Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 09:30 PM        Kingdom Hearts is the most overrated game ever
yeah

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2003, 09:49 PM       
But I like Kingdom Hearts.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 12:05 AM       
You're overrated too.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 01:44 AM       
Rongi really needs to learn how to spell underrated.

Oh, and I'm expecting reasons why you don't like the game, so that I may disregard your opinion and call you a faggot.

Psycho Squid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 02:03 AM       
IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S A DISNEY GAME
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 03:02 AM       
Words to live by from the wacky world of Psycho Squid.

MK IV is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 04:09 AM       
Its a good solid game , ok plot with good character development , the combat system is refreshingly new and works well in 3d (iv only seen square do that type of combat in 2d), theres an awful lot to do and collect in the game too.
Like build a custom space ship out of GUMMI's now i always thought gummi's were a soft jelly sweet, so you get to build a soft jelly spaceship ! Comon how many other games offer so much joy and hilarity !

UtterParadox is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 07:08 AM       
Okay, I did have some problems with the game. Namely, the music. They could have come up with some decent music instead of just taking "classic" Disney songs and making them instrumental. I nearly committed seppuku during the Atlantica level.

Still: Incredibly dark plot (there are Final Fantasy games with less depressing moments), being able to beat the crap out of Squall (even if he's called Leon) AND Yuffie in the same battle, a better-than-average camera, and even a stripped-down behind-the-back-view 3D Gradius ripoff (the Gummi Ship), plus everything MK mentioned, makes this one quite the game.

"I wonder how strong human bones are after they shrink..."

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 11:58 AM        .
I got as far as beating the first planet and meeting Tarzan. Then Grand Theft Auto Vice City flooded the shelves and Kingdom Hearts made its way to a shallow grave in the backyard.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
I'm never going to play this game. I fucking hate Disney. I don't care if it's full of FF stuff, Disney ruins it for me on sight.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 03:28 PM       
I don't hate it because it brings Disney and FF together, no sir. That's the reason why I bought it. However, the gameplay is absolute shit. You jump around a lot and hack and slash at things. If that's not fun, then I sure don't know what is !
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 03:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK IV
the combat system is refreshingly new and works well in 3d (iv only seen square do that type of combat in 2d)
You obviously don't play a lot of video games.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I'm never going to play this game. I fucking hate Disney. I don't care if it's full of FF stuff, Disney ruins it for me on sight.
Same here. When I first heard the concept, an FF game with Disney elements, I recoiled in horror. Seriously, I blocked my face with my hands, I hissed, my pupils dilated, I don't do things halfway people. I will not be playing this game.

Also, the commercial was annoying as hell.

Nerd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 04:36 PM       
I have to admit, that's how I first felt when I herd about the game, and the feeling was mutual with most gamers. But when I herd Cloud was in it, you better believe I bought it that day. I don't regret it. It's one of Square's best games. If you like RPG's and/or Final Fantasy, then you're missing out on one hell of a good game.

The fighting system? Yes, I agree, after playing through it a second time I found that it was rather dull. But does that ruin the game? No, of course not. It isn't the best system, but it isn't the worst. But if you just really hate it and it ruined the game for you, I guess I can see where you're coming from.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 05:37 PM       
That fact that it is Disney is what makes the game so great. You can hate them all you want, but it works so well, that it simply doesn't matter. I'm far from being Disney's biggest fan, but playing through the different worlds, hearing familiar music, and even more familiar voices (a great deal of the characters are voiced by people who've done them in the movies or shows.) really does bring something out of you, and makes you enjoy it. You owe it to yourselves to at least rent it.

More importantly, don't think that the story is watered down in the least due to Disney being involved. The story is heavily mature-themed, ranking right up there, if not higher than, any Final Fantasy game.

Rongi, I imagine you're still early into the game then. The combat, while mostly hacking-and-slashing, does have a fair share of strategy, and plenty of use for magic and other attack skills. But give the active battle system, there's not much else you COULD do, is there?

Still, some of you think it's overrated, and others won't even touch it. But for me, I would go as far as to say that it might very well be the greatest game I ever played.

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 08:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK IV
the combat system is refreshingly new and works well in 3d (iv only seen square do that type of combat in 2d)
You obviously don't play a lot of video games.
Yea obviously

What would you compare the combat system to then ?

Secret of mana ?
Oh sorry thats a 2d game , fucker !

So common , what other Squaresoft games have you played with the same combat sytem IN 3d .

FF doesnt count BECAUSE ITS TURN BASED !
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 08:35 PM       
Why's it have to be a Square game?

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 08:57 PM       
NO.

Old Oct 27th, 2003, 10:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
That fact that it is Disney is what makes the game so great. You can hate them all you want, but it works so well, that it simply doesn't matter. I'm far from being Disney's biggest fan, but playing through the different worlds, hearing familiar music, and even more familiar voices (a great deal of the characters are voiced by people who've done them in the movies or shows.) really does bring something out of you, and makes you enjoy it. You owe it to yourselves to at least rent it.
You misunderstand me. I consider the fact that it contains Disney characters/locales/songs/etc. to be a negative.

Also, I don't care much for the FF universe, with the exception of FFTA, and to a lesser extent Final Fantasy Adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Still, some of you think it's overrated, and others won't even touch it. But for me, I would go as far as to say that it might very well be the greatest game I ever played.
You need to play more games, James.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 27th, 2003, 10:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
You misunderstand me. I consider the fact that it contains Disney characters/locales/songs/etc. to be a negative.
So did I, until I played it.

I'd guarantee that your opinion would change if you played it. It had nothing to do with Disney, and nothing to do with Final Fantasy. The game, as a whole, is top quality.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
Undoubtedly one of my all-time favorite games. Disney (of which I'm not a huge fan) + Square ( who I follow only on the basis of how into the game I can get into) was actually a a stroke of genius.

This game kicks complete and utter ass, and if you can't realize that, well, you've probably got a problem. Sure, it gets a bit cutesy at times, but what Square game doesn't? At least in KH they can place the blame on Disney.

James, you make some pretty fine points, ones that I feel no need to pontificate upon.

Oh, and just try to beat Sephiroth using simple "hack-n-slash" techniques. Yeah, the combat system is "simple". Whatever.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 01:42 AM       
ninja, quit being a poon and play the game.

same for you, Boogs. I'll bet you'll both be singing "Under the Sea" in your King Triton underwear before you're two shits from Agrabah.

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 02:00 AM       
Alright, alright. Next time I rent videos, I'll look for a copy of your Disney/FF faggery so that I can judge for myself whether the game is as asinine as the concept.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 02:25 AM       
Well, I'll just warn you this, Boogie. If you go into the game with the attitude that you won't like it, you probably aren't going to like it. So just try to keep an open mind, and play through a fair amount of it.

The music, the worlds, the story, the characters. Everything just comes together to put you through one of the best experiences you can have with a video game.

Besides, it has Nightmare Before Christmas in it, which kicks ass.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
Jesus, you can't start an argument with James because he will put a page long response, how you are wrong. I never want to get into arguments with James, no offense.