FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Forum Virgin

itWHOM is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM        hey guys
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 04:04 AM       
Ok, this contest is officially closed now. Myself and the other judges will be casting our votes soon and the results will be posted this week. Thanks again to all of you who've posted up your entries. It's gonna be a hard one for us to judge, that's for damned sure.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:38 AM       
Well done, guys! I gotta say, this is EASILY my favorite contest we've ever done...I LOVE these entries! It's going to be so hard to decide on the winners!
Forum Virgin

leathco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 01:05 AM       
Great idea for a contest. I had a killer idea that I posted on page one, I just suck at using the GIMP right now. Thanks for the laughs for the great posters.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 10th, 2007, 09:47 AM       
Best contest effort yet, by a huge margin! Congratulations all!
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 01:19 AM       
Alright! The votes have been tallied and here are your winners!

1ST PLACE:
J. Tithonus Pednaud (unanimous decision)

2ND PLACE: Nomistakinit (unanimous decision)

3RD PLACE: Zako the Great (not unanimous but had the most 3rd place votes)

Congratulations to our winners! To the 1st place winner, please make your selection as to which of the 3 characters you would like and post it here in this thread. Once you've done that, then the 2nd place winner needs to choose from the remaining two characters that are left over and post his choice in this thread. And finally, the third place winner will get whichever character is left. Once all three of you know which characters you're getting, send me a PM with your full name and mailing addresses and I'll send them out as soon as I have the chance (though, as busy as I am, it's likely you won't receive 'em 'til early next month heheh).

Again, thanks a LOT to all of you for putting so much effort into this contest... there was so much fun stuff to look at in this one that I'm probably going to do another horror poster contest for our next contest this month.

Also, as an additional thanks for your hard work, our pals over at Fright Catalog have set up a special coupon code for I-Mockery viewers that will get you 10% off anything you want on there. I don't get any cash for you buying stuff from them, so don't think it's anything like that. But if you see something on there that you'd like, you can use the coupon code IMock10 on anything you buy there between now and Halloween.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 09:13 AM       
Brainchild. Brainchild! BRAINCHILD!!!

I have to say, the all the entries overall were awesome and this was probably the most fun I've had designing anything in a long time. I am flattered to be the winner and I sincerely thank the judges for their votes.

Was there one poster in particular or was it a overall thing?

Congrats to the other winners too.
Forum Slut
nomistakinit is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM       
Thanks a lot guys..

Although I liked Brainchild too, I guess I'll take Grimsdyke.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 02:28 PM       
The Fright Catalog's telling me that IMock10 is an invalid code when I put it into the "Offer Code" slot.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 02:31 PM       
J. Tithonus Pednaud, yeah everybody chose your "Brain Child From Outer Space" one as their first choice actually. Congrats again.

Grislygus, I'll get in touch with them right away and see what's up with that IMock10 code. Once it's working, I'll post it here again.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 02:41 PM       
Grislygus/anybody, ok the IMock10 code shouldbe working fine now according to Fright Catalog. If it doesn't work for you now, try again tomorrow... otherwise, please let me know and I'll tell them it's still not working.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 02:53 PM       
Yeah, still not working. Someone else try it out tomorrow, I need to order this crap today.

I just called their help line, too, and the people on it hadn't heard about it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
YOUR HOUSE OF CARDS IS TUMBLING TO EARTH, ROG
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 04:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Yeah, still not working. Someone else try it out tomorrow, I need to order this crap today.

I just called their help line, too, and the people on it hadn't heard about it.
Ok I just emailed her to let her know that even the help line people didn't know about the code, so I'll let you know what she says as soon as I hear back.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 05:43 PM       
I know why you didn't enter the poster with me in it, Pednaud.

It's because you would've had to share the winnin's and you are selfish.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM       
Nomistakinit, I just wanted to say I really loved your "The Blood Was the Color of Blood" entry. Everybody who voted for you picked different things, but that one was hilarious.

And I have to give honorable mention to Blue Gularis - "Pretentious" (which I did vote for) and Pidgeonraiser, which made me laugh, but the fact that it didn't spell "pigeon" correctly made me withhold a vote for it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 11th, 2007, 08:32 PM       
Ok this just in from Fright Catalog:

Quote:
Hi Rog,

What a nightmare! Again, I’m really sorry for the confusion. I reset the code, so IMOCK10 will definitely be working tomorrow. I’m sorry someone couldn’t help Grislygus on the Fright Catalog help line, but if he needs to place the order today, he can either call FC and ask to be transferred to me (Jessica) and I’ll put in his order with the discount – or he can place the order at regular price online and I will go in and discount his order 15% through the backend of our system. To do that, I would just need to know the name on the order, or the order number the site issued them at the end of their transaction.

I’m also going to bump the offer up to 15% off for all the trouble this is causing. So, effective tomorrow AM 10/12/07 (because our Ecommerce software takes overnight to update to the server) everyone on I-Mockery can get 15% off their order by entering IMOCK10.

Many apologies to you and your forum, Rog!!
So there ya go, it should be fixed by tomorrow morning and she has kindly upped the discount to 15% Lemme know if there are any other problems with it.

Last edited by Mockery : Oct 11th, 2007 at 10:04 PM.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I know why you didn't enter the poster with me in it, Pednaud.

It's because you would've had to share the winnin's and you are selfish.
The real winner would have been that fucking spiders nest of a hair mound atop your head and, frankly, a reward would only encourage you and in your hippie ideals.
Ancient Mariner
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM       
Quote:
or he can place the order at regular price online and I will go in and discount his order 15% through the backend of our system. To do that, I would just need to know the name on the order, or the order number the site issued them at the end of their transaction.
Kickass, where can I send her the order number?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 12th, 2007, 04:31 PM       
Grislygus, I'm PMing you her info (just in case she doesn't want it posted on the internets for the spammers to get ahold of )
Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2007, 03:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
And I have to give honorable mention to Blue Gularis - "Pretentious" (which I did vote for)
Hail Protoclown and thanks for the vote! I am pleased I got one, good to hear. I also liked Hugo's 'Pidgeon Raiser, misspell aside.

My congratulations to the very deserving winners. I miss checking this thread every day to see what madness people came up with, this was a LOT of fun.

So, what's the next contest?