FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 09:40 PM        Study: Many virgins take other risks
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/03/18....ap/index.html

Quote:
Study: Many virgins take other risks
Report suggests those who pledge abstinence try other sex
Friday, March 18, 2005 Posted: 6:00 PM EST (2300 GMT)

NEW HAVEN, Connecticut (AP) -- Teens who pledge to remain virgins until marriage are more likely to take chances with other kinds of sex that increase the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, a study of 12,000 adolescents suggests.

The report by Yale and Columbia University researchers could help explain their earlier findings that teens who pledged abstinence are just as likely to have STDs as their peers.

The latest study, published in the April issue of the Journal of Adolescent Health, found that teens pledging virginity until marriage are more likely to have oral and anal sex than other teens who have not had intercourse. That behavior, however, "puts you at risk," said Hannah Brueckner, assistant professor of sociology at Yale and one of the study's authors.

Among virgins, boys who have pledged abstinence were four times more likely to have had anal sex than teens who have remained abstinent but not as part of a pledge, according to the study. Overall, pledgers were six times more likely to have oral sex.

The pledging group was also less likely to use condoms during their first sexual experience or get tested for STDs, the researchers found.

Data for the study was taken from the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. An in-school questionnaire was given to a nationally representative sample of students in grades 7-12 and followed up with a series of in-home interviews roughly one, two, and six years later. It was funded in part by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Leslee Unruh, president of the National Abstinence Clearinghouse in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, called the study "bogus," disputing that those involved had pledged true "abstinence."

"Kids who pledge abstinence are taught that any word that has 'sex' in it is considered a sexual activity," Unruh said. "Therefore oral sex is sex, and they are staying away."

Millions of teens have signed written pledges or verbally promised to abstain from sex, part of a church-led effort to discourage premarital sex and the spread of disease. President Bush has boosted funding for abstinence-only education in schools.

Critics say that education needs to be coupled with safe-sex education to be effective.

"If adolescents only had sex in monogamous, married relationships, by definition there would be no STDs," Brueckner said, echoing President Bush's remarks in last year's State of the Union address. "But the majority of adolescents don't live like that. They do have sex."

Last year, the same research team found that 88 percent of teens who pledge abstinence end up having sex before marriage, compared with 99 percent of teens who do not make a pledge.
i didnt know you were still a virgin if you only had butt sex...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 10:22 PM       
Where the hell have you been?

Also:
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 11:04 PM       
I haven't had any type of sex so I think I'm alright.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 02:19 PM       
clearly
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 10:55 PM       
lol

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2005, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOatmeal
I haven't had any type of sex so I think I'm alright.
I doubt you'll ever have any type of sex, so you can mark that off of your worry list....
Forum Virgin
grodenbarg is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 06:40 PM       
What good is pledging virginity if they are going to "do" someone anyway? This makes no sense, just a broken promise.

vampirekiss is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:18 AM       
im a virgin, im not making any stupid promise to not have sex until im married. im just waiting to find a guy whose dick's worthy of my lovely vagina
Master of Demise is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 02:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirekiss
im a virgin, im not making any stupid promise to not have sex until im married. im just waiting to find a guy whose dick's worthy of my lovely vagina
What makes you think your vagina is so lovely?
Have you ever had a hatchet go right through your face? Not a glancing blow, but a full-on shot, deep into your forehead? Deep enough so you can shake your head and the hatchet doesn't fall out? It's the strangest feeling. Because just after the hatchet goes in, and before you feel any pain, you can feel a gentle puff of cool air on your brain. It feels good. But since it's the only way to get that feeling, I try not to get hung up on it.

imported_Hollycaust is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 03:58 AM       
WHATEV. one way ticket to heaven
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 08:44 AM       
I technically took a pledge of virginity 'til I was married in my Sex Ed class.

See, after a woman told us the story of how she lost her virginity only to recieve crabs, she passed out little cards that said "I, ______, AM WORTH WAITING FOR!"

I spent most of the class drawing little cartoon sperm on the chalk board next to me, and one of my friends forced me to sign the card. Nuts

Supercooldude is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 07:07 PM       
If you didn't want to sign that card, then you're a slut. Only a slut would want to have sex before marriage.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 07:10 PM       
I can't believe that people take their VIRGINITY THAT FAR
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM       
I knew some girl who wouldn't have sex with this (nasty) guy because her sister got pregnant, so instead she offered to be fucked in the ass.

By the by, we call this girl horse face, for her face is that of a horse. In fact, she sort of looks like a celebrity. You know the horse from braveheart when he's all painted up and shit?? Yea.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM       
Butt sex isn't that bad. And your vagina isn't that lovely, if it was it would have already been fucked.
noob 4eva
maggiekarp is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 09:24 PM       
Jeez, you put your name on a virginity card and suddenly everyone thinks you take it in the butt.