Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM        Kerry pays people to complain about Bush ads.
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/editorial/20231.htm

(MRS.) KERRY'S CASH CONNECTION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 9, 2004 -- To hear some folks tell it, families of the 9/11 victims have risen en masse to denounce President Bush for using brief images from Ground Zero in his campaign commercials.
We have no doubt that the use of the images is appropriate - given that the president's leadership in the wake of 9/11, and his conduct of the War on Terror, are under drumbeat assault by John Kerry and the Democrats.

But now it turns out that this whole furor is driven by a tiny group that's motivated by a far-left agenda and a festering hatred of the president - and has some quite dubious financial ties.

Leading the rhetorical charge has been an outfit called September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows - which, the group admits, has only a few dozen members and represents relatives of no more than 1 percent of the 9/11 victims.

More to the point, the group was formed specifically to oppose the entire War on Terror: Not just the campaign against Saddam Hussein, but also the toppling of the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Indeed, the group's leaders traveled to Afghanistan, drawing a detestable moral equivalence between the 9/11 attacks and U.S. bombing of the Taliban and opposing "violent responses to terrorism."

Then, before the onset of Operation Iraqi Freedom, a Peaceful Tomorrows delegation went to Baghdad to "demonstrate solidarity" with Iraqis - a move that Saddam's deputy, Tariq Aziz, termed at the time "a very important international development."

They also demanded that Congress set up a $20 million fund to compensate Afghan "victims" of the U.S. military.

And back in January 2003, the group said had it had gotten a "verbal commitment" to the fund proposal from the junior senator from Massachusetts - John F. Kerry.

Little surprise there - because Peaceful Tomorrows' parent group, the San Francisco-based Tides Foundation, has received millions from foundations controlled by Kerry's heiress wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry.

A spokesman for Kerry insists that her donations to Tides were earmarked specifically for environmental charities based in Pennsylvania. But money is fungible - and the Tides Foundation has a lot more than greening the earth on its plate.

It has given millions to anti-war groups since 9/11 - particularly the extremist MoveOn.org.

Tides has also funded groups like United for a Fair Economy, which has been involved in violent anti-globalization street protests.

For example, the Ruckus Society, which was largely responsible for the anarchy in Seattle in 1999 and trains would-be environmental terrorists in the practice of "monkey-wrenching" - the willful destruction of construction equipment and so on.

Tides gets much of its funds from philanthropists like Mrs. Kerry and billionaire George Soros - who has made defeating President Bush his top personal priority.

As Richard Berman, director of the Center for Consumer Freedom, told Congress in 2002: "The Tides Foundation distributes other foundations' money, while shielding the identity of the actual donors."

Call it charitable money-laundering.

This, then, is the fringe crowd that declares itself "offended" by the Bush ads.

They're people who are offended by anything this president does - and they are working hard to put John Kerry in the White House.

Remember that the next time you hear a news report about "widespread popular outrage."
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:00 PM       
Bush doesn't have to pay for support.

------------------------------------------------

Some 9/11 Kin Back Bush Ground Zero Ads

Sat Mar 6,10:51 PM ET

NEW YORK - More than a dozen families who lost relatives in the Sept. 11 attacks released a letter Saturday declaring their support for President Bush (news - web sites) and his use of images of the destroyed World Trade Center in campaign ads.

"There is no better testament to the leadership of President Bush than Sept. 11," the letter states. "In choosing our next leader we must not forget that day if we are to have a meaningful conversation."

The "Open Letter to America," signed by 22 people who lost loved ones in the trade center, comes as other victims' families asked that the ads be pulled from the airwaves. The spots also show firefighters carrying a flag-draped stretcher.

"In the November election we will have a clear choice laid before the American people," the letter reads. "President Bush is rightly offering us that choice and the images of Sept. 11, although painful, are fundamental to that choice. The images in President Bush's campaign television ads are respectful of the memories of Sept. 11."

When asked about the ads on Saturday, President Bush said he will "continue to speak about the effects of 9-11 on our country and my presidency."

"How this administration handled that day, as well as the war on terror, is worthy of discussion. And I look forward to discussing that with the American people," he said.

Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry told Fox News Channel on Saturday that he personally believed that the ads were inappropriate.

Jimmy Boyle, former president of the Uniformed Firefighters Association, said he came up with the "Open Letter to America" after hearing that the president was being criticized for the ads.

"I don't think he's taking advantage of Sept. 11 and I feel that he's given us the leadership that we need," said Boyle, who said he will be voting for a Republican president for the first time in November.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:13 PM       
The NY Post, eh? I was hoping for the weekly standard.....
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:13 PM       
lame
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:19 PM       
Which one, the Post or the Standard? I'm partial to the Standard myself....
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 10:28 PM       
"Which one, the Post or the Standard?" - Omni

You.

In a nice way of course.

