Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:04 AM       
you all are a bunch of faggots you are going to discredit this movie because of a fucking preview of snakes on a plane and one line from the movie? you all are fucking gays thinking that your above this shit and posting about it and shit. lets see you fuckers remake this shit and see how well it would be. No you all arent movie dirertors, you are sad peices of shit who post your opinions here because you think people care but they dont.. IF every movie was like you wanted it to be we would have boring ass fucking intellectual movies. it was good admit it you cunts and im the juggernauight bitch that was funny to fuck you peopl,e and everything you stand for there is hate and deaht in this world because you touch yourself at night fuck you im going to kill everyone you love and smoke hash through there skulls infront of u you dumb fucking assholes
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:47 AM       
Focus on the positives, like how the casting director for the movies kicked ass. The girl who played Shadowcat was definitely cute enough to be the same Kitty Pryde every 5th grader with a set of x-men cards wished was their babysitter.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by adept_ninja
No you all arent movie dirertors,
I"m an aspiring make-up artist :o
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:51 AM       
Quote:
you all are a bunch of faggots you are going to discredit this movie because of a fucking preview of snakes on a plane and one line from the movie? you all are fucking gays thinking that your above this shit and posting about it and shit. lets see you fuckers remake this shit and see how well it would be. No you all arent movie dirertors, you are sad peices of shit who post your opinions here because you think people care but they dont.. IF every movie was like you wanted it to be we would have boring ass fucking intellectual movies. it was good admit it you cunts and im the juggernauight bitch that was funny to fuck you peopl,e and everything you stand for there is hate and deaht in this world because you touch yourself at night fuck you im going to kill everyone you love and smoke hash through there skulls infront of u you dumb fucking assholes
Quoting this hilarity for our children to witness.

Nobody's dicrediting the movie because of those two things. Everyone's saying those are the only two things the movie has going for it because that's as good as it gets.

Wait, I remember you. How the hell did you get so many posts and not be banned for being a total incompetent heap of worthlessness? Are you threadspamming one of the subforums that nobody visits? Because I guarantee that not a single one of your posts was anything resembling "forgivable."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:51 AM       
hahaha i think i struck a nerve
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:51 AM       
i could prob. SHIT a more entertaining movie by the way
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM       
I didn't like it for most of the same reasons Italianstereotype didn't. I thought it was could visually, It really just didn't entertain me storywise. Everyone I sat with didn't get the juggernaut joke or the snakes on a plane joke, so it didn't bother me at all.

But Kelsey Grammer actually made a pretty damn good beast in my opinion. By the end of the movie I think it was a coin flip between who was cuter Kitty pryde or rogue. I think it landed on kitty pryde.

Spoilers of my own

There some ridiculously predictable parts of the movie, like when Xaviers talking to storm and he tells her he wants her to replace him since scott isn't well. Or when storm says "yeah but are you ready to do what you have to do?" to wolverine.

I don't understand the Xmens' motivation to go to alcatraz and fight other mutants. I mean yeah do the right thing and all but I mean they had no idea that the government would keep the mutant vaccine deal voluntary. For all they knew they were fighting to get cured themselves. They picked up the kid but I don't see the association with him and having viles full of the already. It's not like if they kill the kid it erases any memory of his DNA. It just seemed like there was a fight there because there needed to be a fight there.

Regardless of that almost all of the good characters were killed or compromised, which I really don't think is a good finishing point for a trilogy.

But the scene with wolverine and rogue on the operating table was totally kinky.
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2006, 09:03 AM       
Quote:
I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic, so I'm not even gonna touch on the quality of that post.

we're not movie directors here, but we also don't get paid there salary. When you get paid an assload of money you're going to have produce something worth it, or hear shit about it. I'm only acknowledging you because I think its a really dumb point people always make. "Well you can't do better, assclown" whether I can or can't do is completely independent of whether anything is good or not. sure I can't direct a movie but that doesn't make this automatically great.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2006, 01:04 PM       
X3 more like xXx, am I right adeptninja?

