Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM        "Truce or dare", from Osama Bin Ladin.
Link.

Bin Laden Warns of Attacks, Offers Truce

By LEE KEATH, Associated Press Writer 42 minutes ago

Al-Jazeera on Thursday aired an audiotape purportedly from Osama bin Laden, who says al-Qaida is making preparations for attacks in the United States but offering a truce "with fair conditions."

The tape's release came days after a U.S. airstrike in Pakistan that was targeting bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri, and reportedly killed four leading al-Qaida figures, including possibly al-Zawahri's son-in-law. There was no mention of the attack on the segments that were broadcast.

It was the first purported tape from the al-Qaida leader in more than a year — the longest period without a message since the Sept. 11 2001 suicide hijackings in the United States.

Al-Jazeera said the tape was recorded in the Islamic month that corresponds with December.

The speaker refers to an alleged comment by President Bush about bombing the Qatar headquarters of Al-Jazeera, which was first reported in the British press on Nov. 22.

He also refers indirectly to the July 7 bombings in London that killed 56 people and to poll numbers that showed a fall in Bush's popularity, as occurred in late 2005.

The voice on the tape said he was directing his message to the American people after polls showed that "an overwhelming majority of you want the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq but (Bush) opposed that desire."

He said insurgents were winning the conflict in Iraq and warned that security measures in the West and the United States could not prevent attacks there.

"The proof of that is the explosions you have seen in the capitals of European nations," he said "The delay in similar operations happening in America has not been because of failure to break through your security measures. The operations are under preparation and you will see them in your homes the minute they are through (with preparations), with God's permission."

The speaker did not give conditions for a truce in the excerpts aired by Al-Jazeera.

"We do not mind offering you a long-term truce with fair conditions that we adhere to," he said. "We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war.

"There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America," he said.

There was no immediate confirmation of the tape's authenticity, although the voice resembled that of bin Laden's in previous messages.

The last audiotape purported to be from bin Laden was broadcast in December 2004 by Al-Jazeera. In that recording, he endorsed Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi as his deputy in Iraq and called for a boycott of Iraqi elections.

He issued numerous tapes in 2003 and 2004, calling for Muslims to attack U.S. interests and threatening attacks against the United States.

In an April 15, 2004, audiotape, he vowed revenge against the United States for Israel's assassination of Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin — and at the same time offered a truce to European countries.

Bin Laden appeared in a video released October 2004, just ahead of U.S. presidential elections, saying the United States can avoid another Sept. 11 attack if it stops threatening the security of Muslims.

Since December 2004, bin Laden's deputy in al-Qaida, al-Zawahri, has issued a number of video and audiotapes, including one claiming responsibility for the London attacks, which he said came after Europe rejected the terms of a truce al-Qaida had previously offered them.

Al-Jazeera's editor-in-chief Ahmed al-Sheik would not comment on when or where the tape was received. He said the full tape was 10 minutes long. The station aired four excerpts with what it "considered newsworthy," he said, but would not say what was on the remainder.

I haven't even read the story yet. Wonder if it's true? Seems kind of odd.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM       
Osama reads American polls. That's adorable.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:25 PM       
Yea, what a cute fellow. I still want a picture of him in his pink boots ;(. I need to find his biography.

There was a few things he said that stood out:

Bin Laden appeared in a video released October 2004, just ahead of U.S. presidential elections, saying the United States can avoid another Sept. 11 attack if it stops threatening the security of Muslims.

"There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America," he said.

There was something else but I'm pretty stoned. The only other thing i wanted to point out was that they mention the tape might not be authentic. This could be like the test of all of geggy's theories.

Seems pretty crazy that he's going by what the American's want, seems more democratic than some people paint them to be.
All in all it seems pretty unstandard and almost shattering to some people's belief of their culture.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM       
Or it could be a public relations ploy. Maybe this tape wasn't meant for us.

When our leaders decide that they'd rather not trust Osama bin Laden, he can go to the rest of the Muslim world and claim that we are waging war on them and will stop nothing short of their extinction. The fact that we won't accept his truce can be shown as proof.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM       
Thanks el blanco.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:11 PM       
Give bin laden back afghanstan and he promises there won't be another 9/11. Isn't that how 9/11 got planned in the first place with bin laden chilling in afghanstan.

Bin laden has been busy with operations in iraq? seems like hes been busy hiding and now taking credit for zarqawis work.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:33 PM       
I thought he said he wanted to work on rebuilding? Not that he wanted it back ;/ Personally i thought that implied that he wanted to work together with us.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM       
Maybe he wants to set up a timeshare.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM       
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM       
He's an Arsenal fan. Apparently.
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:24 PM       
It shows that they're losing, and the war on terrorism is obviously working, despite what the media says.
Bin the bin Laden tape and keep up the pressure, I say.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:32 PM       
Guess that air strike in Pakistan got them shook.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:37 PM       
Possibly, I still don't know what to make of this video. Either way, a truce would be nice and beautiful simotaneously.

P.S. if we made a n official truce with them and they broke it that would be a pretty good reason to kick even harder ass. I'm sure even the UN would back that.
Mocker

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 05:57 PM       
Wow, I guess Benny really spoke to you.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:21 PM       
I can think of a few truce conditions.

OSB gets to go to every home of a person who died in the 9/11 attacks, apologize to them and to God for ordering the murder of innocents, and then swear on Al-Jezeera television that God has shown him how wrong it is to kill innocents (he can even quote the Koran here) and then he can begin the process of disarming Al Queda.

