Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:03 PM        Seriously, screw "Sex and the City".
Sometimes, I worry that I'm the only female on earth who isn't wetting herself over this stupid show/movie.

Even when I successfully avoid the TV show, they're still all over the news. I can't stand the sight of any of them. I don't know why they're so popular.

I passed a Steve and Barry's store in the mall and there were big signs up for Sex and the City crap there, too. Apparently whatserface designed shirts that say "I LOVE SEX" because, and I quote from her sign, "Fashion is not a luxury." Uh, yes, it kind of is. Try that logic with the flies-and-cream-of-wheat set over in Ethiopia.

I hate "cosmos", I hate shoes, and I hate catty girly shit in general. Therefore, this movie is foul.
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM       
So it's a show about three hookers and their mom?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman914 View Post
So it's a show about three hookers and their mom?
kinda except they don't charge for sex

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM       
Well said; as a perennial loser it's reassuring to know not all women are materialistic whores who are slaves to every trend and fad.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:28 PM       
We're actually going to it so we can raise hell. You know, talk loud, hurl food, make sex noises..... the old women love to watch shows about 50 year old bags that have sex all the time, yet they immediately lave in disgust when confronted with sex. Bitches.
Itsa me!
Qwarx is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
We're actually going to it so we can raise hell. You know, talk loud, hurl food, make sex noises..... the old women love to watch shows about 50 year old bags that have sex all the time, yet they immediately lave in disgust when confronted with sex. Bitches.
That made me lol.

I don't see why they had to make a movie, the show has no basic plot as is.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:09 PM       
Wasn't the show canceled years ago?
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:11 PM       
Yeah, but the "cougars" it inspired were able to squeeze a feature length film out of it.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:03 AM       
I saw this movie over the weekend and LOVED IT!!!

I could understand why everyone wouldn't be into it, though.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM       
I've never seen the show, but I'm somewhat glad its around because it increased the social acceptability of owning sex toys.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM       
It's always been acceptable, if we get to watch.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 09:33 PM       
I like how they have the main whores face all over magazines in which she tells people about sex. HUMAN sex! How can a fucking BAT/LAMA GIVE HUMANS ADVICE ON SEX?

FIRST YOU LET THE FOUR LEGGED FLYING CREATURE MOUNT YOU IN AN INVERTED AERIAL SUMMERSAULT
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
Yeah, but the "cougars" it inspired were able to squeeze a feature length film out of it.
That's an interesting point. Does it inspire, or validate?

Did anyone see the SNL skit they had for this about a month ago? It was so dead-on, it was hilarious. "More puns, more puns!" "I've got a sexy secret...I'm a dude!"
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 10:57 PM       
I totally think it inspires. Women eat shit like SATC up because it gives them role models for how to dress, how to party, how to date, even how to fuck. Why do you think Oprah went from Baltimore news anchor to religious cult leader? Women, with exception, are a hive-mind when it comes to what to wear, where to go, who to date, what to read, so forth and so on. Ever since the gays started gaining influence, more and more "men" share this flock-ishness. I'm not going to say there weren't some trailblazing cougars who didn't set the stage for SATC; but that shit wasn't going down in Des Moines until these 21st Century Golden Girls showed all women how to continue being a whore past their prime.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM       
I don't know men like to flock to political parties and religions and ethnic history and whatever hats are popular DURING THAT TIME FRAME. It's pretty much been that way forever, too. I don't really think queer eye for the straight guy influenced fashion and cultural cohesion for the past several thousand years, either.
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 11:37 PM       
Yes, but then again we weren't talking about politics, religions, or any of that. I was saying that women and metrosexuals tend to pay close attention to Hollywood, to influential women (i.e. Oprah mentions a book, it's a best seller), and to tv shows like SATC. I was answering Kitsa's question: I said that the show inspires more than it validates. I don't mean to sound chauvanistic, but seriously, if you're a straight dude who doesn't pluck his eyebrows into cute little arches then you get what I'm saying.

Last edited by pac-man : Jun 12th, 2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: typo
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 07:48 AM       
Say, do women's magazines really read like SJP's stupid internal monologue when she's supposedly writing?

"SO I ASKED MYSELF FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME, DOES PRINCE CHARMING REALLY EXIST??!?!?!?"
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM       
I wouldn't know, I hate them like poison.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
My wife is a fan of the show. While I myself couldn’t watch it without an overwhelming desire to shove a power drill into my skull, I love that it keeps her occupied while I surf the web or play video games. Thank you Mrs. Horseface.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM       
Out of curiosity, does it actually have a plot? The preview I saw seemed to consist of them drinking, winking, and talking.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
As far as I can tell, this is the plot:

Horseface writes some article about sex for some newspaper and/or magazine. She's got an unlikely amount of fame from this, and her photo appears on buses from time to time. She has three annoying friends who seem to have all of the time in the world to spend together. She also dates a lot, and she went out with the guy from Office Space for a while, but she always goes back to the guy with the big wang.

One of her annoying friends is a lawyer and gets away with treating people like shit because she's being "assertive". She had a baby with some guy and complained about it a lot, and now she's with that guy again.

The second annoying friend is a slightly wonky-eyed brunette who reacts with dippy wonder to anything the others say or do. She has a lot of money from some ex husband and now she's with some bald lawyer because the sex is hot.

The last annoying friend is at least fifteen years older than the other ones. She speaks in ceaseless double, triple and quadruple entendre and that makes her the most annoying one of all. She is insatiably horny,which can be gross.

Other than that, the only "plot" seems to be following the sexual escapades each annoying woman is enjoying at the moment, wrapping up with a diary entry/article a la Doogie Howser.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jun 13th, 2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: EDIT: I'm just taking about the show. I don't know what the hell the movie's about but I imagine it's more of the same.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The last annoying friend is at least fifteen years older than the other ones. She speaks in ceaseless double, triple and quadruple entendre and that makes her the most annoying one of all. She is insatiably horny,which can be gross.
This character is both the best and worst thing about this show. She is the best thing about this show because she was in the greatest movie ever, Big Trouble in Little China, and the worst part because she is SO annoying in this show and you see just how far she has fallen since the Little China days.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM       
hey, guys, i bet if you really thought about it, you'd find that sex and the city never really hurt you in any substantial way

and, all things considered, you're being a bunch of whiny little bitches just because other people are enjoying something you don't
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:24 AM       
also pac-man i hear that women even get to vote! who the fuck decided that was a good idea amiright?
Oozes machismo
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 09:36 AM       
Next thing you know they'll be driving.