Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
timrpgland timrpgland is offline
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Minnesota, USA
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:07 PM       
I didn't give Freakshow a chance so I have no clue if it sucks or not. It just didn't look like it'd be good so I didn't watch it. Maybe it's golden.

South Park continues to make me laugh and when it doesn't hit the marks perfectly, it still ends up being entertaining to watch. It's hit or miss sometimes I guess but I can honestly say I have never actually disliked a episode.

Once I heard that Blizzard was all for this I was a little worried but their collaboration didn't take away from the shots they took at the gamers.
__________________

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Reply With Quote
  #27  
pjalne pjalne is offline
Senior Member
pjalne's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Norway
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 07:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Stan's dad was great.
I haven't seen the episode, but it doesn't matter what he did, Randy Marsh is one of the best things that have ever happened to television.

EDIT:
__________________
Encyclopedia Obscura
Reply With Quote
  #28  
ScruU2wice ScruU2wice is offline
Mocker
ScruU2wice's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: thursday
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 10:38 PM       
I hated all the old episodes of south park but I'm really starting to love the new ones.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker haver mastered the cheesy montage.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Ninjavenom Ninjavenom is offline
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Oct 5th, 2006, 10:41 PM       
Freak Squad will have me qatching because david cross voices a character and he physically can not suck at anything.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Immortal Goat Immortal Goat is offline
Now with less sodium!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 01:36 AM       
Except, of course, the fact that Freak Sqad sucked horribly, and only horrible people will continue to watch it.
__________________
I like snow. If winter's going to be cold anyway, at least have it be fun to look at. Probably why I was with my ex for so long...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
thebiggameover thebiggameover is offline
Mocker
thebiggameover's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GCRT J1745-3009
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 01:43 AM       
its on again if you missed it....
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Grislygus Grislygus is offline
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 10:26 AM       
It's also being hosted here.
__________________
IT'S A GOOFY BALL, MATTHEW. NOT A SUPER COMPUTER.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Mad Melvin Mad Melvin is offline
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: no comment
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM       
and here: http://www.southparkx.net
__________________
LOGJAMMIN'
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Azrael Azrael is offline
Grislygus' best friend
Azrael's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The spare bedrroom in Carl's house.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM       
Blizzard Guy: But if we don't find your son, his character will die!
Randy Marsh: Dear God no!!!!!!
__________________
"Nice try, but my head has Paradox absorbing crumple zones!"-Robot Santa Claus
Reply With Quote
  #35  
liquidstatik liquidstatik is offline
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 03:55 PM       
haha yeah thanks i didnt hear that part
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Ninjavenom Ninjavenom is offline
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 04:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Except, of course, the fact that Freak Sqad sucked horribly, and only horrible people will continue to watch it.

Watch me defend this shit until someone likes it, just like Drawn Together. You don't think the guy dressed as Michael Jackson going "beat it! beat it!" is funny?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
GADZOOKS GADZOOKS is offline
dipshed
GADZOOKS's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 11:41 PM       
Ugh, that was the worse hour of television I have seen in a long time. And I like most of the people behind Freak Show, but, ugh.
I'm not even going to bother talking about how bad that South Park was because you nerds ate it all up.

Now that Stella is gone this is truly Comedy Central's Dark Ages.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #38  
Rongi Rongi is offline
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: POOF
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 01:16 PM       
keep in mind that david cross was in scary movie 2, so not everything the man is involved with is going to be funny.

also, i remember wanting to beat the shit out of him in GTA for being so fucking annoying
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Grislygus Grislygus is offline
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS
I'm not even going to bother talking about how bad that South Park was because you nerds ate it all up.
It was a helluva lot better than that stupid Alcoholism/Bloody Mary episode.
__________________
IT'S A GOOFY BALL, MATTHEW. NOT A SUPER COMPUTER.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
SLjimbolian SLjimbolian is offline
C:enter:###
SLjimbolian's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Yerk
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM       
This week's episode sounds....interesting.

Mystery of the Urinal Deuce
Original air Date: 2006-10-11
The world’s biggest conspiracy of all time will finally be uncovered when Eric Cartman exposes the true culprit behind the September 11th attacks. An attempted assassination in South Park means no one is safe from the people who are the real brains behind the 9/11 conspiracy. When Kyle and Stan hit the road in search of the truth, they come face-to-face with the masterminds who pulled off the most elaborate, intricate and flawlessly executed operation in American history..
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Immortal Goat Immortal Goat is offline
Now with less sodium!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 10:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Except, of course, the fact that Freak Sqad sucked horribly, and only horrible people will continue to watch it.

Watch me defend this shit until someone likes it, just like Drawn Together. You don't think the guy dressed as Michael Jackson going "beat it! beat it!" is funny?
HAHAHA I MISSD THAT PART OHEMGEE THEY MADE A MICHAEL JACKSON JOKE HOW TOPICALL!

