Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Forum Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM        2011 SECRET SANTA EVENT PARTICIPANTS: SHARE YOUR INTERESTS!!!
So, one thing I hear from some of the Secret Santa participants every year we do this is that they don't really know the person they're buying gifts for all that well. As a result, some of you aren't sure what to buy the person you're assigned to in the Secret Santa event.

While I tend to not even think about what my recipient is interested in and simply try to get them something they wouldn't normally buy for themselves to create a more fun / surprising Secret Santa experience, I understand that some of you may not want to do it that way and simply want to give them something you know they'd like. With that in mind, I'm opening up this thread for all participants to post their interests in. Just share some basic details about yourself (ie: what kind of movies you like, your hobbies, etc.) if you want your Secret Santa gift giver to know a little more about yourself.

Note: Just because you post some info about yourself in this thread, it does NOT mean your Secret Santa needs to take these factors into consideration when they buy your gifts. It's totally up to them whether to buy you something related to your interests or to go with something more surprising. Again, this is totally optional for both the buyer and the receiver to participate in.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM       
I like comedies, older dramas, some action movies. Board games, old school cartridge games from the 8 and 16 bit era, candy, and cooking implements.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 06:57 PM       
I AM INTERESTED IN WOMEN
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM       
I like being surprised but these are the kinds of things I've been trying to collect without much success.

Any titles or things reviewed on this site
Any interesting buttons (movies, music, tv, preferable older ones)
Any interesting looking albums on vinyl or cassingles
Any interesting looking magazines (old and new)
Any horror movie novelizations, books, toys, action figures, dolls, etc
Any unopened boxes of trading cards/POGS (Movie, TV, Music Related)
Any weird or interesting VHS, Laserdisc, Beta tapes, DVD's or Blu-Ray (Preferably VHS Laser or Blu)
Any weird or interesting toys, action figures, dolls from the the 90s and older
Any Pee-wee's Playhouse related stuff
Any Video Store Promotional items
Shirt Size XXL
More Ideas Here

Last edited by Ex Leper : Nov 30th, 2011 at 12:32 AM.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 01:14 AM       
Haha I forgot all about POGS, Ex Leper.

I like bizarre candy, soda, movies, toys, and of course being surprised.
And if it hasn't been mentioned yet, reading through previous SS events is a great way to get some ideas.
The Third Man
Harry Lime is probably a spambot
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 10:55 AM       
Overall I enjoy the surprise factor of Secret Santa but here are a few general interests.

-Obscure/Cult Films (like many reviewed on the site) or any related memorabilia.

-Any ornament I can add to the tree shall be warmly received.

-Most any 80s/90s childhood memorabilia ( toys, books, cups, cards, etc...)

Cheers!
"Fighting the Frizzies...at 11:00"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM       
Rings made out of real meteorites.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM       
One piece of advice I can give is that I do not need any movies (DVDs or otherwise) cuz I simply have too many already that I haven't even had a chance to watch yet, so it'd likely take me an eternity to watch any flicks you send. No music either.

But you guys know my tastes by now anyway... I love stuff from the 80s (toys, trading cards, stickers, old cereal boxes, halloween stuff, novelties, etc.). I'm pretty easy to get ideas for.

With all that in mind, like most people here, I just like being surprised.

Last edited by Mockery : Nov 5th, 2011 at 06:25 AM.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 07:33 PM       
I'd like to first say that my person should by no means stick to my list. This is the first one I've ever posted and I've always loved what I've gotten in the past secret santas! Don't sweat it, just pick whatever you think is cool.

Spoilers!

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Nov 4th, 2011, 07:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
I'd like to first say that my person should by no means stick to my list. This is the first one I've ever posted and I've always loved what I've gotten in the past secret santas! Don't sweat it, just pick whatever you think is cool.

Spoilers!
I'm honored to be referenced.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 03:02 AM       
The best secret santa gifts for me have been off the wall, with a theme to everything. Or a story. I like chocolate, comic books and technology. Antique shit is cool. Like old toys. OLD toys.