Where is Herbivore?
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 11:02 PM       
I think both sides are losers on this particular issue, but they're both gonna stir up public support because of the controversy.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 9th, 2004, 11:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun

Where is Herbivore?
He partook in animal flesh over the holidays and turned into an omnivore.

It was his first step on his journey to the dark side. He is slowly morphing into a full fledge Republican.

So, Kev, when will you be getting your "Oliver North: A True American Hero" bumper sticker?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 10:05 AM       
A.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was not aware thay Kerry has any national advertising featuring people complaining about W's use of 9/11 imagery. Everything I've heard on that was in the news, not advertisements, and nothing I read many any mention of Kerry advertising.

B.) The article purports that Kerry has given to organizations that some of these 'complainers' are members of. If this is what means he 'pid' them to do it, so have I, since I've contributed to some of those same organizations. The op-ed makes this seem as if the claim is that Kerry hired actors, as opposed to actual people who actually gree with him, who I don't think were hired to appear in ads I'm not aware of.

C.) I think since W said he had no intention of politicsing 9/11 (a laughable claim at the time) and since he will not allow any media coverage of dead soldiers returning home, his use of of the dead from 9/11 is, to use one of your favorite words, hypocritical.

D.) If W. wants to politicize his involvment with and connection to 9/11, I say 'bring it on.' I think people will come to find it more and more distatsteful the more he does it. I also think his record of actions since then bears all the attention it can get, from his decision to tie our military down in Iraq, to virtually ignoring Pakistans role in the creation of the Taliban and the Nuclear black market, two things Iraq was not involved in, to the insulting, platry single hour he'll give the biprtisan committee investigating 9/11. He's spent more time than that dolling out ribs for a photo op. If that's the leadership he wants to draw attention to, I'm all for it.

E.) As a pre-emtive strike on claims of waffling, I refer you to W's positions on the inestigation of intelligence failures prior to 9/11, the creation of a department of homeland security, and a committee to investigate intelligence failures regrding WMD. All three of these things he opposed and thenb supported once it became clear the direction and speed the wind was blowing.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM       
Is an organization with an anti-Bush agenda necessary ... really? If it is, then I think that George himself is the best player on their team.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:06 PM       
I love all the credit Bush gets for 9-11 because, as we all know, any other President would have just surrendered. Fuck, what did he do that was so great that another leader couldn't? It's retarded to assume that he was the single reason Americans came together to help each other when 9-11 happened.
Mocker

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:09 PM       
He was my guiding force during my lowest moments of the trajedy.

Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:13 PM       
And yet he won't even fund public education so that you could actually learn how to spell "tragedy."
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:43 PM       
"A.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was not aware thay Kerry has any national advertising featuring people complaining about W's use of 9/11 imagery. Everything I've heard on that was in the news, not advertisements, and nothing I read many any mention of Kerry advertising." - Max

Of course not, he wouldn't want to violate the new campaign finance laws now would he?

"B.) The article purports that Kerry has given to organizations that some of these 'complainers' are members of. If this is what means he 'pid' them to do it, so have I, since I've contributed to some of those same organizations. The op-ed makes this seem as if the claim is that Kerry hired actors, as opposed to actual people who actually gree with him, who I don't think were hired to appear in ads I'm not aware of." - Max

9 out of the 11 people that were quoted were paid by Kerry and were given talking points in interviews. I've heard these interviews and ALL of them used the same EXACT terminology. The point is, they are agents from the democratic party who have been paid to speak out against Bush. Here is a sample.....

VOICE I: I think for someone like President Bush who has not cooperated with this commission, who has stonewalled this commission.

VOICE II: This president and his administration blocked the creation of the commission, have stonewalled the commission.

VOICE I: If this was realistic from the morning of September 11th, it would show President Bush before a group of school children listening to them read, while the twin towers were burning.

VOICE II: If he wants to show a picture of 9-11 depicting what he was doing, it should be a picture of him sitting and reading in a classroom to school children. That's where he was on 9-11.

VOICE I: And we need to find out why 3,000 people were murdered on his watch.

VOICEII: Well, you know, this happened on his watch.

"C.) I think since W said he had no intention of politicsing 9/11 (a laughable claim at the time) and since he will not allow any media coverage of dead soldiers returning home, his use of of the dead from 9/11 is, to use one of your favorite words, hypocritical."

Seriously Max, how can he not allow media coverage of any type? He was our president on 9/11 and he should be allowed to use it as an example of how his leadership prevailed during that time.........and if people disagree, so be it.

"D.) If W. wants to politicize his involvment with and connection to 9/11, I say 'bring it on.'"

You might....but Kerry and democratic pundits are afraid because they know it's a strong point for Bush with the American people.

"I think people will come to find it more and more distatsteful the more he does it. I also think his record of actions since then bears all the attention it can get, from his decision to tie our military down in Iraq, to virtually ignoring Pakistans role in the creation of the Taliban and the Nuclear black market, two things Iraq was not involved in, to the insulting, platry single hour he'll give the biprtisan committee investigating 9/11. He's spent more time than that dolling out ribs for a photo op. If that's the leadership he wants to draw attention to, I'm all for it."

