Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:35 PM        NOT A DREAM! NOT A HOAX! BUSH TAKES RESPONSABILITY!
WASHINGTON - AP
President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and said the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of
Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

The president was asked whether people should be worried about the government's ability to handle another terrorist attack given failures in responding to Katrina.

"Are we capable of dealing with a severe attack? That's a very important question and it's in the national interest that we find out what went on so we can better respond," Bush replied.

He said he wanted to know both what went wrong and what went right.

As for blunders in the federal response, "I'm not going to defend the process going in," Bush said. "I am going to defend the people saving lives."
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:40 PM       
But, Max.....Vince told me that Bush did all he could. He told me that this was the fault of New Orleans Democrats, as well as all of the stupid poor people who missed the KYAGB sign flying over the city!

This can't be. No, Max, this has something to do I think with uncharitable liberals. Rather than giving dump loads of cash to the United Way, they must've financed their media to MAKE Bush do this....!

Seriously-- Good for him. I hope he's earnest.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:41 PM       
Well, I'll be...

*insert cute little quip insinuating hell just froze over here*
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:53 PM       
While I must say I am amazed and feel that this is a growthful moment for the president who told the press during the last election that he couldn't think of anything he felt he'd done wrong, it's what comes next that counts.

If he takes responsability, what does that mean? Will he qualify the statement a few days later and tell the press 'what I meant was...'

Is taking responsability the same as being responsible? He is after all, the boss of bosses. Is he saying that if the system didn't work, it was his system and he's to blame?

Or is he just saying "Okay, I admit it, I'm in charge. Now lets not talk about it anymore."

But on a purely pop psychology level, this was a huge step for W even if it turns out he didn't much mean anything by it. It shows a whole new understanding of manliness.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
Jesus, he'll just come along and fuck something else up in a few days...
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
Well, I'll be...

*insert cute little quip insinuating hell just froze over here*
Max just paid retail.
TERRIBLE BEAT
soundtest is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 10:53 PM       
Since everybody else who has been determined resoponsible for this seems to be stepping down from their positions, wouldn't it only make sense that the one accepting full responsibility should as well?
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 10:13 AM       
See, now, I wasn't going to say that. I think it, sure.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 12:41 PM        Re: NOT A DREAM! NOT A HOAX! BUSH TAKES RESPONSABILITY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
The president was asked whether people should be worried about the government's ability to handle another terrorist attack given failures in responding to Katrina.
damn terrorists sending their floods to kill us

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2005, 02:23 PM       
Thank God he apologized and took responsibility... In little kid thought doesn't that alleviate him of all responsibility? Because he was honest or something? You know the kind of after-school special shit I'm talking about.
God damned little kid rules.
Old Sep 16th, 2005, 10:00 AM       
"damn terrorists sending their floods to kill us"
-Dude father.

So you're saying if New Orleans had been flooded because terrorist blew up the levees with no warning instead of a hurricane flooding the city, homeland security and FEMA would have done a great job? 'Cause if that's the case, maybe we should have a national policy of telling the feds it was terrorists whern we have natural disasters?

Or maybe I'm reading you wrong and what you mean is when HLS took over FEMA they thought FEMA was giving up all it's prior natural disaster relief stuff and only did terrorism now.

Or maybe you're blowhole just has really low muscle tone and stuff just shoots out of it.