45 PM       
The movement around the world involves more than running around like in past games. Yes, it may seem small, but it opens up all new options for designing the worlds you explore. And the combat has nothing to do with any of that. It's the active time battles as seen in past games.

Sure, Yuna uses guns for part of the game, so what? Does that make it any less Final Fantasy or any more Tomb Raider? I think not. Guns have appeared in the games before it.

Amongst that, there are plenty of other new things. A mission-based gameplay in which you take on specifc tasks however you wish allows for more freedom than seen in previous games, and also serves as a new form of building up your characters. The return and madification of a job system is another example. Plenty of changes to make this game just as unique as the ones before it, rather than really feel like a tacked-on sequel to squeeze out some more cash.

The FF series has always been about taking risks (that's how it came to be in the first place). Besides, who here has a first-hand opinion of the game, hmm? Anyone here played a copy yet, and can verify if it's as craptacular and people are already considering it to be?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
The FF series has taken a pitiful fall into worthlessness over the last several years it would take a miracle to even gain half of the respect that I used to have for Squaresoft.
That's really a strong matter of opinion. I know millions of consumers who would differ with that statement.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:00 PM       
Nothing you can say will change my mind, Jamesman. The ff series really can do without FFX-2.

I am looking foward to the one coming out for gamecube
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
The FF series has taken a pitiful fall into worthlessness over the last several years it would take a miracle to even gain half of the respect that I used to have for Squaresoft.
That's really a strong matter of opinion. I know millions of consumers who would differ with that statement.
And I know millions who would agree with it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:22 PM       
ok fine. the battle lines have been drawn....so who cares? if you like final fantasy and the new direction it is going, give the game a shot. if you like final fantasy, but hate the way it is changing then don't try FFX-2. either way, quit bitching about it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
I am looking foward to the one coming out for gamecube

Joke's on you, Wrongi. The guy heading up every FF game (and I think all Square RPGs in general) for Nintendo is the same guy responsible for:

The SaGa series, including Unlimited
Legend of Mana
Final Fantasy II
Racing Lagoon - A car-PG, in which you raced instead of battled.

In other words, this guy makes BORING RPGs. And since we're apparently not allowed to give anything a chance before we play it, I predict everything he'll ever do will suck very hard.

Enjoy.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 06:15 PM       
I find it sad how you keep recycling old jokes.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:11 PM       
I must be the only person who doesn't give a fuck.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 07:16 PM       
Besides Lamesman (LOL), legend of mana was actually pretty fun.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 11:54 PM       
Well I do look forward to FF:CC.

Yep, James, it is all a matter of opinion. Mine just happens to be that the FF series used to be better.. That's all. I don't care what they change if the game still meets my expectations for it. With the name FF and me personally loving the series since I was a wee lad, I'm just not that pleased with any FF since VII (Yes, Tactics kicks ass but that just has the name on it). The newer ones may be good games overall but it's sad if a series that seems like it will go on forever peaks at VI-VII. We'll see what happens in the future.

Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 12:08 AM       
Secret of Mana is one of my all-time favorite games. I wish there were more games like that.

And job classes made me hate FFV more than any FF game besides FF2, and although that's just subjective opinion, the fact that it wasn't released in the United States while 4 and 6 were (for SNES, not those gay PS compliations, those don't count ) tells me that at least someone agrees with me.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 01:45 AM       
Tim, pretty much everyone I've talked to about FF has said the same. "FF8, 9 and 10 were good games...but not good for FF games".

Ah well...we'll always have the old ones to play.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 04:37 AM       
Les, you have to realize that the American market for games like that at the time was questionable at best. Hell, we didn't get the first FF game until almost 3 years later. Then we missed FF 2 and 3, and then finally got FF4 (EasyType). It was all because the US market was very iffy.

That said, in the case of FF5, it goes that many people felt it was too difficult, and US gamers wouldn't like it. That's why it was skipped. Similar reasons were involved as to why we got FF4 EasyType for the SNES instead of the original version.

As for SoM, I agree. That game is definitely one of the best ones ever. I haven't played Seiken Densetsu 3 (technically, Secret of Mana 2), but you might want to look into that. And as far as I'm concerned, Kingdom Hearts plays a lot like SoM would if they made a 3D sequel to the series (minus the ability to have your friends join in). Definitely get that game, as it's the best.

I don't really understand the backlash for the series at all. I've been a fan since FF6, and I enjoy everything the games bring to the series. Well, not EVERYTHING. But I mean, there isn't a game in the main series I can look down upon (except FF2). I enjoyed 8, 9, and 10 very much. More so than 7, which I felt was a shaky transition into the new medium. But even the worst FF game is still one of the best RPGs ever (except FF2).

So what exactly is it about each game that you people hate so much? Spoiler free reasons, of course. I still haven't beaten 8 or 9.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 05:19 AM       
Either FF2 you refer to, I liked. The American OR Japanese FF2. I have FF Origins, and I have FF4 (FF2US) and I enjoyed them both. Not so much that I'd say that Final Fantasy could do NO wrong, but enough to consider the series worth the money I spend.

As far as FFX-2 goes, I'll do with it any game I think I may like but have a little doubt towards: Give it a rental. If it's a video enema, at least I only wasted $5 instead of $50.

I liked FFX, but not nearly as much as the previous Final Fantasies. The addition of character voices, lack of a traversable world map and being a very linear game made it subpar (as compared to other FFs) to me.
Ihach is probably a spambot
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:00 AM       
So far ive beat ff 6,7,8,9,10 and i will agree that the series hasnt really become better. that said, i still really enjoyed 8 (the first time through, after that, its tedious), i wasnt a huge fan of 9, but i loved 10, i liked the story and to see the FF universe done with the new graphics, the voice acting, the summons, i found it excellent. I want FFX-2 to see how the story develops, but honestly, i wouldnt have minded if they left it at the end of X. It was at least a sadder ending then normal. And for the record, FF8 had one of the greatest endings ever, i almost wept (of course i didnt because im a real man!)
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 10:35 AM       
One thing that is upsetting is the characters truly suck these days. The newer games are way to "uppity" and "wanna-be hip", it's disgusting.