I'll be sure to do a silly video opening it. (Probably using the same Santa snuggie I got from Rog last year)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIS2ZVH7MH8
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 04:14 AM       
GUYS SANTA ISNT EVEN REAL
Pickled Patriarch
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 06:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
GUYS SANTA ISNT EVEN REAL
But SECRET Santa is real! He even sent me video footage of you sleeping in bed, Willie. He was doing all this heavy breathing while he watched you sleep. It was kind of creepy.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 11:24 AM       
I like Horror movies, Pokemon, Surprises, Local candy, Candy, also candy, and cats. But don't send a cat. Fairly certain that is illegal. I also love blind box toys and comics.
Surprises are awesome.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM       
I really enjoyed Secret Santa last year, it was my first

time. I like surprises but if my SS wants a little help,

here are some interests of mine.

1) Any Horror/Fantasy/Sci-fi history lit, toys, action figures, dolls, etc.
2) Interesting/Unique Stationery and Pens, Folders, Journals
3) Any hard to find but good Sci-Fi Novels
4) Any old school robot toys
5) Neat Horror or Sci-Fi Buttons
6) Anything Dr. Who
7) Ninjas, Samurai, Retro 80s, Luchas, Mustaches
Freelance Artist
The_Punk_Hippie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM       
Video games - Katamari, Suikoden, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Day Of The Tentacle, Azure Dreams, Alex Kidd In Miracle World, blah blah blah (I don't need any video games, but I like weird video game paraphernalia)
Weird japanese things (like Darumas & weird cute things like Domo)
Candy that I can't get in Ontario (especially weird Asian candy!)
Bling/Buttons/Pins
Movies: Beetlejuice, Rocky Horror Picture Show (again, don't need the movies, but stuff is neat)
Tea (I have boring flavours coming out the wazoo, so weird flavours are definitely preferred)
Fun touques

also, believe it or not, I'm female - not sure if that fact will be useful, but I figured I should throw it out there :D
& in case it's needed - shirt size is large, but I usually go for XL because I like the room (hoodies are ALWAYS XL)

Last edited by The_Punk_Hippie : Nov 20th, 2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: because I'm greedy & want more things! (actually, wanted to clarify that I don't need video games or movies)
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Nov 8th, 2011, 06:48 PM       
I like horror, sci-fi, and comedies!
My shirt size is a medium!
I love odd little things that I can use for decoration, like my old gas mask!
Candy!
Posters!
Etc.
Buttmunch
Tacobot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 06:21 PM       
I like to be surprised. but i like the kind of things covered on the site 80's stuff, horror movies,action figures,comic books something that looks nice on a shelf general knic knackery. and i'm an XL man if you know what i mean...yea my shirt size yea "cough" uh yea.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:44 PM       
I suppose listing a shirt size wouldn't hurt... .Large here.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2011, 01:07 AM       
I'd totally be happy if someone bought my kitty cat some toys, or giving me a random movie. I'm not hard to please.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM       
whoops!
MrSmiley381 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM       
I'm a big fan of video games first and foremost. I'm mostly a Sega person and I'm currently smashing through as many Sega console games as I can right now. Additionally, I like shmups, particularly those by Compile. If someone would want to research me and surprise with a cool game, it would not be hard. I go by MrSmiley381 on all forums and gaming services I frequent. It would be cool if someone REALLY caught me off guard with something neat and gaming related, especially since I haven't been too surprised by video games as of late.

On the other hand, if that would not seem fun or would be too difficult, I love just about anything. I like comics, I like cult movies, I like things involving robots (please send me a real Transformer, a robot wife, or a Tranny Transformer wife), and if you really want to do something silly with a gag gift, I would not be disappointed.
Baron Von Snugglemittens
blood_panther is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2011, 10:39 PM       
Surprises are always cool but if you need some help shopping for me...

my shirt size is XXL. I like to display collectibles so anything that looks cool on display would be nice. Love anything to do with pop culture. comedies are my movie type of choice. candies are always good. although I dislike grape and orange flavored candy. I also collect Magic The Gathering cards. I also have a small amazon wish list here so check that out if you want. aside from that just surprise me!

Last edited by blood_panther : Nov 19th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
Closed Thread