And then MAYBE we'll think about not executing him for his crimes - but I doubt it.
Mocker

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:36 PM       
Seriously, what's "beautiful" about a "truce" for criminals ? Truce from what exactly?

I would almost assure you he used the word "Hudna" which is the word Hamas used when offering their non-existant truces. There really is no concept of a truce in the Muslim world. A Hudna is a tactical and temporary gesture, which has historically been used to regroup. Mohamed offered a 10 year Hudna, and 2 years later, took Mecca.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:48 PM       
YOU think of them as criminals. I don't-- that's just american bias. If they are willing to submit to a truce in which the safety of americans could be secured, I could care less if he blew up some trade towers. We blow people up all the time. It's all part of war. I'm sure they call us criminals and worse.

If he offers a truce, we accept, and then attacks then there'd be no reason for all the other countries to back him. However, if we don't accept and he attacks it means absolutely nothing other than we were still at war. An actual breaking of diplomacy would, politically, cause alot more than just an attack alone. Then they will be considered unreasonable and unappeasable. I think, even if you want to destroy them, in the end a truce would work out better in more angles than one.
According to him they are capable of blowing shit up now, regardless of if we make the truce or not. Might as well go for his political assassination and diplomatic negation-- thus giving us excuses for whatever we do.

Anyway, i don't care either way. I just think it'd be more interesting the other way around.
Mocker

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM       
Weren't you bragging about how smart you are yesterday?

Define "Criminal" you dipshit.

It's your fucking bias that you're trying to legitamize and explain away the motives of genocidal terrorists.

Now go back and use reading comprehension. I'm suggesting that he offered a Hudna... NOT A TRUCE.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM       
I saw what you suggested, how does that change any of what i said? Doesn't that just support it in a way since I'm suggesting the "Hudna" should be accepted on the grounds that it will weaken their diplomatic standing, if they had any in the first place?? I think you're the one who needs to learn reading comprehension.
Again, just in case you don't understand what i was saying, "IF THE TRUCE IS FAKE THATS GOOD BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE SHIT". I'm not denying it might be fake, in fact, I'm embracing it in the hope of interest.

"Define "Criminal" you dipshit. "

Um, well according to the dictionary it's someone who's being punished or targetted by the penal system. As far as I know he hasn't been charged with any crimes.
Secondly, considering we are at war it can't really be considered a crime. And if it could, then should we be held responsible for the civilian deaths in last weeks airstrike? Are we criminals?

I don't know, I'm not going to play that stupid game. It seems ridiculous to sit here and argue over if he's a criminal; you only think he's a criminal because he attacked our country, but I doubt you think that of our entire Government or the american public when they attack and kill civilians. You hypocritical fuck.
What he did may have been wrong but it's not like there's not some kind of tit for tat relationship between america and him.
BANNED

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM       
Well so much for all that, I heard we just said, "We do not negotiate with terrorists" which is hilarious because I told my girlfriend that'd be the exact response we'd give.
Mocker

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 08:02 PM       
Hamas breached their hudna with Israel.... did it weaken their diplomatic standing?

Stop talking out of your ass.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 08:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I doubt you think that of our entire Government or the american public when they attack and kill civilians.
I totally dont think of the american public as criminals when they attack and kill civilians.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 02:22 AM       
I think he's really a heartless sand-jew if he thinks it's okay to kill civilians during wartime, but i wonder how much of 9/11 he realy had a hand in planning. It's a little suspicious that we can't find him, yet we can always hear what he has to say. If we can find Hussein hiding in a hole on a farm, i fail to fucking see why we have not crucified OBL yet, unless our government was in cahoots with him or are saving him until things get really bad on capitol hill.
Mocker

Old Jan 20th, 2006, 03:24 AM       
What's a "Sand-Jew" ?

heheh Slurs are Kewl.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2006, 07:49 AM       
It's funny, I predicted we would hear from Osama soon enough. Well either this or the escalation of terror alerts. I predicted this because Bush's approval rating recently fell under 40 percent yet again. The public support for war is also declining rapidly. Everytime this happens, Bush would take out the fear card and use it on his people for political advantage. He feels the need to remind us the preperator of 9/11 is still on the loose. When people become afraid, they tend to cling on higher authority and expect them to perform their duty by protecting them. Remember how Bush's approval rating went through the roof right after 9/11? This audio tape, like many others, is most likely cooked by the authority. Now that people know (or believed) that he is still out there and still poses a threat to the US, the "war on terror" continues while the real reason for the US being in MidEast is building oil pipelines or rebuilding Iraq, whichever it is. Osama offering truce and diplomacy? Bwahahahahaha. Americans are going to agree with the authority that you just can't "negotiate with terrorists." They're not ever going to forget what he did to us on 9/11 and they aren't ever going to relent until he is caught or killed. People are now shouting "Go get 'em, cowboy!" At the same time it's terrifying for us because Bush isn't going to give him what he wants and we're still there fighting. It will lead us into thinking Osama will most definitely plan another attack on US soil. Fucking ingenious...

I'm also inclined to think the error in the Pakistan bombing is the other probable reason. The CIA has put themselves in the hot seat for intelligence failure. Need something that will distract us, including the paki's, away from the error? No problem...cook up an audio tape of Osama! It is strange that he made no mentioning of the boming.

But I assume people aren't all that worried about the possibility of another terror strike on US soil...I mean NSA is spying on people with ties to al-Qaeda in order to divert any future attacks...right? I think we all know Bush and Cheney are hoping for another major attack.