Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM        Absolutely fucking horrible sports injuries.
I went to school for sports medicine for a while. Science!

This is just about the most cringeworthy hockey injury I've ever seen. It's amazing that he survived.

I still can't watch it without squirming
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM       
He shot himself in the neck in 2008 but denies it was a suicide attempt. It's almost as though the universe hates his whole neck area.

Joe Theismann had a horrible injury (the gold standard of injuries by which all sports injuries are compared). I always cringe right when I see LT's knee land in the side of his calf as he falls and break right through it.

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 01:13 AM       
Moises Alou had a leg injury back in the 90s that was right up there with Theismann's, if not worse. I just can't find a goddamn video or picture of it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:25 AM       
i haaaate watching broken/dislocated limb videos.

the hockey vid was pretty rad though
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:31 AM       
If I remember correctly, Malarchuk is on the Jackets staff now. I think he might be the goaltending coach, or he was.

I also think that one of the few people in the crowd to die after getting hit with a puck was at a Jackets game. It was a young girl, before the high netting was standard.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hoc...puck_death_ap/

Even with netting, I've still had pucks land within about 4 feet of me while sitting in the handydandy "disabled" section of some arenas.

Last edited by Kitsa : Dec 28th, 2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: enhanced factuality
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 06:39 AM       
I remember seeing the Theismann injury on replay. I think Howard Cosell was doing the voiceover.

Jesus, but that neck injury video was nasty!
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 28th, 2009, 09:03 AM       
From what I've read, there were a couple of random factors that saved Malarchuk's life.

One was the location where he was tending goal...they were able to get him off quickly. They said if he'd been at the other end, he might have died. The other was the fact that the guy who got to him was a Vietnam vet, a medic with combat experience, and didn't hesitate to grab the vein* and keep it pinched until they could get him in a better situation to get it sutured.

He said that he was absolutely sure he was going to die, and he wanted them to get him off the ice so that his mother, who was watching, wouldn't see him die on TV.

*I'm still not 100% clear on whether the injury was venous or arterial, I've read both in different articles.

Last edited by Kitsa : Dec 28th, 2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: clarification
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM       
Not that these are especially gory, but as far as goalies meting out punishment you can't beat Ron Hextall. He just went apeshit all the time, not always for any particular reason.

For the record, I didn't really have a problem with his doing this to Chelios. It was kind of funny when Patrick Roy came out:

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 02:23 PM       
Hexy was quite the character, all right. I miss his fire and fervor.
Banned
DB2009 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 11:12 AM        Wow that suff is Nutz
It looks like to me that they need a good MASSIVE CHOCOLATES my roommate showed me this hockey shot and it is crazy nasty! have a safe holiday!

Last edited by executioneer : Dec 31st, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 01:25 PM       
A lot of you have probably seen this but if you know of something more gruesome Im willing to watch.

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM       

The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 04:20 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:30 PM       
I want to hear more about the massive chocolates You can't just dangle that in front of a lady and not follow up.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:46 PM       
Especially one who is eating for two, hey?

TEH MASSIVE CHOCOLATES! WE WANT MOAR!
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:53 PM       
I told someone tonight that if Jason Voorhees was based on any sort of actual hockey player, it'd have been Ron Hextall.

Who was that one NFL player who ran into the yellow garden cart on the sidelines and his leg just snapped backwards from the knee down?