Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 03:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
About Lebanon - you've probably read, theres a strange amoung of support within Lebanon for Israel to finally take care of their Hizzbalah problem. I think most ideals would be to see Lebanon fight back against Syria and join up with Israel, rather then take the brunt of these attacks.
I have not read of this, would you happen to have any links or sources on that?
Mocker
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 03:41 PM       
As a follow up to that, I found this: http://lebanesebloggers.blogspot.com/

It's funny, b/c some Left-wing radio hater last night said "don't trust the media on this! Go to this website!"

Well here's a good posting:

Quote:
I don't know what to say anymore. Sayyid Nasrallah is still alive and declaring an open war. Where is our President? Where are our Ministers? Prime Minister? Members of Parliament?

All these institutions and the guardians of these institutions are obsolete at this point. Nasrallah is leading the show. He's defying everything and everyone. He is assuming the position of the guardian of the Prophet's Family, against all odds. This is not about Lebanon anymore; this is about Nasrallah's pride.

The Iran-Syria Axis has just fully materialized!

An Israeli warship was hit on the coast off of Beirut, the same warship that hit Hizbullah's headquarters which housed Nasrallah.

Lebanon is a hostage and all the Lebanese people are a pawn in the hands of the few.
and.....

Quote:
Today I heard one of the most historical addresses by the Israeli UN ambassador on Lebanon.

Just quickly: he quoted Marwan Hamadeh, Elias Atallah and another unnamed Minister saying yesterday that Lebanon has been taken hostage by regional forces (Iran and Syria) and by terror (form Hizbullah).

He looked the Lebanese UN representative in the eye and said: I would like to make an appeal to Lebanon's representative. You know deep down that if you could, you would add your brave voice to the voices of your brave compatriots in Lebanon. You could be sitting next to me now to negotiate a solution. If we succeed, it will be beneficial for all of us. Lebanon has an opportunity to be a free, prosperous democratic Lebanon.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:11 PM       
Mind you, I'm not saying any Lebanese are overjoyed to have a crater size hole in the runway of their brand new airport, but....

Quote:
Dear Mr. Prime Minister,

It was about time,

We Lebanese congratulate you on your recent actions against the Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure in Lebanon. We urge you to hit them hard and destroy their terror infrastructure. It is not Israel who is fed up with this situation, but the majority of the silent Lebanese in Lebanon who are fed up with Hezbollah and are powerless to do anything out of fear of terror retaliation.

Since Israel’s forced withdrawal in 2000, pulling out due to pressure from the Clinton Administration, Hezbollah has not for one day ceased its terror incentives, acts of war and provocations at the border. Hezbollah, with the help of Syria and Iran, turned Southern Lebanon into a terror base supported by 12,000 Iranian missiles threatening every initiative for Peace in general and the security of Israel in particular.

Unfortunately, the West should have understood from the beginning that diplomacy does not work with terrorism, neither the Saudi backed initiatives in Lebanon, it enforces terrorism and acts like a booster for Hezbollah justifications on the ground.

The Lebanese are trapped within their own nation.

We urge you not to hit Lebanese infrastructure, Lebanon is a friendly country, rather hit and destroy Hezbollah’s infrastructure in the country.

The IAF raids on suspected Hezbollah strongholds will have a limited effect on this terror organization; an infantry offensive is needed to clean up Southern Lebanon from the threatening missiles and launching bases , destroy Hezbollah infrastructure and consolidate security.

On behalf of thousands of Lebanese, we ask you to open the doors of Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport to thousands of volunteers in the Diaspora willing to bear arms and liberate their homeland from fundamentalism. We ask you for support, facilitations and logistics in order to win this struggle and achieve together the same objectives: Peace and Security for Lebanon and Israel and our future generations to come.

As of the fighting continue in the north of Israel in order to create security, at the Lebanon Israel border, we ask the world’s nations to endorse your political action and wish you full success in your deterrence against terrorism’s autonomy in Southern Lebanon and Gaza.

