Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM        War movies
I've put together a nice Vietam dvd

Apocalypse Now
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket

I want to star a WWI-II dvd

Currently I have only have "The Dirty Dozen" maybe "Saving Private Ryan"

any suggestions?
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:52 PM       
CAPTAIN AMERICA
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:59 PM       
If you ever feel like killing yourself, watch The Human Condition. A 3 part, 10+ hour trilogy detailing a Japanese soldier's degradation during WWII. One of the most depressing things I've ever seen.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM       
Some hate it, but I really like The Thin Red Line.

Other noteworthy WWII movies include Stalingrad, Das Boot, Downfall, Winter War and of course Schidler's List
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM       
MOVIE GUY ATTACK

Kelly's Heroes, Sink The Bismarck, Battle Of Britain, Where Eagles Dare, The Guns of Navarone, Tora Tora Tora, The Flying Tigers, They Were Expendable, The Iron Cross, Action In The North Atlantic, Hangmen Also Die, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, Sands of Iwo Jima, Sahara, This Land Is Mine, Run Silent Run Deep, The Fighting Seabees, PATTON, The Desert Fox, Bridge On The River Kwai, The Longest Day, The Desert Rats, The Hell With Heroes, and there was this one incredible sixties movie about a captured member of the French Resistance being tortured, the cover was blue (I think) with a silhouette of a guy tied to a chair

I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll remember a billion more, but fuck it
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:51 PM       
The Great Escape
Stalag 17
Mister Roberts

Gus covered a ton of the good ones

When MailCall gets home I will have him drop in a few suggestions he has seen pretty much every war movie ever made
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
CAPTAIN AMERICA
Also from that vein:
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Casablanca
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM       
lol yeah and you could watch that craptastic rocketeer movie too

also at me forgetting the great escape
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:01 PM       
Casualties of War is also pretty damn depressing.
MailCall is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post

When MailCall gets home I will have him drop in a few suggestions he has seen pretty much every war movie ever made
My suggestions:

Letters From Iwo Jima
The Longest Day
Battle Of The Bulge
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Midway
Anzio
Battle Of Britain(Lucas borrowed from it for his Star Wars aerial ideas)
Twelve O'Clock High
A Bridge Too Far
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 11:25 PM       
If you want a riveting and compelling story line that goes against the so-called "Hollywood Grain" and really tugs at your heart strings, you should check out Small Soldiers.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 04:23 AM       
Starring Jay Mohr and David Cross.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM       
patton is probably the best HENCE GRISLYGUSES CAPS. there's always inglorius bastards. oh and that one movie flame and citron or some shit i dunno
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM       
I'm hoping Zhukov shows up and tells us about movies made from the Russians point of view. Good ones though, not some shit where they sit on a snow bank for 3 hours talking about their little farm and some depressing bullshit. I want to see them storm Hitler's bunker.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 08:08 PM       
what about band of brothers and enemy at the gates

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
what about band of brothers and enemy at the gates
god-dammit you read my mind.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM       
There's an old hammy propaganda film with Gregory Peck as a Russian, ended with him defiantly shooting a machine gun at a tank as it proceeded to wreck his ass offscreen. Can't remember the name of it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 12:36 AM       

Paths of Glory. Jesus Christ, it's good.

not your movie, gus, I was just adding on
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
patton is probably the best HENCE GRISLYGUSES CAPS. there's always inglorius bastards. oh and that one movie flame and citron or some shit i dunno
oh god inglorious basterds is such a shitty movie
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:42 PM       
You should include that movie where Hitler gets mad over all sorts of things like the PSNetwork going down or the Buckeyes losing a game or Kanye West interrupting Taylor Swift
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 05:14 AM       

Downfall
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 06:41 AM       
It's a great movie, but I can't watch that scene with a straight face anymore. Goddamn internet.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 01:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
MOVIE GUY ATTACK

Kelly's Heroes, Sink The Bismarck, Battle Of Britain, Where Eagles Dare, The Guns of Navarone, Tora Tora Tora, The Flying Tigers, They Were Expendable, The Iron Cross, Action In The North Atlantic, Hangmen Also Die, The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, Sands of Iwo Jima, Sahara, This Land Is Mine, Run Silent Run Deep, The Fighting Seabees, PATTON, The Desert Fox, Bridge On The River Kwai, The Longest Day, The Desert Rats, The Hell With Heroes, and there was this one incredible sixties movie about a captured member of the French Resistance being tortured, the cover was blue (I think) with a silhouette of a guy tied to a chair

I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll remember a billion more, but fuck it
Kelly's Heroes came on tv today and I dvr'd it. YAY!
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 02:11 AM       
I ALSO WATCHED KELLY'S HEROES TODAY!
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 04:17 AM       

In my junior and senior years of highschool several dozen shitty war movies with shitty gimmicks starring summer movie action stars came out all at once. I think I remember seeing this and Windtalkers back to back. And I'm pretty sure Enemy at the Gates was in there somewhere that school year.
The only movie I remember anything about from that spring/summer was the shitty Time Machine movie, and that was so forgettable I thought I had imagined it for a while.

Oh fuck I saw K-19 that season too. Jesus Christ what a shitty year in movies to graduate in.