The show sucked, and knowing Comedy Central, they'll keep renewing it season after season just like Drawn Together, while shows like Strangers With Candy and Stella get shunned altogether. If it weren't for the Daily Show, Colbert Report, and South Park, Comedy Central would be one of the worst fucking channels on TV right now.
__________________
I like snow. If winter's going to be cold anyway, at least have it be fun to look at. Probably why I was with my ex for so long...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Jixby Phillips Jixby Phillips is offline
Mocker
Jixby Phillips's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2000
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 04:35 AM       
Uh you are kinda understating how incredible it is for a cable channel to have that many good shows on it (very).

Comedy Central has always mostly sucked, just like EVERY FUCKING CABLE CHANNEL IN EXISTANCE. The good stuff accumulates in your brain so you get this delusional bullshit that IT USED TO BE SO MUCH BETTER when more or less, it's always sucked just as much. Even when Comedy Central was playing MST3K and Kids in the Hall all the time, I'm sure there were tons of forgetable shows and awful movies polluting it's airwaves. Comedy Central has shitcanned a lot of great shows, but at least they give them a chance. And you know what? They've shitcanned a lot of SHITTY shows too. So auuugh just shut up you people are just all trying to be all I'M CYNICAL ABOUT HOW THINGS WORK AND I KNOW ABOUT HOW EVERYTHING WORKS WAH WAH uugyhaghoghaodhga shut up
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
GADZOOKS GADZOOKS is offline
dipshed
GADZOOKS's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM       
I DISAGREE. Since I watched alot of comedy central in that era you spoke of, Comedy Central was alot better in the past then it is now. For the simple fact alone that it used show SNL 20 times a day then and it now shows MADTV 20 times a day.

BUT I DO agree that Comedy Central is in no way close to the worse channel on television, not when G4 and Spike TV exist. As far as cable goes, Comedy Central is on top because at least it still shows standup like it was intended to and didn't go all MTV with it's original programming.

And they didn't shun Strangers with Candy and Stella, THOSE SHOWS DID NOT GET RATINGS, if it's anybody's fault it's the viewers. The viewers who love jumping girls on trampolines and fag jokes.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #44  
Immortal Goat Immortal Goat is offline
Now with less sodium!
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 10:23 AM       
Oh, I definitely agree that most TV sucks. And I also agree that viewers are the reason that good shows go by the wayside. Viewers like Ninjavenom. Thanks to people like him that laugh at shows aimed for the lowest common denominator, the good shit is gone.
__________________
I like snow. If winter's going to be cold anyway, at least have it be fun to look at. Probably why I was with my ex for so long...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Ant10708 Ant10708 is offline
Mocker
Ant10708's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New York
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 12:16 PM       
I'm thankful they cancelled the new Man Show.
__________________
I'm all for the idea of stoning the rapists, but to death...? That's a bit of a stretch, but I think the system will work. - Geggy
Reply With Quote
  #46  
HickMan HickMan is offline
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: MILWAUKEE
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 03:27 PM       
thanks
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
thebiggameover thebiggameover is offline
Mocker
thebiggameover's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GCRT J1745-3009
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 04:33 PM       
Drawn Together is ok sometimes. i liked the live action cow one....
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Ninjavenom Ninjavenom is offline
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 07:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
Oh, I definitely agree that most TV sucks. And I also agree that viewers are the reason that good shows go by the wayside. Viewers like Ninjavenom. Thanks to people like him that laugh at shows aimed for the lowest common denominator, the good shit is gone.

So, i'm not supposed to watch the shows that make me laugh because you think they're too lowbrow? What the fuck is on comedy central right now that's THAT good anyway? Shows like SWC and UCB don't gain a large cult following until they get cancelled, so if anything else you should be thanking people like me for making shows go off the air and driving up fan requests to the point of DVDs and boxed sets and movies getting released. So you can sit there and shriek in an irrational rage when Drawn Together and Freak Show come on, and i'll watch them and laugh my ass off and have inifintely more fun than you will.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
zeldasbiggestfan zeldasbiggestfan is offline
What
zeldasbiggestfan's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Not Canada.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM       
Im surprised that some people actually dont like Drawn Together. I was one of the 2 people at my school last year who absoultely HATED it. And now Im the only one. Im really glad I stumbled onto this thread knowing Im not alone. And Ninjavenom if you like it when other people dont its quite obvious you will have alot more fun than we will. Ive also gotta agree with Immortalgoat. Most TV sucks. Only 2 I actually watch are X-Play and Brainiac. How about you guys?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Grislygus Grislygus is offline
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2006
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM       
I think X-Play sucks.

When it comes to TV, I'm waiting with baited breath for Jim Steinman's Bikers of the Round Table.
__________________
IT'S A GOOFY BALL, MATTHEW. NOT A SUPER COMPUTER.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 PM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.