Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM        Awesome Album Art
I love album art, it's one of the reasons why I collect vinyls. I'm big into old school thrash metal and punk, and I love the iconic imagery that goes along with the legendary music.

So post them. The band doesn't necesarrily have to be good, but brownie points if they are. All the ones I'm going to post are kick ass bands though.

One of my favorite bands, Bolt Thrower, have the best fucking album art ever:

Bolt Thrower - Honour, Valour, Pride

Bolt Thrower - Mercenary (I like this one the most just because it's so subtly badass)

Gwar - Violence Has Arrived (Not my favorite album, I love their early stuff)

Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity

Megadeth's Rust and Peace Sells, two classics, still awesome album covers though

The same guy who did those two album covers also did artwork for one of my favorite current bands, Municipal Waste:

Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation

Municipal Waste - The Art of Partying

Megadriver is a brazillian band that covers alot of the greatest game music that has come and gone. Obviously mostly sega stuff. I wish they would release this on vinyl, it's awesome and so is the cover:

Just a quick plug, because I love these guy so much it borders on gay, all their music is free on their website: http://www.megadriver.com.br/ a couple good listens are Thrash Earthquake, the Top Gear theme, Successor of Fate and Green Hill Zone.

Last edited by ThrashO : Jul 1st, 2011 at 02:07 AM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 01:40 AM       
Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM       
The municipal waste covers are great.

Is the cover on the animal collective a gif or is that an illusion. Tripping me out right now something fierce.

Mos Def

Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Is the cover on the animal collective a gif or is that an illusion. Tripping me out right now something fierce.
Illusion. I can only get it to stop moving if I back up far enough.

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:47 PM       
yeah that ac album cover totally matches their music when you're high as shit. i can't stand 'em anymore since i quit smoking pot, but i used to love them. haha.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 12:31 AM       
I've that Best of Boingo. Wonderful cover, that is.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM       
yeah i bought it for the cover and the cover is the best part

except maybe nasty habits

... and only a lad
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 10:37 AM       

Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:11 AM       
man i don't think black sabbath could top the cover for master of reality.

i'm boring.

actually paranoid is pretty good but i'm probably only saying that because that's a goddamngreat album

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM       
good covers, my dad gave me one of Black Sabbath's live albums when I was a kid, always been one of my favorites, this one is Live Evil

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:48 AM       
I'm mainly impressed with cover art that has hidden images. Both Sad wings and Mob rules have hidden devil faces and snakes and skulls, etc, well both albums together have all that.
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM       
Most of the album covers here look like shitty sci-fi paperback covers

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 03:16 PM       
I would watch them if they played them on syfy too.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM       
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 04:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post

I have the VHS version of that compilation. It's a lot shorter though, only six videos
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM