Thanks hadas :D
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
(That means you Immortal Goat.)
Sorry. Just trying to be helpful.

Still, go with RE4 over all of them. Great controls, and nice and scary.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:23 PM       
Yeah man video games aren't about gameplay at all it's about the atmosphere. Not being able to fight, run away, get to the next save point because you keep dying unfairly is SCARY MAN.

I was gonna ask on the GameFAQs boards for you, regarding the control. But then I saw someone bitching about how they're 16 and couldn't buy the game used and it's all Rockstar's fault for the Hot Coffee thing and my head exploded.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:32 PM       
Maybe you just suck at video games james because I never had a problem with it.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM       
Silent hills controls were finer tuned than RE from my experience, in RE it took at least a hour to grasp the controls properly and get into the flow. In SH I remember it forcing you to get used to them in the begining of the game.

No metter what anyone says, RE4 was scary up until you got to Disneyland the 2x El Gigante fight was awesome on Pro!
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 08:50 PM       
okay, seriously, how the FUCK could anyone, with the exception of arrow here, not understand the controls in RE right away? I mean fuck, you hardly even had to AIM in that game.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 09:53 PM       
i understood them, I just hated them. They were counter-intuitive to anything I have played on any 3d game previous to that.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
okay, seriously, how the FUCK could anyone, with the exception of arrow here, not understand the controls in RE right away? I mean fuck, you hardly even had to AIM in that game.
It's not a matter of understanding. It's a matter of good design. I understand that pressing right will turn my character toward their right. I understand that pushing down will make my character walk backward.

But when my character is facing toward the screen, and pressing down and right causes them to walk backward and to the left, that's just retarded.

Especially when so many other games follow certain basics, and then jumping from those games to something like RE is very difficult. It's like spinning around really fast, and then trying to walk a straight line.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 03:42 AM       
what you're talking about seems more like a camera issue to me. the controls have to work around the camera.

but really, it took me all of two minutes to get the RE controls down ;<
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 09:08 AM       
Quote:
Yeah it's playable, sure you wont be running across walls Jackie Chan style or doing moonsaults over zombies heads while firing off duel magnums but its fully playable. The tank controls take some getting use to but they don't hinder the game at all, like I said, it's all about atmosphere.
And silent hill is 3D, so controlling your character is a bit easier compared to Resi.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 06:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
Not so much understand as to get used to them and be able to use them quickly and effectiveley.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 07:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin
And silent hill is 3D, so controlling your character is a bit easier compared to Resi.
Oh, that's right. I forgot Resident evil had gay Pre-rendered backgrounds like the 3-D Final Fantasies
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM       
Ok now that I have ordered Silent Hill off of Barnes and Noble all that's left to do is wait.

But in the mean time, this thread is now about Metroid: Third Derivative. BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME.

http://www.bobandgeorge.com/Subcomic...Metroid005.png
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 16th, 2005, 01:02 AM       
Did anyone play RE3 on the PC?

I discovered it floating around the interweb and gave it a try. Aside form glitches with the background its graphics are like RE3 on the PS1 times a hundered. Nemisis is harder, the controlls are smoother on a directional pat that encompases more than a thumb, and the soung quality is much better.