Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 07:13 AM        Decent grunge past the 90's, does it exist?
I've always loved bands like STP, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and I like some Nirvana too even though I think they're beyond over rated (Guitar World named him #2 in a list of 100 greatest guitarists. FUCK YOU), but are there any grunge bands worth a shit into the 00's?

I feel like any grunge worth a shit and that was "underground" in the day quickly sold out.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM       
This little-known band called Collective Soul.

Stop making so many threads.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM       
Therapy? - Troublegum is an awesome album. It's from the 90s, but you didn't mention it. Give it a whirl, if you haven't already.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 07:33 AM       
Man I'm an idiot. That song "December" I always thought was a Tom Petty song.

[edit] also I've been blowing up the music section because im finally updating my ipod after about 2 years since my computer crashed and I didnt feel like rebuilding my library because itunes and apple are a bunch of stingy shit streaks
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 08:03 AM       
WHY DRINK THE WATER FROM MY HAND

CONTAGIOUS AS YOU THINK I AM
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 12:58 PM       
if i were compiling a list of the top 100 guitarists i don't think cobain would ever cross my mind.

one time i bought a mother love bone cd at a used music shop and somehow i didn't realize it was a single. what the fuck. it wasn't even a good one.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM       
hoobastank

check em out theyre really good
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM       
not to be confused with the white power group, hooberstank
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 10:21 PM       
Grunge blew its head off along with Cobain. That's when Alternative reared its ugly head and took over. That and Boy Bands. I call it...The Dark Ages.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 10:27 PM       
Dave Grohl went somewhere.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:38 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeposaurus View Post
Grunge blew its head off along with Cobain. That's when Alternative reared its ugly head and took over. That and Boy Bands. I call it...The Dark Ages.
I was actually working in a record cd store when grunge disappeared and alternative took its place. And the boy band epidemic was there. N-Sync, 98 degrees, Hanson, Backstreet Boys all seemed to appear all at once. Then there was the Spice Girls... :shudder
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 10:56 AM       
Their sole purpose was only to sell out. I can't imagine having to be surrounded by all that (things that can very easily set on fire too) shit for a living. I'll never forget the Spice Girl dolls that everyone was so obsessed with collecting. Jesus.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:47 PM       
Closest thing to grunge, I would say, is Deftones. The other bands that wore the "nu grunge" jacket patch were just raincoat flashers. Their only hits were the aural equivalent of them approaching you, and then before you can object, you see their genitals (also known as "the whole album".

Of course, the bands that closely followed after Grunge's mud-stained coatails were what I thought Grunge was- commercialized punk-metal slowed to a dirge. When I heard the original Grunge bands I wasn't all that impressed, and I grew up in Seattle, so any of their shows were just a bus ride away.

Alternative radio was pretty awesome around 1996-'98, though.

Favorites:

Sister Hazel
Alanis Morrissette
Collective Soul
Space Hog
Candlebox
Soul Asylum
The Offspring
Cracker
Foo Fighters
Filter

If anyone wants more recommendations, I am steeped in 90's music knowledge. Pretty much everything on 107.7 THE END was great.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pram Maven View Post
If anyone wants more recommendations, I am steeped in 90's music knowledge.
We'll call you. However if you do not receive a call from us within 72 hours then we have moved on to other applicants due to certain Google results.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:07 PM       
Suit yourself.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 09:53 AM       
Decent grunge?
Seriously...."decent GRUNGE"?
between Cram Gayin and WhitetrashO i can't decide who deserves my contempt more.
THE MEDIOCRITY HAS TO STOP SOMEWHERE!
I hope both of you get blood clots that travel to the spot in your brains that tells you it's a good idea to share these retarded thoughts with other people.

Instead of making this thread why didn't you just call up what they call a classic rock radio station these days and try to blow the DJ so he'd play some stupid 90s shoegazer flannel shirt music for you? You would have saved some time and not shown everyone you're a gigantic tool (ok that last part was a lie, your Limp bizkit thread already showed everyone you were a complete tool, but this thread made it way worse).
HAVE SOME PRIDE AND SHUT THE FUCK UP (both of you).
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 01:38 PM       
But Thrasho has to make a thread a day or else his bus will blow up!
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM       
I think he averages a bit more than one a day. I vote he lets the bus blow up but shutting the fuck up.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM       
But he saw something on the internet and only wants to share it with you! His self importance demands that even his most mundane thoughts be written in silver amongst the clouds!
Egg
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM       
I firmly stick to my original wish fo a plague of blood clots. It's our only hope.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM       
Same here, because waiting for some grunge fag to stop whining about how hard it is to have things isn't ever gonna happen.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 01:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
fo
Sorry I don't listen to cool rap like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
I vote he lets the bus blow up but shutting the fuck up.
I like how you misspelled a word that was going to be used incorrectly in the first place.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 01:57 PM       
DID SOMEBODY SAY "COOL RAP"?!