Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 05:25 PM        Grindhouse
From acclaimed directors Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, and Edgar Wright comes the manliest and most badass movie I have ever seen. You can even see Tom Savini for a split second and in the longer trailer and you can also see psycho Stuntman Mike smash through a cinema's "Now Playing" board with Scary Movie 4 and Wolf Creek on it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZN_ShFSv9...elated&search=
http://youtube.com/watch?search=&mod...&v=7yt6Lv9tOvI

In true grindhouse fashion, the two movies, (Planet Terror and Death Proof), are shown back to back with ads for fake movies in between them.

Planet Terror is a classic zombie movie about a bunch of thieves accidentally releasing zombie gas from a military base and Death Proof is about a car that cannot be destroyed and neither can anyone in the driver's seat.

One of the fake ads is for a movie called They Call Him Machete;

Yeah, it's awesome. Dear Jesus, I hope this doesn't suck.

April 6th.

Last edited by Fathom Zero : Sep 13th, 2007 at 12:15 AM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 06:04 PM       
Yeah, looks like it'll be a really, really entertaining movie. Robert Rodriguez is never boring and is one of my favorite directors. Tarantino too, but I didn't wanna mention him cause I know juttin, arrowx, jefftheninja, or zelda will come in here and be fanboys now.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM       
They aren't old enough to see the movie, anyway.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM       
so machete is just a fake trailer i thought it was acharacter cus danny trejo is my fellow mexican oh well

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 27th, 2007, 04:33 PM       
They (Rodriguez and Tarantino) juggled around the idea that when the movie is done and is rather successful, they might make full length movies for the trailers.
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 01:43 AM       
While i like Tarantino, I Think Rodriguez is better, The "El Mariachi" trilogy was sweet.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 06:27 PM       
I'm way excited fort this, is it going to be a EXTRA LONG flick or the length of 1 movie?

I think the fake trailer thing is going ot be killer!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM       
I think it's slated to be 2 1/2 hours long, entireley, and I'd say 70 or less minutes per movie because of the fake trailers and such.
Blue Fox is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM       
I was a little (and read all of this before you jump down my throat!!!) dissapointed with Terantino's movie Hostel.

when my mom (yes, this is like the first movie i ever had to get permission to watch) finally let me see it, I was like, "What is this? This isn't even really that scary..."

there were a few really good gore scenes, especially with the Jap girl and the blowtorch, but i found myself bored at about the 8th sex scene. I guess it's cause i'm a 15 year old girl... but still.

anyway, even with the effects i still didn't find it as good as From Dusk till Dawn.

but this one looks really good! Rock on Tarantino! churn out another winner!
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM       
Actually, Eli Roth made Hostel. They just stuck Tarrantino's name on it to sell tickets.

And I (And practically everyone else here) can agree that Hostel was garbage.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
Blue Fox is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM       
I repeat:

I love you guys!
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM       
i cannot WAIT to see dis :D :D :D :D :D
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 9th, 2007, 03:07 PM       
I can.

Because I have too.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM       
I am not a big tarintino fan, but robert rodriguez anything face-smashes me to awesome.
wislingsailsmen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2007, 11:53 PM       
ok im kind of confused you mean its more than to movies in this movie?and each part will have a trailer for them?
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM       
there are two hour long movies, and in between and before there are going to be trailers for both of those movies plus a bunch of other non-existent movies. it'll be about 3 hours long, so two one hour movies and then an hour of trailers and fake commercials and such.

all filled with blood and gore
Banned
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM       
hostel rocked
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 09:54 PM       
boooo.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM       
No, Hostel sucked ass.

Anyway, the word on the street (and by street I mean "internet". and by internet I mean "massive conglomeration of gaywads".) is that the "Machete" trailer is actually going to be a REAL movie that might go straight to DVD:

Quote:
Director Robert Rodriguez spoke at ShoWest, touching on a few topics, including sequels and spin-offs.

Rodriguez revealed that he's planning a solo movie for actor Danny Trejo's Machete character. If you've seen any of the "Grindhouse" trailers, then you've seen Trejo as the machete-wielding renegade. Rodriguez's answer was surprisingly absolute. He is doing a Machete spin-off movie and it's likely going to be direct to DVD. Rodriguez seemed pretty adamant about this, hinting that the announcement is already a done deal.

Switching topics, Rodriguez was asked whether he'll ever make sequels to "Once Upon a Time in Mexico." He replied that it is not out of the question and it is still something that he wants to do. Apparently, his plan was originally to make it the first of a trilogy of movies, following Johnny Depp's blind gunman character. He even put together fake trailers for the sequels using footage from the first movie. When he showed the trailers to Depp, Rodriguez claims that he was all in.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 02:28 PM       
Robert Rodriguez has been one of my favorite directors ever since from dusk till dawn, so that is very good news :O. The guy is one of the best action directors around, and it's not that gay matrix style action.

I'm sure a few of you will disagree with that last part, but fuck you.

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 03:42 PM       
Sequals to Once Upon A Time in Mexico? Kickass.

Edit: http://www.nypost.com/seven/03152007/gossip/pagesix/pagesix.htm

Understandable, but still disappointed.

Last edited by Fathom Zero : Mar 16th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 05:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
The guy is one of the best action directors around, and it's not that gay matrix style action.

I'm sure a few of you will disagree with that last part, but fuck you.
The matrix-style action is great... when it's in the Matrix. What's annoying as fuck is that every single action movie since then has adapted the same style and they've overkilled the hell out of it. So yes, I agree.

And Robert is easily one of the best directors out there. Total self-starter, DIY kinda guy. Check out his "Rebel Without A Crew" book if you get the chance, it's a great read.
Banned
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM       
any one else seen the monsterous displays for this in any of your local theatres? i was looking at one for atleast 4-5 minutes while I waited on my friend to get some beverage, man was it awesome looking!

it had some chick with 1 leg and a machine gun prosthetic like shooting the gun :o
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:24 PM       
This movie looks fucking great.
BTW
i don't even like Tarantino all of his movies are boring as shit. Just putting that out there.
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:39 PM       
I never really got to understand grindhouse from the stuff I've seen, so can you guys explain it?
Is it just like 2 movies back to back done all cool and retro, or what?