Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM       
really enjoying this show a lot but there's way too much character development being put into these people that are just dying anyway. want more zombie action less family dynamic.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM       
I felt last nights zombie uprising was nice. Although I would have sworn I saw the cop guy who stayed at the camp get bit in the arm from behind while he was shotgunning another zombie in the face.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 04:00 PM       
I haaaaated the later scenes with those Lationo guys. It just felt overly sappy and boring. When the zombie attack happened, I was thinking "Hey, this is actually a good episode!", but then I remembered those stupid hospital scenes.

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM       
Yeah could have done without the Mexicans. If they are such good guys then why did they kidnap the Korean kid?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 04:54 PM       
Aren't there like only 2 more episodes for this season? IDK if they are gonna be able to hook me with the last episode.
Old Nov 22nd, 2010, 05:44 PM       
Oh fuck. It feels like they are only getting started and they are going to end in two episodes?! Mother fuckers. AMC is starting to piss me off with the way they end their seasons.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM       
I feel ya Dimnos. I am irritated by the short season. Although, I must say I am enjoying it. The thing that I really detest is the commercials. They really steal time away from the show.

What is further interesting to me is that despite having commercials like CW and other non-subscriber stations, they only have 13 or less episode season. If you are making money from commercials, you could invest in 20 some episodes like CW does Supernatural.

But oh well, I am happy for it nonetheless.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM       
They are even packing them in more than they did at the beginning of the season. Mother fuckers. Although redneck girl taking a pickaxe to her dead husbands head was rather sweetly gruesome.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 11:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
They are even packing them in more than they did at the beginning of the season. Mother fuckers. Although redneck girl taking a pickaxe to her dead husbands head was rather sweetly gruesome.
I thought it was funny when Merle's brother gave her a WTF/Horror face. LOL!
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM       
I haven't seen the show yet but did you hear about how they fired the entire writing staff?
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM       
What the fuck do you need a writing staff for when its already written out in a graphic novel?
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 12:03 PM       
I was not aware of the shows origin
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:22 PM       
Last I asked (on page 1 of this thread) it was only like 2 or 3 episodes in but someone said they were following the novel rather closely. Im not real familiar with the studio workings of filming a TV show but I would think I, or anyone really, could direct it from the graphic novel without a team of writers.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM       
It's really different from the graphic novel so far. There are similarities, but it's going in a different direction already. Though if you've read the comics, you probably have a basic idea of who will die and how.

Also, I'm pretty sure Robert Kirkman (creator and writer of the comics) wrote that awful episode with the hospital Latinos. He's really not the greatest writer.

Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM       
I take it you read the comics? Am I to expect major zombie ass kicking from that red neck guy with the crossbow? Is he even in the comics?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 04:32 PM       
WARNING TORRENT SITE

S ARE A BAD IDEA
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 04:56 PM       
Youre the man T.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM       
IDK if I want to read it. The series lost me. I have the last 2 episodes dvr'd and still don't have the urge to watch it. You guys say there are some cool zombie scenes in there though. May as well finish the season in a 3 hour session of disappointment.

I'll probably read the comic after I watch this season.
The Wolf
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
I take it you read the comics? Am I to expect major zombie ass kicking from that red neck guy with the crossbow? Is he even in the comics?
No, he's not in there. Neither is Merle. There are a few really badass characters that do a shitload of zombie killing, though. They could show up at some point. There are some really cool scenes and characters in the comics.

I suggest reading them, honestly. They're really easy to get into, as well; I read them all after that fucking awful 3rd or 4th episode. Can't remember which.

Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:38 PM       
I started reading these the other day and just cant stop. Im up to book 30 something now. Michonne is one bad ass you want on your side.

Spoilers!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM       
She completely fucked the Governor up.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:10 AM       
best part was with his eye.
The Wolf
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 12:04 PM       
Spoilers!

Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 10:13 PM       
Quote:
Last I asked (on page 1 of this thread) it was only like 2 or 3 episodes in but someone said they were following the novel rather closely. Im not real familiar with the studio workings of filming a TV show but I would think I, or anyone really, could direct it from the graphic novel without a team of writers.

at the time it was following the comics pretty closely. around episode 3 things start to go off path, and by the last episode things are all different.

and regarding the fireing of the staff thing, thats just a rumor that has been floating around. the truth is only one of the writing staff has been let go(Charles ‘Chic’ Eglee). although more "might" follow.