Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

kilmie polanski is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 04:15 AM        Suicide on stage??
Front man for Hell on Earth takes his case to Bay area airwavesWednesday, September 17th

http://www.baynews9.com/site/NewsSto...?storyid=24731

Billy Tourtelot, left, was a guest on the Bubba the Love Sponge show Wednesday morning.
The leader of the shock/rock band Hell on Earth took to the airwaves Wednesday to explain why someone would want to commit suicide during the group's concert at the State Theater in St. Petersburg next month.

Billy Tourtelot told 98 Rock's Bubba the Love Sponge - aka Todd Clem - that a terminally ill person in the Bay area contacted him via email through the band's web site. He says the suicide is not a stunt to gain publicity for Hell on Earth.

"They'd rather have an assisted suicide, but because of the way the laws are written, they can't do it," Tourtelot said in an interview Wednesday morning with Bubba. "So, bringing dying with dignity to the forefront is really what it's all about."

This is a copy of the letter from the person that allegedly wants to commit suicide on Oct. 4.
Tourtelot even read a suicide letter, allegedly written by the unnamed person.

The letter read as follows: "I have chosen this event on Saturday, October 4th for my self deliverance to raise awareness of dying with dignity. I am of rational mind and do not hold Hell on Earth or the State Theatre [sic] liable for my actions."

That statement is not enough to convince local law enforcement officials to allow a live suicide on stage at the state theater. The St. Petersburg Police Department and the State Attorney's Office are working diligently to find out what their options are as far as the law is concerned.

St. Petersburg City Councilman Bill Foster says he feels pretty confident that the event won't happen at the State Theater on October 4.

Foster, a city council member and attorney, says the assisted suicide will not take place in St. Petersburg.
"This activity will not be tolerated in the City of St. Petersburg," Foster said.

The councilman, who happens to be an attorney, cites the Florida Statute that makes assisted suicide a second-degree felony.

"If it's a stunt, then they have very right to perform this stunt on stage," Foster added. "If somebody loses their life, they will be prosecuted as conspirators."

On Bubba's show, Tourtelot insists that he's not doing anything illegal
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2003, 09:31 AM       
Damn. I thought that one of the band members was going to do it. That would've been cool. GG Allin always said he was gonig to kill himself onstage. Too bad he OD'd on heroin. Offstage.