Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:20 PM       
I find your lack of faith disturbing.
High Priest of Burbank
Jigby Huggletinks is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 10:48 AM       
I second the Rick Roll idea.

It's true that DNF had a longer development cycle than Chinese Democracy, although I'm not sure which one went through more staff.
High Priest of Burbank
Jigby Huggletinks is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM       
Oh, wait, I'm sorry, "development cycle" implies that it came all the way around.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 09:08 PM       
Damn, now I'll never get to see digital strippers rendered at a level previously unknown to man.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 09:24 PM       
At least not in an "M" level title.

Forum Chaos Lord
Jaimas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM       
What's the biggest bit of humor is how few of these were edited by Boogie. Normally his mock-tastic articles show a bit of digression for comedic impact, but this time, to say anything really would only have detracted from the hilarity.
King of the Monsters
Primortal is probably a spambot
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM       
Well this is what happens when you buckle under the pressure of your own hype, wanting to remain "cutting edge and relevant", and not wanting to swallow whatever pride you have and admit to making a mistake.

If it happens after, say, a year or so... people will forgive your dumb ass for such missteps... but not doing so after... 12 freaking years... just makes you look legendarily ridiculously stupid.

3D Realms shoulda released the damn thing instead of keep trying to outdo the then current FPS competition.
SPOOOOOOOON!!!
Rufus the Perturbed is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2009, 05:16 PM       
I can't say I was a big Duke Nukem fan (please don't kill me everybody), but this was still a pretty funny article. Just a couple notes.

Dr.Boogie - Kudoes on the Lewis Black reference. DNF definitely qualifies as "persistent vegitative state."

ROG - Do you honestly think Diablo 3 will be worth the wait? I sure hope it is, because if it isn't, I will seriously be going on a mass killing spree the day it gets released.
Space Case
Blaster Atoms is probably a spambot
Old Jun 19th, 2009, 02:10 AM       
You know what would be nice? What if Bethesda bought the Duke Nukem liscence and actually put out the game, like the Fallout sequel?
Banned

Ranana_Pems is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM        3D Realms A Post Mortem
I know this is for the new kids and new members but Hi its been a long time since I seen everyone. Yes Im one of the old timers but havent talked or seen anyone in like years. I think Ill welcome myself back to the realms.
Forum Virgin
danixdefcon5 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2010, 11:02 AM       
Whoa. My PC broke down last year, so I missed this one.

Really ... I'm not surprised 3D Realms and the DNF team went under, what did surprise me is:

1 - it took so long
2 - they were still "trying" to do it
3 - Huh? They're still developing it? I thought they had abandoned it by now!

BTW, Prey may have been cancelled in 1998, but it was one of the original reasons DNF got bumped. 3D Realms didn't want to show off its Prey engine until Prey was released, so they switched DNF to the Quake2 engine... which is another ironic event, as Duke3D took potshots at that series with the "Ain't afraid of no Quake" easter egg. Little did we know that Prey would die, and that the Q2 engine switch was the first of many switches they would do. I lost interest sometime after they switched to the Unreal one.
Nuclear Waffle
StarscreamTheWaffle is probably a spambot
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 07:04 AM       
Blaster Atoms, I fully agree with you. Bethesda is one of the greatest publishers at getting games out and making them good. The only problem, Bethesda specializes in Action RPGs, so it would be like DN3D and Mass Effect, Fallout 3, or New Vegas combined. I don't know how that would work for Duke fans. And it might not be released in stores, or at least will give a bonus to those who preorder it on the Steam platform, and I'm sure that there are some people who won't feel safe with their ownership of a game tied to one account on a web service, even if Valve is good at keeping down the loss of accounts. Hell, they even say in chat what not to do. Such as, Don't give away your account information to anyone.
Forum Virgin
darkkitten is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2011, 11:16 PM       
update:DNF is being released this month!!!