Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 02:26 AM        Weekly Game Review: Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Ghostbusters: The Video Game.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 02:52 AM       
I didn't think it would be possible to improve upon the original C64 game, but DAMN, this thing is fun. Bustin' makes me feel good, etc.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 03:58 AM       
This game did not disappoint. I'm glad I decided to big it up.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 05:57 AM       
bleah @ this game. gets old entirely too fast
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM       
I was not a huge fan of this game either, I have no idea why, it just did not keep my interest. Although I may not have given it a fair chance. Good review though Proto.
Ozzman313 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 12:33 PM       
I agree it was a bit short, I haven't played it in at least 2 months...but I love the game overall. The online mode is good, just hope they release add on maps
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM       
i could do without the other characters' voices constantly repeating the same damn lines over and over again. if it'd been possible to shut venkman off especially it might've warranted more than a rental
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
I've been really wanting to play this. Must do so in the immediate future.
Last of the Time Lords
Doctor_Who is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2009, 11:36 PM       
Everyone tells me I will love this game, and I look forward to playing it. Problem is I'm a Wii owner. I know that means the graphics won't be the same (and I'm perfectly okay with that), but are there any other differences? Is it worth checking out, or should I just wait until I visit my brother and his 360 and rent it then?
Drunken_Lemur408 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM       
It certainly was an interesting experience, I've since beat it and haven't touched it since. Multiplayer was interesting, but a tad bit too difficult. Very rarely finished the mission.I did have fun hunting done all the artifacts and watching them pile up in the firehouse.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
From what I understand, Doctor Who, the Wii version is significantly different (the graphics being FAR worse is just one change). Just do a google search for the differences.
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM       
The Wii version does have the advantage of letting you use the Wii mote to better simulate using the proton gun.

Neither version is really better or worse, just different.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM       
I found this game to be fantastic... the only problem was you sure wouldn't be able to tell unless you are patient enough to get off the first level, because I found the first level to be boring and overly difficult compared to later levels. For those of you that didn't like this game I suggest you go back and invest more time on it. This is NOT a rental game. Despite it's short length you can't beat it in a weekend and the game is written as a story, not a collection of random levels, so you have to complete the game in order to get maximum enjoyment.

P.S. The wii version doesn't have worse graphics at all... they used an entirely different art style. Cartoon graphics do NOT equate to worse graphics. Bill Murry actually said he prefers the art direction of the wii version because the characters are more expressive, which makes the jokes funnier.
OH GOD
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 06:46 PM       
Quote:
you can't beat it in a weekend
uhh yes you can? unless you're the type that has to beat all the metagaming shit and get all the achievements/ trophies. I beat it in one night
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:21 PM       
So there is a 360 version, huh?
OH GOD
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 10:54 PM       
yes
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 11:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
P.S. The wii version doesn't have worse graphics at all... they used an entirely different art style. Cartoon graphics do NOT equate to worse graphics. Bill Murry actually said he prefers the art direction of the wii version because the characters are more expressive, which makes the jokes funnier.
Well the Wii doesn't have the same graphics capability as the other current gen systems. Hence, they had to use a different art style, lest they draw too much attention to it. A more disappointing problem is that the Wii version lacks the physics that the 360 and PS3 have.

Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 10:58 AM       
Fun game. One of the things that really works for it is that knowing the Ghostbusters personalities... it's pretty easy to accept them making the new guy do all the hard work and loading him down with the dangerous experimental equipment.
Bustin makes me feel good
wetstereorebel is probably a spambot
Old Aug 16th, 2009, 10:53 PM       
I liked the demo for this game. I definitely should give it a rental.
"FUCK HEAD!"
Travis touchdown is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
good but i like the old sega one better
Shinobi Hero
Joe Musashi is probably a spambot
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardC View Post
I thought it was Dan Aykroyd who said that?