Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 07:36 AM        Reggie Bush forfeits Heisman
http://portal.wowway.net/news/read.p...org%3E&ps=1013

Of course this article starts off with a dumbass bang with this gem from 1972 Heisman winner Johnny Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Rodgers
O.J. Simpson got accused of a murder and they didn't take his back. That was a far greater allegation, and they didn't find O.J. guilty on that.
Really? That's your defense of Bush? Not that I am intimately familiar with all the rules in the NCAA rulebook, but I am pretty sure that that award was given in the pre OJ decapitating humans era. Now if you had said, "OJ killed 4 other Heisman candidates the year he won and they didn't take his award away", and it were true then you would have a case, but that is not the case and I am forced to conclude Johnny Rodgers is a moron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Crouch
I think it's a sad day, that's the way I feel about it. Having to actually be the first time in the history of the award that someone has given it back. ... I don't know if he actually had to. Maybe this is on his terms.
I am impressed Wal-mart gave Eric Crouch the time to give this quote

Of course, not all the comments were moronic, Billy Sims, the 78 winner, made a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Sims
They may try to offer it to the guy who came in second, but who knows? Me, personally, it doesn't matter
And that's just it, what is the point in retroactively changing the results of a sports contest. Asterisks exist for a reason, asterisk the award in your records and move on. What are you going to do? Give it to Vince Young? Spend millions on a new ceremony? For what? I am positive Vince Young wants nothing to do with an award he would win by default. So why put him through that?

And USC AD Pat Haden is in full damage control mode, trying to shine a noble light on Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Haden
It was a very noble thing for Reggie to do. In my opinion, he made the right decision.
The more noble thing to do would have to been follow the rules while you are in college, but we don't have time for doing things right do we Mr. Haden?
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 10:20 PM       
Atheletes have been cheating ever since professional sports have existed. It's a crappy situation and we should not reward cheaters, but taking away his Heisman is an unnecessary gesture. I think he should just be publicly shamed and his records asterisked.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 01:53 AM       
First, this has nothing to do with me being a Saints fan. We can pretend we're talking about Joe The Footballer instead of bush. So:

Didn't he just accept money?

To me that has nothing to do with him physically being better as a football player. Colleges suck the life out of these kids and make MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars, but a kid can't accept some money? It's not like he took HGH, put cement in his pads, or poisoned the other team. Come the fck on. He should simply be fined or sued.

He's still the Heisman winner for that year and now he'll be even more popular as the years go on do to his "infamy." Why not just pay back the $300,000 and say sorry? I really hope they do give it to Vince Young because it would be a huge slap in the face to not only Vince, but their stupid Heisman jerk off following.

The college football system is a complete joke.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 02:38 AM       
Agreed.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post
To me that has nothing to do with him physically being better as a football player. Colleges suck the life out of these kids and make MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS of dollars, but a kid can't accept some money? It's not like he took HGH, put cement in his pads, or poisoned the other team. Come the fck on. He should simply be fined or sued.

He's still the Heisman winner for that year and now he'll be even more popular as the years go on do to his "infamy." Why not just pay back the $300,000 and say sorry?
That's why I think this whole thing is stupid and so is everyone involved.

-Bush for taking money. You couldn't wait a couple more years?
-The NCAA for their masturbatory "retcon the Heisman" threats. Use an asterisk like everyone else you arrogant fucks
-Vince Young: For saying he would accept the award. So... you have zero pride then?
Dr Tongue's 3D House
The Doctor is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 12:14 PM       
And now he is at for at least 6 weeks I hear, man when like kicks you in the balls it also does a little foot grind to top it off.