Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I took it way to far that time. Your username is a beacon for abuse.
You don't like the Legend of Zelda I take it?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM       
I don't like the Legend of ZBF
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Honestly, let's do this:

Set up a new site 'feature' that's meant for trolling and designed/run entirely by myself and other forum professionals (I-SERIOUSNESS)
We'll use that as a hub to create more trolling pages
Move these forums over there to that feature
Set I-Bapery skin to default
Create new forums and make article discussion the 'general blabber' of that one

In this way, you don't have to do stuff you're not interested in, you'll get more hits by proxy of my page, the vets will be happy, and newbies won't cry as hard.
QUOTED FOR PAGEBREAK
Insane Writer
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I don't like the Legend of ZBF
You thought I was him/her? I see.

I saw his/her thread on the broken CD or whatever.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM       
Honestly, I stopped thinking they were different people and their personas/posts sort of started merging together a while ago.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM       
I remember when I first (re) got here in late 2007, I had to deal with Pubs territorial behavior, Willie under cover and being a jerk, Sevenforce doing what he does best and GW trying to act like a girl who loves all the same things as me.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:03 PM       
things must not have changed much between when you re-got here and when I got here, then.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:15 PM       
What are you even talking about, "re-got here"? When were you here before?

The GW saga was hilarious, but the aftermath was not. Pub's territorial behavior is kind of like a kid in a tree house; he's only getting what he wants if you pay him and his weird antics any attention.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:29 PM       
I was here for a short while in 2002, but I was told by work not to get into fights cause they didn't want all the I.P.s blocked and I got bored of watching.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM       
You had a job?
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeOfAllTrades View Post
At least you understand. It's like a big relief to get this big weight off me. When I say I'm dedicating my book to you, I mean it. If none of this ever went down I never would have come up with the idea of a book about a (completely unrelated) flame war resulting in dire consequences/messed up ghost story in the first place. I don't want to get your hopes up or anything, but I have sent part of it to a publisher, and they liked it, but they say it needs crafting. That's fair enough, at this age I'm still very young and very, very stupid.
hi jake, i stopped reading your post here. publishers do not tend to accept unsolicited manuscripts, they get sent into a "slush pile" and are never responded to. no legitimate publisher would take half of your manuscript, read it and tell you it needs work.

you're lying. if you really did write a book and were serious about having it published then you would have researched it just a little and you would know that you would have to write query letters to literary agents who (if interested) would then request a copy of your manuscript. if they like it, they would then forward it to an editor or two, THEN your literary agent acting on your behalf would send copies of your manuscript out to publishing houses. that's standard procedure in australia, too. you would never even speak to a publisher unless they were interested in buying your book, i refuse to believe that any aspiring writer would not know that.

p.s- if jake is someones character then whoever occupying him should really put a little bit of work into it so it's not so obvious and disappointing.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 09:43 PM       
Hi guys, sorry i'm late in this thread but I found a threatening street sign I want you all to see!

Oh and Jake, HOLY SHIT YOU ARE THE MOST SENSITIVE "PERSON" EVER!!!! SERiously your being taunted by people on the internet who you will never meet and don't mean shit to you let alone the fact that their opinions don't men shit anywhere except here (barely).

Seriously Jake you gotta get in the FORCE TUBE and be more aggressively defensive with these fucks. Don't be afraid to threaten to set somebody's house on fire or stab them in the ass with a shovel.

Thank you for your time,
EVIL ROBOT RULES
Insane Writer
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
hi jake, i stopped reading your post here. publishers do not tend to accept unsolicited manuscripts, they get sent into a "slush pile" and are never responded to. no legitimate publisher would take half of your manuscript, read it and tell you it needs work.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on the publisher? I mean I'm sure the odds aren't great but it's still possible.

Quote:
you're lying. if you really did write a book and were serious about having it published then you would have researched it just a little and you would know that you would have to write query letters to literary agents who (if interested) would then request a copy of your manuscript. if they like it, they would then forward it to an editor or two, THEN your literary agent acting on your behalf would send copies of your manuscript out to publishing houses. that's standard procedure in australia, too. you would never even speak to a publisher unless they were interested in buying your book, i refuse to believe that any aspiring writer would not know that.
Eh, like I said it depends on the literary agent/publisher. I've seen agents that want you to contact them first then send in samples and ones who want you to include a few pages straightaway. There are people who skip literary agents all together and people who publish their own work.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that depend on the publisher? I mean I'm sure the odds aren't great but it's still possible.
yes, i suppose it is possible but as you said it's not realistic. i should clarify, by publishers, i am referring specifically to reputable publishing houses. not exclusively major ones - just legitimate ones. if jake were as serious about writing as he portrays himself to be he would not have done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Eh, like I said it depends on the literary agent/publisher. I've seen agents that want you to contact them first then send in samples and ones who want you to include a few pages straightaway. There are people who skip literary agents all together and people who publish their own work.
i've also noticed this, they all seem to have various preferences, like for example some agents only accept query letters via snail-mail to deter those who are not serious about it. this way, it prevents them from being stuck on an email forwarding list of every single agent in the business. on the flip side, a lot of agents only accept email query letters because they're easier to keep track of (and possibly due to a fear of anthrax)
so yeah, as you said, it really just depends. the basic idea still stands though, if you want your book published, there is a proper way to have it done. jake would have known, a publisher would have known, therefore i don't believe this happened.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:05 PM       
Do you know this because you are trying to get a book published, elx?
Mocker
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
nah, i know this from reading books, not writing them.

edit: although I AM published, when I was in fourth grade a company paid $40 for one of my poems to be added to a collection, then my parents turned around and spent over $200 on copies of the book.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:18 PM       
That's strange, I know someone that had the exact same thing happen to them. Hmm.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:25 PM       
I had a letter published in Toyfare magazine once.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM       
Yeah, I had an article about the live trade of animals published in a nation wide left wing newspaper. It was heavily edited though because my article was pretty shit
Insane Writer
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:37 PM       
Bah, closest I've gotten to being published is when my Reflections entry made Nationals.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:37 PM       
I am a publisher and I hate your manuscript.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I had a letter published in Toyfare magazine once.
That's nothing. I've had my letter published in the funny books.
Edit: Proof, not that anyone cares.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:50 PM       

Last edited by captain516 : Aug 17th, 2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: double post, please delete
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 11:56 PM       
My grandmother had a bunch of trashy romance novels published. If she can do it anyone can.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM       
I've published one article