Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 12:35 AM       
hell, it almost sounds like a bad powersupply now

-willie

JenMacca is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 01:52 AM       
crap....if it's a bad power supply, what do I do in that case?

and no, I haven't yet gotten a chance to pull out and reseat the video card....I'm still trying desperately to talk my dad into helping me out here with that but he's still being an ass about it so I may have to figure out how to do it myself......seriously, I'm so dumb, once I get in there I doubt I'll know what the hell part the video card is.... I mean I can probably guess, as I know what the modem looks like so I know it won't be that.....same goes with the fan....and I know it'll have to be one of the things that's toward the back, since dad said something about plugging things directly into it...unless that was the sound card.....well I'm sure if I screw around enough with it I can figure out which one it is.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 08:41 AM       
make sure your processor fan is spinning too
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 16th, 2003, 10:58 AM       
The video card is the thing you plug you monitor into.

BTW, you better be a HOT CHICK, because we don't like uglies.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Dec 18th, 2003, 11:34 PM       
Ok, my friends just got through installing more RAM into his computer, and when he booted it up, he had the same problem you were having. So we opened the case, and it seemed a few wires had been unplugged in the process of installing the RAM. I can't remember actually what was set loose, so just open your case and make sure everything is plugged in nice and tight. :/
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2003, 09:15 AM       
as i said in liquid's thread:

if you can, try a different monitor. if the problem persists, it's probably not your monitor.

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 04:20 PM       
Okay....got a new monitor, cos the old one LITERALLY fried last week.....and I thought everything was fine till this morning when...IT STARTED DOING IT AGAIN!!!! So, I finally took it apart....everything was in place....BUT. EVERYTHING was covered in dust in there. So I cleaned it up as best I could, then turned it on to see if it'd work....and WHADDAYA KNOW?? Works fine now, seemingly. *hopes I'm not jinxing things now* The fan is aparently what's making all sorts of noise in there, but it's been doing that for a long time, and I know my dad has spares of those. I'll worry about that bridge when I come to it. But anyway it seems alright for now....

Quote:
BTW, you better be a HOT CHICK, because we don't like uglies.
I wouldn't consider myself to be hot...sorry......cute perhaps, but not hot :/ I posted a picture of me in the picture thread but about the only responses I got on it were one saying I looked like I belonged in a scary 80's music video (wtf?!), and one saying something along the lines of "don't you love it when people NOBODY cares about shows you what they look like?" The picture's not a very good one, I know...I need to get a better one posted. Prolly will get the same responses, but I don't particularly care. (I've cut my hair since that picture too, btw......it's in somewhat of a Beatle style now, but a bit thicker cos I have thick hair. *shrugs*
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 09:35 AM       
Jen, two questions: What did you use to clean the inside of the PC? And how old is your PC?

Sometimes it's better to bite the bullet and get a newer PC if it's really hosed, but it sounds like cleaning made a big difference. You can get cans of compressed air at Office Depot, Best Buy, or just about any place that sells computers, for $4-5. It's a good idea to do that maybe every 1-3 months.

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:35 PM       
Quote:
Jen, two questions: What did you use to clean the inside of the PC?
A piece of really soft cotton cloth. I made sure as best I could there was no static or anything on it as I know that will ruin a computer instantly.

Quote:
And how old is your PC?
Hard to say, as my dad's replaced and switched parts as needed, or when he got something better for me, so it's not all the same age.....but if any of it is the original pieces that were in it when he first gave it to me when I was in 6th grade, then....they'd have to be at least 7 years old (cos I got it for my 12th birthday, and my bday is at the beginning of January). I think probably everything in there has been changed at some point or another though.

Blue is probably a spambot
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 12:05 AM       
I just built a celeron 2.4ghz tower with all ok shit for about $400 au. It aint that expensive to build an ok computer and surely your old man can put it together..

Old Dec 24th, 2003, 04:08 AM       
Well, considering that the monitor dad bought for me a few days ago cos $400 itself (yes, American money), I'm not exactly sure on how much more he'd be willing to spend just yet on my computer, considering it's "usable" right not......if I can I'll wait a couple months before getting on his case about it again.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Dec 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM       
How big is it? For 400 dollars...
PonchtheJedi is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 03:04 PM        Maybe a repeat...
This might have already been said ,but I didn't read through the whole thread....

But I used to have a problem where I'd have to boot up three or four times to get my computer to recognize video. I had an AMD chip and from what I have gathered from heresay and rumor, the older ones used to have a problem with AGP. Sometimes it'd boot up fine, but lots of times it wouldn't. And it would always beep when it didn't detect the video.

I don't know if that helps or if I just repeated somebody else, but I posted anyway.