Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:32 PM        New Wolfenstein Trailer
Raven have been keeping this one quiet for a long time but finally a teaser has surfaced: LINK

It looks good but not great - though it's difficult to get a good picture of the game from a series of 1 second long cuts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Dimnos Dimnos is offline
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Baseball Town, TX
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:43 PM       
Only on xbox and ps3? wtf is that?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
darkvare darkvare is offline
taco loving zombie
darkvare's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: zacatecas mexico bitches
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:50 PM       
is this one gonna have hitler too? i wanna kill him again
__________________

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Reply With Quote
  #4  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM       
Says it's coming to PC on the GT page?


...unless you're talking about Wii in which case you can fuck right off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM       
Wow, a shooter that lost relevance 12 years ago! Sign me up!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM       
Relevance? And which game would you say is "relevant", Guitar Woman?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Alone in the Dark?

Yeah, let's go with that.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
Yeah, between the unreleased sequel to a great shooter and a terrible horror game that pretty much everyone hates, I'd go for the latter every time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:30 PM       
I was making a joke, Metal Militia.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:31 PM       
You fuck stick.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:34 PM       
It's difficult to tell when all your other opinions on gaming are just as ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:38 PM       
If your massive erection for Microsoft wasn't in the way you'd see that I usually supply a logical explanation of why I think a game is terrible, but ok.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
Microsoft? The game's being developed by Raven and published by Activision. What does Microsoft have to do with this?

It's funny that you think your totally uninformed opinion of something constitutes a "logical" argument. Especially when your reasoning is generally something along the lines of "This game features brown or grey and thus It's HORRIBLE!".

I think looking like Mr Spock may have gone to your head.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
I was talking more about the part where you said I don't play games before hating them because I didn't like Mass Effect, which is what I thought you were referring to when you said my taste in games was ridiculous.

If Mass Effect were a Wii game in some bizarro fantasy world where the Wii gets high budget TALKING SIMULATORS you'd probably be singing a different tune and spouting about INNOVASHUN LOL, THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTURE
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Dr. Boogie Dr. Boogie is offline
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Help, I'm lost!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM       
So, he said he liked Mass Effect, and you're saying that if it were on the Wii, he would still say that he likes it?
__________________
Dr. Boogie: Everything is so simple when you have a rocket launcher for an arm!


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:17 PM       
He would be saying it in sarcasm.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Tadao Tadao is offline
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:37 PM       
What's your problem GW, it's not like you pay for your games anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
I just really like complaining about when people make things I don't like.

Also I actually do pay for my console games, and PC games every now and then too!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I was talking more about the part where you said I don't play games before hating them because I didn't like Mass Effect, which is what I thought you were referring to when you said my taste in games was ridiculous.

If Mass Effect were a Wii game in some bizarro fantasy world where the Wii gets high budget TALKING SIMULATORS you'd probably be singing a different tune and spouting about INNOVASHUN LOL, THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTURE
Okay let's just back up a moment. So Wolfenstien is irrelevant because, unlike 16 years ago, today everyone hates shooters? Right that makes perfect logical sense (btw, someone better tell Bethesda about this as I hear they're making a sequel to some old game).

Furthermore I've got a massive boner for Microsoft presumably because a game I like was published on their console. Yep, nothing wrong there either.

And finally if Mass Effect was published on Wii I would be sarcastic about it... or something... for some reason. Well that's not important - you already nailed me with the first two.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM       
Quote:
Furthermore I've got a massive boner for Microsoft presumably because a game I like was published on their console. Yep, nothing wrong there either.
Well, now, I certainly wasn't implying that this was the reason, but your HOLY CRUSADE with Zomboid to disgrace Nintendo's name certainly doesn't give me any other impression.

I care about Wolfenstein really, really hard. I honestly enjoyed the original, as dated as it is, but I don't think anything about it has warranted any sort of follow up. The main selling point when it came out was that you were running around maiming Nazis, but after the market's been drowned in the river of shit that is WWII shooters I for one have had enough of that to last me a lifetime.

If Mass Effect were on the Wii you would never play it; just look at a few screenshots involving wii sensitive actions and pass it off as another gimmick, sort of like a lot of people do with nearly every god damn game on the console. I mean, ok, mabye I'm being a little harsh here, but do you at least see where I'm coming from?

For a topical example of the above we can refer to Zomboid and Mario Strikers.


Admittedly, though, I think people tend to do this because of the ridiculous amount of shovelware 3rd world developers shit onto the fucking thing. I know we asked for more third party titles, but I don't think this is quite what everyone had in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
but I don't think anything about it has warranted any sort of follow up.
What about the popular Return to Castle Wolfenstein or even more popular Enemy Territory? There are a lot of Wolfenstien fans, it's a good franchise and it has a good developer.

Quote:
the market's been drowned in the river of shit that is WWII shooters
You obviously didn't even watch the trailer if you believe this is just "another WW2 shooter", and that really says it all. You didn't even bother to watch the trailer before declaring it shit.

Quote:
sort of like a lot of people do with nearly every god damn game on the console.
When Nintendo and all the other Wii developers quit making stupid gimmicky games then perhaps I'll stop calling the games stupid and gimmicky.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM       
Yeah, I watched it, I'm just sick of killing Germans, ok?

Can't we think of someone new to kill? Just, like, draw a bunch of nations from a hat and make a video game about them being assholes.

We could even make up something, like we used to do
Reply With Quote
  #23  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:19 PM       
Yeah next time they make a game set during WW2 they should make it about killing Eskimos or something. This is why you should develop games, guitar women.

Besides, since Raven has been developing Wolfenstein it has been more to do with the occult and fighting monsters.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Guitar Woman Guitar Woman is offline
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Yeah next time they make a game set during WW2 they should make it about killing Eskimos or something.
And why the fuck not, I ask?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
MetalMilitia MetalMilitia is offline
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: UK
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 07:29 PM       
Because it's completely stupid, and wouldn't make any sense to ignore the interesting occult Nazi setting in favour of a snowy tundra inhabited by igloo-dwelling nobodies.

Oh. It just clicked why you love Nintendo so much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
japan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

   


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.


© 2008 I-Mockery.com
Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.