Mr. Prime Minister,

Help Lebanon in order to help yourself.
http://www.free-lebanon.com/

Quote:
24. A message to the IDF
Please free our beloved tortured country from these crazed mullah-followers. Free our land from these bloody syrian and iranian agents. we want to live in peace.
Please take caution to focus your attack where they are and not attack christian areas. we support you and bear you no ill will.
May god bless you.
Lebanese christian, Damour area (07.14.06)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275366,00.html

Quote:
22. Please no more empty words
I beg of Israel not to back off!!!!!!
Please ignore the world and really go after hizbalah.
hizbalah is a foreign iranian/syrian implant in our beloved lebanon.
wipe them out , kill their leaders one by one. we want to live in peace with civilized nations.
Thank you
farid of lebanon (07.14.06)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275338,00.html

Quote:
7. Israel go ahead
I’m lebanese Christian from beirut, i hope Israel can reach hezbolla in their bed and kills them, and also let Israel strike the syrian president,, I wish this strike will finish soon,, with less civilian,, we are in the Christian area of beirut feeling happy about the strike, but psychologically we are affected,,everybody hates hezbolla here,,
I hope this will finish

nadim, lebanon (07.14.06)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...275319,00.html

Quote:
13. lebanese

to the person who said that palestinian and lebanese are one people well ur so damn wrong we are not like the palestinien and we do not want to fight their war, we only want out country we want peace and we want to get over with hizbulla, hopefully soon, so don’t link the lebanese to any of the arab world peope caus they are a bunch of f-cked up people

elie, lebanon (07.13.06)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...274939,00.html

That's pretty much the standard coming from Lebanese blogs and posts on Pro-Israel message boards. On one hand, there is anger for a misdirected response, while on the other, they are supprotive that Israel is doing something and dropping the leaflets to avoid civilians casualties.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM       
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora called on Saturday for an immediate ceasefire, saying Israeli attacks had turned Lebanon into a disaster area in need of international aid.

http://go.reuters.com/newsArticle.jh...rc=ActiveBuddy

Go israel! Go, go, go! Israel! Israel! Israel!
Mocker
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 01:33 PM       
If the Lebanese PM actually had any power that would mean something.

Maybe he should check with Syria and Iran before he says anything else.

Geggy, if I could get the cash together, would you go fight the good fight with Hezbollah???
Mocker

Old Jul 15th, 2006, 03:33 PM       
Geggy? Do you fully grasp the ramifications if

a) Israel falls.
b) Iran and Korea join forces, and jump in.

Do you? This goes beyond any romanticism towards oppressed Arabs, or your hatred for Jews. Think.
Mocker

Old Jul 16th, 2006, 08:23 PM       
Geggy, are you around, or are you busy playing anarchist role playing games again?

Add France, and the G-8 summit nations backing Israels right to self defense.

Add Egypt, Jordan, and even the Palestinian Authority to Saudi Arabia's condemnation of Hizzbalahs provocations.

I know you'll be sad when your Kaffiyeh goes out of style, but aren't you going to be happy if we get a liberated Lebanon out of all this?
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 08:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I do not understand any of this shit.
As naive and uninformed as this is going to sound, I really don't know very much about the whole Israel/Palestine thing, PERIOD, which is why I've never come in any Israel/Palestine thread and stated my belief on it.

I guess to say I'm uninformed is a little more honest than screaming "Free Palestine!" or "Go Israel!" or something like that.
Mocker
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Add France, and the G-8 summit nations backing Israels right to self defense.

Add Egypt, Jordan, and even the Palestinian Authority to Saudi Arabia's condemnation of Hizzbalahs provocations.
Right, but Ahmadinejad says Israel is acting like Hitler here. Who are you going to believe in all this, huh???
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM       
So Korea's flaunting long range weapons, Israel is invading lebanon, and India is outright pinning the mumbia train blast on the Pakistani government.

Why does it feel like the world is going to hell in a hand basket this week?
Mocker

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 07:36 PM       
It's outright freakish how Israel and India got attacked, and yet Scru, you phrase it to sound like they're the aggressors causing trouble in line with korea flaunting long range missiles.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 08:26 PM       
It's outright freakish to think anyone would say Isreal isn't exacerbating the situation.

Not that they have any other choice but to bomb the fuck outta Lebanon for what Syria is doing to them... :/
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 08:54 PM       
GO JEWS!

I can't help but smirk with childish glee at the fact that Isreal's entirely proportionate response to the larger global WOT is only making Bush's fighting of Kerry's War in Iraq look good. Even with our Abu Ghraibs, Gitmos and Haddithas US troops are decidedly fighting the kindler, gentler form of war on a tactic here.