I think you are dead wrong....if that were the case, democrats wouldn't be complaining about it.....but we'll have to wait and see.

"E.) As a pre-emtive strike on claims of waffling, I refer you to W's positions on the inestigation of intelligence failures prior to 9/11, the creation of a department of homeland security, and a committee to investigate intelligence failures regrding WMD. All three of these things he opposed and thenb supported once it became clear the direction and speed the wind was blowing."

If you want to talk about waffling lets talk about John Kerry who has waffled on every issue that exists. It looks as if the dems nominated the wrong man.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:20 PM       
"Of course not, he wouldn't want to violate the new campaign finance laws now would he?"
So we agree the complaint in your article isn't paralell.

"9 out of the 11 people that were quoted were paid by Kerry and were given talking points in interviews. I've heard these interviews and ALL of them used the same EXACT terminology. The point is, they are agents from the democratic party who have been paid to speak out against Bush."

An interesting theory that perhaps comes from some other article you didn't post. The one you did post makes no such claim. Why don't you post the one tht does and I can show you where its flawed? Instead of making up voices, why not use the internet Al Gore was nice enough to invent for you to give some aactual examples. Hearing voices is a sign of insanity.

"he should be allowed to use it as an example of how his leadership prevailed during that time.........and if people disagree, so be it. "
Which is exactly what's happening. It's not as if the DNC were threatening them with lawyers over bogus charges. People are diagreeing, and extremist republicans can't imgine tht happening without some plot or payment.

"Kerry and democratic pundits are afraid because they know it's a strong point for Bush with the American people."
Thank you, psychic Ronnie.

I think waffling is an excellent thing to talk about.

"I'll give them one hour. I mean, I'll answer all their questions. No ones looking at a clock. That one hour thing I said was a guesstimate. And I never really said I objected to this committee being formed in the first place. I meant we should form a committee. It was a typo. You quoted me wrong. I'm in favor of it. Anyone who says I wasn't is a revisionomist. And no damn extension. Okay, yes, sure, extension. But you can only have one damn hour! "
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:59 PM       
"So we agree the complaint in your article isn't paralell."

No.

"An interesting theory that perhaps comes from some other article you didn't post. The one you did post makes no such claim. Why don't you post the one tht does and I can show you where its flawed? Instead of making up voices, why not use the internet Al Gore was nice enough to invent for you to give some aactual examples. Hearing voices is a sign of insanity."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai..._so.guest.html

Enjoy!

"Which is exactly what's happening. It's not as if the DNC were threatening them with lawyers over bogus charges. People are diagreeing, and extremist republicans can't imgine tht happening without some plot or payment."

There was a payment. They were given talking points. Just accept that Kerry will do ANYTHING to win.

"Thank you, psychic Ronnie."

Anytime.

"I think waffling is an excellent thing to talk about."

"I'll give them one hour. I mean, I'll answer all their questions. No ones looking at a clock. That one hour thing I said was a guesstimate. And I never really said I objected to this committee being formed in the first place. I meant we should form a committee. It was a typo. You quoted me wrong. I'm in favor of it. Anyone who says I wasn't is a revisionomist. And no damn extension. Okay, yes, sure, extension. But you can only have one damn hour! "

Oh! You've got him. First he gave an hour and now that dems are bitching about it he said "ok, no time limit". Keep in mind that they've already turned in over 800 hours of taped interviews and mounds of paperwork on the subject matter. It's all political and I think you know that.

Meanwhile Kerry votes for the war and just about every other item Bush pushed through congress all the while criticizing the very things he voted for.

WAY TO GO!!!
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 11:58 AM       
Thanks for the link. I think his drug abuse addled his brain permanently. He offers no evidence of his theory beyond his reasonable hypothesis that the ame words mean some sort of cooperation as opposed to spontanaety. He again states That Heinz gave money to organizations some of these people belonged to. So have I. Did I pay them to say what they said? Does he have some evidence of colusion between Kerry and these people? If he does, he has a responsability to come forward with it. He, like you, confuses the words opinion and fact.

It is my opinion that W. deliberately used information he knew to be a forgery in his state of the union adress. I believe I have good reason to think so. Is it an established fact? No. The evidence is circumstantial. Limbaughs evidence is a lot more circumstantial.

Show me the talking points. Show me the payment. This is a conspiracy theory. Might it be true? Sure. But right now you have zero past a perfectly legal danation and the same words used by more than one person. I think the families in these organizations agreed on wording together. As a republlican you surely know the benefits of 'staying on message' when you want to make a point. You cat as if you have a signed contrct between Theresa Heinz and speciffic people paying them to read a script. I believe you think that's what hapened.
Mocker

Old Mar 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
Meanwhile Kerry votes for the war and just about every other item Bush pushed through congress all the while criticizing the very things he voted for.

WAY TO GO!!!
That "just about" will get you every time.