Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 07:52 AM       
Nah, that´s just in the pirated versions
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM       
Oh, if that's true, that's the best. Ahahahahahahahah.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:07 PM       
really?

i highly doubt that considering the lack of continuity in the game so far
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 08:45 PM       
i dont like you anymore oxblood.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM       
lol kinda like what they did in arkham asylum

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:44 PM       
Nope, looks like that's how it's supposed to work. It's not a clever anti-piracy measure; it's just shitty design.

The reviews I've read make it sound a lot like what I saw at E3: a game that was made by people who liked Hitman, rather than people who understood Hitman.

Here's an excerpt from PC Gamer's review:

"Playing music causes the police to dance and smoke weed. This is a puzzle solution."

BANNED

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:19 AM       
they made a post on the hitmanforums asking for ways to improve the game

i feel bad for making fun of it so much now
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 02:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
Nope, looks like that's how it's supposed to work. It's not a clever anti-piracy measure; it's just shitty design.

The reviews I've read make it sound a lot like what I saw at E3: a game that was made by people who liked Hitman, rather than people who understood Hitman.

Here's an excerpt from PC Gamer's review:

"Playing music causes the police to dance and smoke weed. This is a puzzle solution."
FO TWENTY WIT DA PO-PO!
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 01:58 AM       
I've ben drawing on Miiverse more than I've been playing WiiU games. And I've been playing a lot of WiiU games. ZombiU is kinda like Dark Souls/Demon's Souls, which is neat, though the combat's way too shallow and ammo is practically nonexistant. Tekken Tag 2 basically the superior version of that game, with the extra modes and DLC characters from the get go. Mighty Switch Force looks waaaaaaay nicer on the WiiU than on the 3DS, though I do miss the 3D effects. And again, NintendoLand is way more fun than it has any right to be (hard too).

But the most important thing is that the Raving Rabbids message board has been taken over and is now unofficially a Willem Dafoe community:

There are pages and pages of it

drifting in the void
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i dont like you anymore oxblood.
What, cause I lied to you? It was just wishful thinking dude

I don´t understand why Hitman gets so much shit, it´s a very very good game. Yeah, it´s easier than blood money, sure but at least they´ll sell some games this way
pickled
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM       
Hitman fans are just very defensive of their niche game. This probably seems like they're throwing it all out the window by trying to capture a wider audience. All I know is if the franchise can survive the abortion that was Hitman: Contracts, it'll be able to handle this in stride as well.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 11:47 PM       
What they had said in the PC Gamer article, and what I agree with, is that the nex installment felt like a more limited experience. Fewer ways to solve assassinations, fewer ways to use weapons and tools, and fewer ways to use disguises effectively. The bottom line being that it's a decent stealth game, but a crummy Hitman game.

At this point, though, I don't really expect good things from old series revived for modern gamers. You've got outliers like Xcom and Deus Ex: HR, but for the most part, it's just crap with a familiar label.

pickled
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 12:56 AM       
Oh, did you also know that Square Enix have another dev team working on a Hitman game as well. Someone who isn't the team behind Kane and Lynch?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/767...reals-own-spin
Funky Dynamite
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:00 AM       
I did not.

Well, good luck to them, I guess.

First and foremost, new team, don't put your shitty story at the forefront. At most, these games need a little background on who you're killing and where you are, and maybe a little extra to bookend the whole experience.

pickled
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM       
It's Square Enix Montreal, the guys who made Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I hold high hopes for it. They seem like a pretty squared away bunch. I wonder if they've been working in Thief 4 or the new Hitman game since Deus Ex.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:40 AM       
Probably Thi-four-f

This snapshot was released a long time ago, which makes me feel like it's something like a good version of Dishonored - a Thief game.
pickled
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:41 AM       
Theeforfh
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM       
thifrth
drifting in the void
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:04 AM       
Ah well, I´ve come to terms with the fact that they don´t make games like they used to but that´s okay, I can always go back and play the gems from back in the day like Torment, FF6 or something like that

Speaking of modern formulaic games, 6 hours into Far Cry 3. Way more fun than 2. Still very gamey with the bullshit pack-crafting...the only way I can explain it is if I assume that Jason is some kind of Diva, refusing to store his money in anything less than tiger-fur-wallets Grenade Pouch? GOTTA be made from Dingo pelt, what will the other kids think of me if I show up with a cowleather pouch?!
pickled
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 04:57 AM       
How'd you get that Far Cry 3? It doesn't come out here until December Thi4f.

edit: Oh right, it came out today in the EU. Is it good? I have it preordered.
drifting in the void
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM       
My regular shop tends to have games a few days earlier...which is why I give them my money

I really like it so far. The story is very well presendet and immersive, Jason is NOT a silent protagonist, Vaas is tremendously cool as a villain because he´s so volatile, the weapons feel good and make sense...

If I had to say something negative it would be that the performance on the consoles is not as good as it should be. Apparently the 360 is tearing like mad at times and both versions have a sub-par framerate as far as I can tell.
Apart from that, it has the same samey structure all big Ubisoft Titles have, it tends to become repetitive, the game is, as AC3 was, a huge collectathon. Thankfully, the game tells you when you get a reward for something, you know exactly how many letters you have to find to get a weapon unlock, etc.

That said, gameplay is a lot of fun, the whole feeling of unfairness from 2 is gone as Enemies are not all-seeing and all-smelling. The game makes it very clear that it wants you to sneak but if you want to shot everything up, it lets you do that too, no problem, you just get more XP for silent close quarter-kills, kinda like Deus Ex HR did it.

The skill-system is a mixed bag at first, as is the crafting system. You start out with very limited carrying capabilities and you have to upgrade step by step. Though I´m 6 hrs in and I´ve maxed almost everything. The last tier of something is always unlocked by a hunting-quest that has you kill a special animal with a specific weapon.

Killing shit gives you XP which gives you Skillpoints. How many Skill-Tiers you have is dictated by the main story, so my advice is to do some main missions right away. They start off easy and tutorial-esque and after a while, you get the second tier with a lot of cool skills like special takedowns. Knife someone, then take his knife and throw it at another dude. Or arm his grenade and kick him into his buddies, stuff like that.

Lastly, the plants and syringes. There´s 5 types of plants (red, green, blue, white, yellow) from which you can craft...well, potions basically that let you breathe underwater, see enemies or animals, scare animals away or become fireproof, all kinds of things. Doing missions and challenges unlock more recipes. Pretty cool stuff, though you will spend a lot of time in the menu, mixing up your near-paranormal potions :D

All in all, I´m impressend and very pleased so far.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 09:48 AM       
They don't make games like they used to, but that's alright. A lot of the conventions were really shitty.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 10:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
like Torment
BANNED

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:55 AM       
i just started playing farcry 3 too

I played for about four hours today and its the best game ive played in forever
its a better stealth game than hitman: absolution.

the cavemushroom scene is awesome

i love killing pirates and finding meth pipes and meth

Quote:
Still very gamey with the bullshit pack-crafting
lol.. was that pun intentional?
Game(y): adjective 16. pertaining to or composed of animals hunted or taken as game or to their flesh.
BANNED

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM       
farcry3 is so god damned fun

i spentlikean hour just setting up mines on roads watching dudes drive up and go HEY THERES A BODY
then go boom

have you played the multiplayer yet oxblood? if you can do singleplayer ut with other people itd be so awesome

it remindsme a lot of red dead redemption+stalker