Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:32 AM        I hate this thread.
Why do I need insurance? Why can't I just carry around a suitcase full of money in case I get hurt, rather than give x-amount of dollars to an organization that will try its hardest to find a reason not to pay?

I know that the suitcase of money is illogical, but why not open an emergency account as most people do anyway? Why do I NEED auto insurance? Gah, this is dumb. Medical, people could give a fuck about.

TEACH me.

Last edited by Fathom Zero : Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:28 PM.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM       
you need liability insurance in case you hurt SOMEONE ELSE, and you need other kinds of insurance to reassure the bank you borrow money from to buy the car that your collateral (the car) will still have value if you fuck up
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM       
Ahhh, I'll just cut'em a check.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:47 AM       
And I guess it's not a "why should I do this", but rather "WHY DOES THIS STUPID SYSTEM EXIST".
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 12:52 AM       
I hate this thread already.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 03:33 AM       
i'm guessing a lot of people got hurt in accidents and the people who hit them could not afford to pay for it, or something

i halfway wish the gov't would provide the insurance if they're gonna force you to have it- but i'm sure that'd probably make things worse, actually
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Why do I need insurance? Why can't I just carry around a suitcase full of money in case I get hurt, rather than give x-amount of dollars to an organization that will try its hardest to find a reason not to pay?

I know that the suitcase of money is illogical, but why not open an emergency account as most people do anyway? Why do I NEED auto insurance? Gah, this is dumb. Medical, people could give a fuck about.

TEACH me.
In some states you can buy a certificate from the state. This is a one time payment and I believe it is "used up" after your first wreck (or whatever) that you have to pay the other party. Ill look a little more into it and see if I can find the name of it again.
OH GOD
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:39 AM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM       
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 10:32 AM       
Mostly if you hurt other people or cause damage to others property. Most people don't have a briefcase full of cash to pay for a broken wall that is available immediately. Most medical centers either won't treat you without insurance or if they accept to be paid directly won't tell you how much its going to be ahead of time. They feel safer being able to charge an insurance company. You'd be surprised how even the smallest thing can end up being really expensive.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM       
Oh, I know shit's horribly expensive. I just like keeping ties to a minimum. I like being independent and not answering to people, at least in that regard. Even if I had a bajillion dollars, I'd still need that stupid stuff, and that bothers me.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM       
I dont have insurance either. Theres a pretty slim chance something bad will happen anyway.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 11:12 AM       
I work for Travelers insurance (Property, Auto, Liability, Workers Comp, Disability) and you can't even imagine all the ridiculousness that happens out of nowhere. Especially Workers Comp.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 07:28 PM       
Medical insurance is useless if they find out you don't have enough money for a lawyer. I have never had my insurance pay for anything, they ALWAYS tell me to have my attorney contact them and if I don't have one they can't help me. Medical insurance should ABSOLUTELY be nationalized so these greedy fucks can all go to hell and be replaced by people who don't give a shit how much their company spends.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Sep 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
I dont have insurance either. Theres a pretty slim chance something bad will happen anyway.
I'm going to break your tiny Hamster legs.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
Medical insurance is useless if they find out you don't have enough money for a lawyer. I have never had my insurance pay for anything, they ALWAYS tell me to have my attorney contact them and if I don't have one they can't help me. Medical insurance should ABSOLUTELY be nationalized so these greedy fucks can all go to hell and be replaced by people who don't give a shit how much their company spends.
I dunno. I've got Tricare at the moment. It's about what the quality healthcare would be, if the whole system was nationalized. And man, getting an appointment four weeks off for something that may be infectious is utter bullshit.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2009, 06:09 PM       
You don't need insurance, pray to Jesus Christ! (dont do this if you lost a limb though)
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:12 AM       
This thread is a self-fulfilling prophecy
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I hate this thread already.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM       
At least you're not full of cum!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 02:56 PM       
Hay Seven Force.
Let's play Hardball!
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM       
Hay Fathom Zero
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM       
How's it going?
Let's play Hardball!
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM       
Pretty good, i'm living in chicago now Also, you're going to want to get COMPLETELY covered on your car insurance unless you don't want to get anything back from an accident that wasn't your fault.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM       
I miss Chicago. Town's aces, I tells ya.

Sound advice, most likely. Thankfully, I've been lucky enough not to need a car. Such is the life of a college student. If I need to go out of town, I've got enough for a bus ticket.