Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM       
Why hasn't anyone from here contacted him yet?

That was very funny. Well done.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 07:16 PM       
What's wrong with that? Having had to use a lot of PDFs and such at work I'd probably prefer a good old fashioned Word doc. Especially if I was just going to print it out anyway.

...not that I would want this particular Word document, especially not to print out.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
What's wrong with that?
His attempts at sounding smart make me lol ;<
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:39 AM       
ok the topic suddenly turn into a "cwc" topic but i want to now what "Asperger's" syndrome really does

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:47 AM       
The point is that people say they have Asperger's syndrome all the time in order to excuse their social awkwardness and their inability to comprehend why girls aren't interested in hearing about their World of Warcraft roleplay guild. While these are features common to people with Asperger's, the disorder goes much deeper than that. CWC, here, is a paragon example of what Asperger's syndrome is actually like.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:55 AM       
well im gonna try to contact him lol and if its funny maybe tell you guys about it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:22 AM       
And if not? You'll have a new friend? :-\

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 07:54 AM       
Chris sounds more like he has autism than Asperger's, to be fair.

Which is not to say that I'm yet entirely sure what Asperger's really is.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM       
I thought it was a mild form of autism?
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 09:18 AM       
The lines between the two aren't clearly defined. The main characterizing symptoms of Asperger's are social awkwardness and VERY narrow interests (to the point of obsession), without other symtoms of autism being present (I think), so he looks like an ass pie to me.

Last edited by DuFresne : Feb 25th, 2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: i needed to edit
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM       
The line between Asperger's and Autism is basically that Asperger's, from a standpoint of general skills and survival, is not necessarily debilitating. Chris here could still hold a job, cook his own food and probably live on his own if he had to. Autism on the other hand encompasses a few factors of complete social withdrawl - inability to speak, blindness, and the inability of some motor functions to work.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM       
I've got someone in my family that has Aspergers. While it's not as crippling as Autism, it definitely has some negative effects on the person's ability to reason and socialize. I doubt that this is true for all Aspergers, but my experience is that the person craves constant attention and is extremely selfish, generally unresponsive to the wants and needs of other people. Whether it's that they don't understand these desires or if they just don't acknowledge them, I don't know.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:27 PM       
So how does one tell the difference between having Assburgers or just being a dork?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM       
its nature vs nurture, aspergers is inherited genetically, being a dork comes from your environment
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 12:56 PM       
tru
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM       
it's suppose to be easier to spot aspergers when you're a kid, cause there's less chance dorkocity has developed from environment at a young age (unless the kid's parents are major dorks too)
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
Quote:
it definitely has some negative effects on the person's ability to reason and socialize.
Having had some experience with sufferers I found one of the main problems to be their inability to really understand when I was making a joke or being sarcastic, which led to quite a bit of awkwardness and such.
It's almost like assburgers sufferers have evolved to better fit in on the internet; they don't understand humour or sarcasm and they spend a great deal of time telling you about things like Anime and really shitty video games.
Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM       
The more of Christian's stuff I read, the more fascinated I am by how his mind works.

It's kind of scary, in a way. He's obsessed with finding a Boyfriend-Free Girl who shares his interests -- he either doesn't or can't care about what they're interested in unless it's relevant to him. Women have to meet some almost obnoxiously strict criteria for him to tolerate them. The first thing he does when he actually manages to sit down with a girl is pull out the Sonichu scrapbook (literally) and start telling them about everything he likes to do. And he talks about how if he can't find a Boyfriend-Free Girl who meets these criteria, he wants to find a nice girl that he can "mold" into his Sweetheart. (His words.)

On the one hand I find it hard to feel bad for him because if we ascribed any of these qualities to someone who WASN'T autistic, then we'd all just call him a jackass. On the other hand, he's fucking autistic.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 08:30 PM       
"John is atheist now though "

well this was in the past it was time traveling asshole fuck you and your linear stuff.

plus wait a couple of months and he'll find god again.

I could totally have asspergers syndrome if I wanted to diagnose myself with sicknesses.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
On the one hand I find it hard to feel bad for him because if we ascribed any of these qualities to someone who WASN'T autistic, then we'd all just call him a jackass. On the other hand, he's fucking autistic.
I doubt it. A lot of his behavior just screams socially-inept self-centered jackass. His whole spiel about 'telling' everybody how to live their lives comes off as being incredibly douchebaggish: it showcases how he can't really relate to people but is capable of public speaking on some level. If was truly socially inept, he wouldn't boast about it so casually.

If anything, he's fucked in the head because of some pathetic movie-styled idealism. His pathetic attempts to get people to talk to him because he goes around an Abercombie and Fitch with his Gameboy out? The asshole needs to stop living in movies and go out and meet people. Or just swallow his pathetic dignity and hire a hooker. If he's just looking for sex, he might as well start paying for it. That might be the only thing that gets him out of his pathetic rut.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 01:02 PM       
So the bottom line is that there's no sure way to tell if a person has assburgers, and we'll all just have to speculate when we encounter an irritating nerdy person?

Level 29 ♂
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM       
On the internet? No, you can't tell, generally. In real life, you'll know.
OH GOD
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 02:52 PM       
i'd say unless they've got some real sensory issues it'd be awful hard to tell without a CAT scan or something of that nature
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
While I don't have Asperger's Syndrome, this thread has made me come to realize that I should avoid the internet. It is the place where Asperger's Syndrome thrives.
OH GOD
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM       
it's contagious, get some disinfectant