Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Johnnie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM        About the guide
Hi, I'm Jonathan. Can anyone tell me why my computer keeps crashing when I try to load the newbie's guide thats stickied? I use safari(macintosh) if that helps anyone.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM       
no idea, have you tried looking at it w/o images
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 02:36 AM       
I'm just glad to hear you're trying to read it. Unless, of course, you're only reading it to learn the correct way to suck around here, in which case SCREW YOU BUDDY

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 02:43 AM       
I don't know why the thing's causing your computer to crash, but the least I can do is quote it for you.

Quote:

In this thread I will explain a few points to people that are relatively new to these forums. I'm not trying to be humorous in this thread, so don't expect another 'Newbie Classification Guide,' replete with comical images of people carefully selected from Google.

OVERVIEW

The goal of this board is to supplement the I-Mockery.com website, and as such provide two things: Mockery by and for the public that attends the site and topic-driven discussion among registrars.

ETIQUETTE (Or, how not to be disliked)

Fighting
The first goal is often mistaken as meaning this is a 'flame board,' wherein you may (and are expected to) 'attack' other board members. While mocking other board members certainly falls under the category of 'mockery,' the unrelenting and/or humorless pursuit of individuals into seperate topics and forums does not. Learn to take a joke and leave it alone.

Content
You are not required to be funny or even interesting to post here, so please do not feel intimidated into attempting either. By the same token, don't exert yourself trying to be accepted by the community. 'Being yourself' is honestly the best way to go - you have nothing to prove and are guaranteed to fail in any attempts to shock or impress people by being an 'offbeat' individual, so just relax and don't be a jerk.

Replying to topics
Say your piece when needed and let a few people reply to a topic before you add to it again. The post count listed with your name is a good rule-of-thumb for whether or not you're being annoying; By clicking on the 'profile' button below your posts, you may access in-depth posting data: Around 10-15 posts per day are a very acceptable average for those getting used to the forum. Let other people talk too, and try to condense your thoughts into single posts.

Creating topics
Do not create a topic unless there is a good reason for it. Being new and harboring an intent to announce your arrival falls far from the bounds of 'good reason.' There are so many people here that there's no reason to introduce yourself. If someone wants to remember you, they'll do it of their own volition. Furthermore, keep topic creation to a maximum of once a week until you get to know the place better.

Not every thread goes in General Blabber - There are many other forums on this board under which your topic may belong.

RULES

You can only get unwillingly removed from the forums by breaking rules. They are as follows:

- No spamming (posts with the sole intent of 'selling' something)
- No flooding, hacking, or anything else that physically harms the forums.
- No malicious racist remarks.
- Exercise reason with images and their size, especially in signatures. (Generally speaking, with signatures, 150-200 pixels tall is 'enough.' For all other images, as the site is optimized for those running under an 800 x 600 resolution, most posts should follow suit: about 650 pixels wide and apply common sense to height. Keep in mind that many people are still using dial-up modems, so don't use many pictures, and optimize the ones you do if you can.)

Follow these basic guidelines and you may yet become a valued member of our community.
Maybe.

Johnnie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 11:53 AM       
well, sucking comes naturally for me, so screw you too!
executioner got it right, I guess it was something about that image that kept fucking my computer. But hey, thanks for helping.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 12:01 PM       
Yeah those 16kb pictures are the ones that getcha

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog