Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 02:57 AM        Weekly Movie Review: The Incredible Hulk
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: The Incredible Hulk.
Vigilante All-Star
Riot.EXE is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 03:27 AM       
What was also great was how they explained why his pants are the only thing to stay on him when he becomes the Hulk...sometimes you just need to be practical.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM       
I loved the beginning, when you were tortured by the idea whether or not the fucked up Hulk. Also, the actor they chose (forgot his name) was an excellent choice for Banner. However, in the theater I saw this in, the noise was horrific because they turned up the speaker, so I wrote on the "customer satisfaction" survey TOO MUCH FUCKING NOISE.
But yeah, good movie.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM       
Also, call me crazy, but I thought the guy who drank Banner's blood was Stan Lee...Just shows you how little I know about comics. MY entire Marvel knowledge is based on the game "Marvel:Ultimate Alliance".
なにをみてんだよ
BakaGaijin is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM       
Again, another movie review I agree with completely. Good review, Proto. I also liked Ang Lee's Hulk and also felt it needed a good external enemy; the dogs and "daddy" were lame. However, Ang Lee really made it a good inner battle with Banner fighting personal demons that we all have in us; our "inner Hulk", which this movie was lacking. I did think this new one needed more character development (and apparently, so did Ed Norton), but that was its only flaw. For a good summer popcorn movie, this Hulk satisfied much more than Indiana Jones and the Excessive CGI.

http://gojira-otaku.livejournal.com/
Drunken_Lemur408 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 01:04 PM       
Lou Ferigno actually voiced the Hulk, and it was nice to see him as the security guard.
Tropical Viking
Hugo is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM       
I expected a "lame to tolerably mediocre" movie, but I ended up quite pleased with this. The action is superb and the campus combat scene was just awesome. It was not as remarkable as Iron Man, which had an adorable softcore blockbuster humor and a better pace, but Leterrier is actually a better action director than Fraveau. The cameo was great as well, and a 400 million dollar avengers movie may come out some day.
As for the sequels for Hulk, well, the box office is a little under the expectations for a us$ 150 million movie, but I really want it to happen.
Forgets Passwords Easily
HeroliciousDeBlanc is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 11:58 PM       
Drunken_Lemur, I agree the Ferrigno part was a good nod. Personally I think I'd go see a movie just called the Incredible Lou Ferrigno.

Throughout the entire movie, my buddy kept remarking on how short Blonsky was compared to everyone else, and he totally is. So we likened him to me, very tiny yet very powerful. Also enjoyed Banner almost becoming Hulk when he was about to have sex, and needing to stop.
Agajahajaga
sandwichoftruth is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 03:02 AM       
From what I've heard, 70 minutes got cut out of the movie that's going to be in the DVD. That's probably where all the character development went. Plus one of those scenes supposedly features a Captain America cameo, which I really wanted to see.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 07:22 AM       
Hey I also donīt hate the Ang Lee Version but thats partly because Iīm no comic reader and canīt relate the movie to the comics. But the old one nicely showed what it might be to be LIKE the hulk, if you know what I mean.
OMNIVORBE
fiercealmond is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 09:35 AM       
I saw the '03 Hulk movie in the theater, expecting it to be an action movie, but I ended up falling asleep for the first hour of the movie and waking up around the time he fights the dogs, and thinking it was stupid as hell.

The new movie, though, I loved. Nothing disappointed me, but I didn't really like William Hurt, the way he acted throughout the movie really bugged me. The setup for The Leader was cool, although that kind of ruins a big fight scene in the sequel, unless they have two villains or he builds a giant robot or some shit. Lou Ferigno's voice as the Hulk was probably the best thing they could do for him in the movie.

For some reason, nobody I've talked to understood that the last scene was Banner trying to learn to control the Hulk. They can't have a completely uncontrollable Hulk in the avengers.
Reptilus Rex
Grossenschwamm is probably a spambot
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM       
I saw The Hulk in '03 and kinda liked it, but I'll admit that it definitely was not up to par as far as action goes, or even a well executed plot. Though, I thought it was interesting how Bruce ends up in South America in The Hulk, and where is he when the movie picks up in The Incredible Hulk? Brazil.
I really enjoyed this movie, and I liked that the Hulk actually got to fight a villain, on top of actually showing the complex relationship between Banner and the "Jolly" Green Giant.
The Almost Love Scene was very funny as well. And, like any movie I watch, I'm always able to see at least one part and make a corny joke out of it, like when the Hulk rescues Betty and brings her to some random cave. The first thing I said in the theater when he found this arbitrarily placed cave in the rainstorm?
"Grr...Hulk find CAVE!!"
I was then simultaneously worried that, when Betty regained consciousness, she'd stare unerringly at the Hulk's gamma-junk. That'd be awkward.
Forum Virgin
NightProwler is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 08:27 AM       
Am I the only one who noticed Bill Bixby's cameo? This film was far superior to 03's
Hulk. I enjoyed how the opening credit sequences were a homage to the TV show. As I have never read the comic, the TV show was my introduction to the Hulk. Matter of fact I am in the middle of watching season three right now.
Turrican't. :(
Kitsunexus is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM       
EDWARD FREAKING NORTON.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 02:31 AM       
I thought it was pretty damn good, Norton played the role quite nicely, and 03's Hulk was shit, pure shit
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM       
Hulk movies rock. The world is at peace.
Forum Virgin
Lostmayhem is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 11:40 PM       
When I heard the Hulk talk I too was pleased. The only thing that pisses me off is: now its in the trailers. I was shocked when he talked, and now you can hear it in the trailers. Its sad
I must preserve my P.B.F.
Location: In an alleyway, behind the dumpster, and in the stairway to the left
Duct Tape Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 12:04 AM       
It's quite nice that this Hulk version has no annoying boxes.