Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 12:08 AM        Microsoft Works Database help
This is something that should have a very simple solution, but doesn't.

I accidentally resized one of the columns so its practically non-existant.

I can't resize it so that anything in it is readable.

I thouroghly read through the help section and the only advice it gives is to click it and resize it. But I can't click it. It's just too small to click. I'll click the ones next to it.

Do you know what i mean? I know its there because I can sort by it, but, shit i can't read it or add anything to iit. HELP!
Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 02:12 AM       
Jixby, I have works at home (I am at work now). I'll figure it out and post on Monday...

One idea: can you choose a range of columns and include the problem one, and resize all of them, just to get that one usable again?

Then put the others back to the width you had them?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 03:08 AM       
my guess would be that there might be some sort of option where you can standardize or default all the columns, or maybe look it up by column and change the size(some database progams have stuff like that). you could also try right clicking at the column header and seeing if there's any options there.
Mocker
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:00 AM       
Okay heres the thing

Daryl if only i saw your advice sooner, because it would have worked but I just couldn't leave my shit alone and I fucked myself up more.

The column is definatley there, because I can sort by it. But what I did was I moved all the other columns to the left to try and isolate the problem column all the way to the right side. The idea being that I could pick at it and resize it easier. had i left it where it was (sandwiched between two columns) I COULD have highlighted all the columns, resized ALL of them, and i would have been back in bussiness. But now that its at the end, I can't highlight it to do that.

The help section sucks. It basically offers no alternate solution to than highlighting the column that you want highlighted. The help section doesn't even adress my problem at all. I guess I'm the only person in the world who has misclicked and misdragged and misunclicked the wrong thing on my screen.

I'm sunk.
Mocker
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 05:07 AM       
SINKABLE? UNTHINKABLE!

I GOT IT!

EDIT > GO TO....

then you can go to the shrunken feild, THEN you do go

FORMAT > FIELD WIDTH

THE UNSINKABLE TASTE OF CHEERIOS!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM       
kind of like what i said but do i get praise or helpy handshakes no i get nothing thanks jixby
Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2006, 02:17 AM       
I'm glad you got it!
I had one more idea to try. Even though you solved it, I will post it anyway for the sake of knowledge...

if the problem column was the last one on the right, you can
1. Click on the column next to it (the column to the left of it in your case?)
2. Hold SHIFT
3. Press the RIGHT ARROW button and the problem column would be highlighted, then RESIZE away!

Again, I'm glad it's all fixed.
Mocker
Old Oct 7th, 2006, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
kind of like what i said but do i get praise or helpy handshakes no i get nothing thanks jixby
whoops sorry dude I guess you probably planted the seed in my head that got me where i was today, thanks a lot kahljorn you deserve it!
BANNED

Old Oct 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM       
hurray and from this moment forward I will dedicate myself to anonymously forcing seeds into people's heads.