Mocker
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM       
I made that joke at the theater and the ticket guy rolled his eyes at me, like he'd heard it 20 times that day...
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old May 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I didn't like it for most of the same reasons Italianstereotype didn't. I thought it was could visually, It really just didn't entertain me storywise. Everyone I sat with didn't get the juggernaut joke or the snakes on a plane joke, so it didn't bother me at all.
What joke? There is no joke here. You have been misinformed.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 27th, 2006, 07:25 PM       
there are some things i dont get: why juggernaut wasnt charles half brother? and why he lost his powers with the child if he gets them from the gem of cytorak?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:32 PM       
they fagged out his origin entirly. Isn't it funny how Charles is immobile and his brother is unstopable?

Post below the number of times you have heard that.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 27th, 2006, 10:28 PM       
Although I hear they made Juggernaut a mutant in Ultimate X-Men.

These Ultimate comics sound great, actually. Origins and storylines are streamlined to cut out a lot of the super-wacky storylines from the older comics. So I don't mind when something relates to the Ultimate storylines. On the other hand, I doubt Ratner even knows there's an Ultimate comic.
Mocker
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:30 AM       
Rog says that magneto moved the little metal chess pieces at the end, but I'm pretty sure he didn't before they cut off to the credits.

but now I'm not sure
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:53 AM       
he did.

and scru, you're kinda missing the entire point of the x-men.
Mocker
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM       
how so?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:32 PM       
Man that movie pissed me off. Some good effects but maaaaaan the story blew ass and they fagged up some characters real good. I don't think they could've done a worse job with juggernaut. Everything about him was just wrong. I hope ratner goes back to directing just rush hour movies or dies or something.

Even my friends who aren't as familiar with the comics or anything thought it sucked.

That was very funny. Well done.
gynecomastia
Moobs is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM       
Ok the juggernaut made me angry. First of all his voice doesn't suit him at all, he's a hardass not some english 'geeza'

Second of all i am one of those people who got pissed off by the 'juggernaut bitch' bit, and when it happend a group of teenagers laughed for like 5 minutes because of the line.

3rd of all he looked like shit

The only things I liked about it is that Beast was in it and Cyclops died before he got a chance to make huge speeches about Jean Gray dying.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM       
despite the blown opportunities, despite the convoluted crap and the bobby/rogue romance disaster adventure, and despite all the other ways this could have been done...

i enjoyed myself immensely. and this is the only forum where i dont seem to be alone.

it's so wierd how all of my friends absolutely hated it. it's so uncommon that i'm starting to wonder what i didn't see.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2006, 09:16 PM       
i was intoxicated when i wrote that so my point was lost in the process of writing it but what i meant to say was I enjoyed the movie and while there were things wrong with it, it was still very good.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:15 AM       
aside from the fact that it sucked.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2006, 04:11 PM       
And butchered some favorite characters.

That was very funny. Well done.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:06 PM       
I, for one, am GLAD they changed so much from the comics. The comics are just that. Comics. The outlandish stories and multicolored costumes WORK in that medium. However, if you were to try and translate that onto real human beings and film a 2 hour movie, you'd get through maybe one issue of a series, and have a bunch of people onscreen looking more flamboyant than the goddamned cast of Cats.

This new take on the characters makes them seem more believable. Even if the powers are completely impossible, the characters seem more real this way. I don't want to see Juggernaut get his powers from some radioactive space crystal, I want something that actually fits into the world that they have created. I liked Pheonix, and I thought her background was explained well enough. Angel could have used more screentime, sure, but he still kicked ass, and the sequels will have more of him, I'm sure.

So, to all the comic book purists complaining about this movie, just stick with the books, because nothing can ever measure up to your hoplessly impossible fanboy standards.
Legislacerator
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:21 PM       
so what does that make you? a Ratner fanboy? because that movie would have still sucked even if they hadn't mangled the comics beyond recognition. I mean, god forbid that they should actually draw upon their source material when making a fucking comic book movie.

COMING IN 2007: A HEARTWARMING TALE OF A YOUNG GIRL COMING TO GRIPS WITH BECOMING A WOMAN IN A FAMILY OF LESBIAN PEDOPHILES. TEA LEONI, KEIRA KNIGHTLEY, BARBARA STREISAND, AND "HOLLYWOOD" HULK HOGAN IN FANTASTIC FOUR 2

I'll expect to see you there opening day.