Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:49 PM        The Mahavishnu Orchestra
Fucking brilliant jazz fusion. John McLaughlin is an extremely gifted musician. Anyone else a fan?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:40 AM       
yes, I like them a lot.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:12 PM       
the "inner mounting flame" is one of my favorites. I also like McLaughlin's work with Santana and Stanley Clarke. His playing on Bitches Brew is also insane.

Definatley one of my favorite guitarists.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:29 PM       
i just ordered inner mounting flame yesterday along with A Tribute To John Jackson ( also featuring McLaughlin ) by Miles Davis and a Pharoah Sanders album ( i forget the name...it has the word jewel in it though ).

McLaughlin is definatly high up on my favorites. I dont know if this is true, but i heard he was one of the fastest guitarists around the 70s. not that speed matters much.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2005, 01:14 AM       
yeah he's pretty fast but what always gets me when I listen to his playing is the way he goes from one theme to another effortlessly. People who don't play improv won't understand this, but it shows that he's playing what he's thinking, and when he starts thinking another theme you can actually follow his fingers going from one theme to another effortlessly. Most of us have to wrap our heads around the new idea while we still play the old one, devise a good way to get from point a to point b as we go. He just does it, and it sounds consistently great. I can't explain in any better, but for me it's the best indication that someone has mastered the instrument.