I think it's good for the world to see that so graphically displayed. The 99% of the population of the planet that wouldn't pick up a book on the subject might even notice. More informed observers might even take note of Isreal's political unification on the subject, maybe might even compare that to the political wars going on in the homelands of Europe and America.

Organizations exist that were chartered in order to expedite the extermination of most of us here for some reason, right there with the Zionist state. All of us are gonna wind up swept into some ocean if we don't start taking this tactic, possibly the last as yet undefeated hope in a long list of tactics designed to maintain slavery among men, somewhat more seriously.

I repeat:

GO JEWS!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 09:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
It's outright freakish to think anyone would say Isreal isn't exacerbating the situation.
They're certainly causing a lot of damage, but "exacerbating"? Lebanon can't control their own borders, and their government is too weak to even do anything about it. They allow entities in Damascus and Tehran to dictate their policy. What about Security Council Resolution 1559?

What, will Hezbollah kidnap more people because of israel? maybe Syria or Iran will be forced to finance more terrorist organizations because of what Israel's doing.
Mocker
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 09:43 PM       
I believe every death exacerbates the situation. Regardless of whose hands are getting stained.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 17th, 2006, 10:42 PM       
Well, y'know what? I'm not sure many of us will die for something as important as plugging the MidEast into the modern world and ending terrorism as a method of influencing world events.

If you are not comfortable discussing the deaths of people, then you might not want to be speaking up about war, because that's pretty much all there is to see here, Betty.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

Old Jul 18th, 2006, 01:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix

Not that they have any other choice but to bomb the fuck outta Lebanon for what Syria is doing to them... :/
Lemme guess. You think Israel's responding to some kidnappings? Yeah I guess self defense can be considered "exacerbating" .... if you're rooting for Hezzballah.
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 08:34 AM       
"What they need to do is get Syria to get Hizbollah to stop doing this shit, and it's over." - George W. Bush
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
So Ziggy, if Israel completely overlooked Lebanon (which is where the soldiers were transported to, which is why Israel targeted infrastructure), and just started bombing Damascus, you'd be in favor of it.....?
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 11:27 AM       
Why would I be OK with that?

Those were Bush's words, not mine. And he also said, "I felt like telling Kofi to call, to get on the phone to Assad and make something happen." "We're not blaming Israel. We're not blaming the Lebanese Government."

You talk about targetting infrastructure, yet death tolls are already up to around 230. I'm having trouble finding numbers for deaths caused by the Rockets fired into Israel, but those numbers should be included as well.

It is an escalation of violence from both sides. You're a god-damned idiot if you deny that simple point.

Meanwhile, the string pullers sit pretty in their mansions and palaces.

Just another day on planet Earth.

edit: Israeli death toll was up to 24 (of which half were civilian) as of Monday night (source -- the picture of those little girls writing messages on those rockets is sad).
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:04 PM       
Not to seem crude or or anything but 230 deaths, considering the strategical damage to the infrastructure they keep talking about, really isn't that big of a deal.
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:07 PM       
If the Republican Party had an armed wing, let's call it the NRA, and they crossed the Canadian border and kidnapped two mounties, what would a justified response be from the Canadaians?

What if Canada had evidence that the NRA was not only being supported in their efforts by Mexico, but they also intended to smuggle those poor mounties into Mexico or Guatemala?

What if Canada learned that the whole thing was orcehstrated by Guatemala and Mexico, and instead of cooperating, the NRA continued to attack Canada?

What if the U.S. government claimed to have no control over the NRA, despite UN pressure to disram them?

Would Canada be justified in trying to prevent the NRA from getting those mounties into Mexico, or would Canada simply ignore the role the U.S. played in the whole mess?

What should Israel do, Ziggy?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:25 PM       
Canada would send a strike team of commando beavers across the border to de-forest the entire U.S. overnight.
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:36 PM       
I don't know, Kevin. But that doesn't mean I have to like what's going on.
Mocker
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 12:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Canada would send a strike team of commando beavers across the border to de-forest the entire U.S. overnight.
The mounties could totally take the Upper peninsula.

Ziggy, nobody has to like what's going on, but it is going on.

And it isn't going to stop if Israel simply stops fighting. It'll only stop when groups like Hezbollah no longer exist, and countries like Syria and Iran stop waging proxy wars against Israel.