Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 04:18 AM       
Aha! The Bowhole, finally I have access to an unlimited and easy to spawn supply of Liquid Metal Slimes. Vanish is great too, makes traveling even less annoying...the only enemies that really got on my nerves were these stupid flower-monsters that follow you until you have to fight them...

Got Knifes to 100, swords is soon to follow but my MC-Warrior has 0 points in courage...hm
drifting in the void
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 08:28 AM       
And done. 47hrs of great entertainment, definetely worth my time. Now maybe some more post-game stuff or do I play something different...hm.
drifting in the void
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 10:14 AM       
Not where I live :D

The situation in DQ9 now adresses my old problem...Post-game-stuff. I know what it´s there for and I like it, but I can´t help to think that it´s kinda strange to go kill stuff after the final boss is dead. You know what I mean? The menacing threat is destroyed, the world is safe, there´s no need to go on playing. It´s really a simple detail that triggers this lack of motivation in me. Had the whole stuff been there JUST before the final boss, I would´ve done more of it, I´m sure about that.

Anyway, I WILL play the game some more here and there but 7hrs straight in a row...nah, not anymore.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM       
I think Target has some bundle if you buy a DS and DQIX you get a free copy of spirit tracks with it. Almost want to get a DS now but I just had to buy a 360.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 08:14 PM       
I just beat the demon witch lady thing in Brigadoom or whatever. When does the story get good?

drifting in the void
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 04:37 AM       
The story stays like that basically, there´s more sinister evil guys at work later on but it doesn´t build any kind of tension or something like that.

Do Dragon Quest stories do that normally? I can´t tell since this is the first one I actually finished...
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM       
I pretty much explain the story types in my earlier post. 9 has a very limited narrative.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Durin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 06:32 AM       
These games generally don't have complicated/deep stories. VII would be the one with most story in it (My personal favorite, though IX here may be overtaking it), and 1 being the one with the least (You are the descendent of Erdrick, and must go forth and save the princess Gwaelin and slay the Dragonlord). These games are built on tradition (and with the Square-Enix localization team, puns). But I like having simple stories, at least sometimes. If all I had were super serious stories in my games, thatd suck.

Personally I like fighting the legacy bosses that you get access to in the post-game, though some of that is probably due to the nostalgia, since I've played and beaten the other games in this series except #6, which has yet to hit the States.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 07:11 AM       
I actually liked that the game kept it simple, it was a nice and streamlined experience, no overly complex characters that bring the story to a halt or something...that´s what AT2 is doing but that´s it´s main pull I think...
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 04:14 PM       
I spent a few hours grinding, beat some poison boss, then the game told me to take a hike back two towns to the train. I was pissed already, but then it froze on me before I made it to the church.

Welp, I'm done. I've seen what the game has to offer anyways.