Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:21 AM        Lies
When I was a little kid, my mom took me and the neighbor girl (4 years older) to a haunted house at the mall. The haunted house was in the movie theater.

Going to haunted houses with my mom always sucked because she demanded to be allowed to carry a flashlight. They always gave in, so we went through and she made sure nothing would be allowed to scare us.

Anyway, partway through the haunted house we lost track of the neighbor girl. She joined up with us as we were coming out. She said she'd dropped through a trap door onto a mattress and had gone through a different set of passageways. I'm fairly sure that was a lie...would a haunted house risk the lawsuits of randomly dropping people through trapdoors?

Why would you tell a lie like that? Did she drop back so she didn't have to endure my mom's scare-less haunted house?

Did anyone ever tell you a stupid lie that was obviously bullshit, but you had no idea why they told it?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM       
Sounds like she was just trying to avoid the flashlight-mom.

I had a friend who I figured to be a pathological liar. One day he said something about having a movie that wasn't even released yet, and a lot of things he'd previously said clicked.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM       
I've known individuals like this. Pathological liars. What's frustrating is when you work with them, and they have their management (and sometimes yours too) convinced that they know what they're talking about, when in fact you have proof that it's all bullshit. Yet you're the one who gets the shaft because you're not "being positive".

Yes, I am positive - that this asshole is lying. His lips are moving.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM       
Yeah I would guess she just didnt want to hang with your mom and her flashlight so she fell behind. Then fabricated a story to explain how it was beyond her control. Honestly I dont blame her.

Aaarg. Not sure about your friend but could it have been a bootleg copy of the movie? I have had quite a few bootlegs of movies while they were still in theaters.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Aaarg. Not sure about your friend but could it have been a bootleg copy of the movie? I have had quite a few bootlegs of movies while they were still in theaters.
I doubt it. This was a straight-to-video release that was coming out in 1999 or so.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 10:11 AM       
Then why did he want it anyway?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 11:11 AM       
I've known a lot of pathological liars. Usually it's just a simple exaggeration of something that really happened to them, but a couple of times it's been something completely bizarre.

I had a piano teacher in 4th grade who told my parents that I was going through the stuff in her house before my lesson, while she was with the kid before me. I don't know where the hell she got that, all I ever did was come in the back door and down the stairs and wait in the hallway like I was supposed to. I think one time I used the basement bathroom she told us we could use.

But she told my parents that I was going up through her bedrooms and stuff, opening and closing drawers. She told them that she could hear my footsteps and hear the drawers opening and closing.

If that was the case, why didn't she leave her lesson and come bust me? Oh, right, because I was sitting in the damn hallway like she told me to the whole time
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 12:03 PM       
I knew a guy like that. Then one day he said he was going to become a priest to perform exorcisms and hunt vampires. Didn't talk to him much after that. No reason to.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 03:09 PM       
Fathom, I think he was joking with you.
My sister lost her Nintendo DS once and told everybody she could that I lost it. She claims it happened when she was getting it out from the trunk of our car. Which wasn't even possible, considering I was in the car the whole time.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM       
He wasn't.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 03:18 PM       
"I was at the micro kart track one day, and the guys of Ferrari were testing their new engine. They allowed me to try it"

"My parents have an old beatles album worth millions. -You want to see it? Uh.... I think they're borrowing it at the moment"

"I've reached the speed of 80 km/h with my bicycle... in uphill"

"You better watch out, I've been taught ninjutsu"

EDIT: "Since my dad is a police officer I naturally have a right to try out all the equipment. Man, those SWAT Uzis are sweet"

Said by my old classmate
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 04:02 PM       
I used to babysit a kid who lied and lied and lied.

His dad had a collection of rare guitars in glass cases. Never failed, as soon as the guy left the kid said, "He lets me play with these all the time." Right.

As of 2 years ago, he was on the most-wanted list in Indiana. I looked for him again recently and couldn't find him, but my brother (who knew him in school) says he's still wanted.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 04:06 PM       
My buddy doesn't really lie, but he is too stoned to remember things properly. So when he tells stories, they turn into complete lies and slander, but he believes it to have happened that way.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM       
I've got one similar to captain516's:

One day, my sister took our portable DVD player when she went to go see her boyfriend. A couple weeks later, my mom asked where it went, and my sister started telling everyone that I lost it when I took it to watch movies at work one day. She stuck with story for months.

I think it was about four or five months later, the DVD player shows up back in our house again, in the same paper bag it was in when my sister borrowed it. We asked her about it, but she refused to even discuss the issue.

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM       
i had this friend who lied about owning stuff and i always confronted him but he never gave up until i was at his house and sais i didn't had it to be honest seriously wtf he even made a story about playing doom 3 with his brother on xbox wich only had online multiplayer

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 05:48 PM       
I remember that Doom 3 could system link!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM       
My sister's adopted son tried to convince me he invented the sport Ghosting. Even though my friends and I have been playing it for years, and we're sure as hell not the first.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 08:38 PM       
When I was in Junior High, there was a group of girls busted for drinking in the locker room. I guess they had some sort of alcohol in those hairspray pump-bottles and they were spraying it into their mouths.

So this one girl told on them, then when they got in trouble she went to them and told them I was the one who'd ratted them out.

Here's the kicker- I'm disabled and have never had a gym class in my entire life. They always sent me to the library or to do office work when the other kids were in gym. At that point in my life, I don't think I'd ever even been inside a locker room- might as well have been Mars. Not only did I have no idea that anyone was drinking in the locker room (and probably wouldn't have given a damn even if I had known), but I'd never even set foot inside one. But these girls weren't bright, and so they totally bought this girl's story.

I had to be kept home from school because girls were shoving me in the hallway and threatening to beat me up and/or push me down the steps, both of which could very well have killed me. If anyone had bothered to listen to me, I could have told them I didn't tell on them, but oh well. Eventually it boiled over, and I was never popular anyway so who cares.

I don't remember how I found out that this particular girl made up the lie, but it wasn't at all out of character for her, and I'll probably hold a grudge against her for the rest of my life. The last interaction I ever had with her was in high school, when she excitedly told me that she had found someone to dorm with at the business college (there was no dorm, the stupid business college was in a strip mall, she was a total idiot).

I hate just about everyone I went to school with.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM       
Find her facebook and I'll take care of her.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM       
Do you have a facebook, Taddles?
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:19 PM       
Willy makes two. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's payback. :toughguy
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Do you have a facebook, Taddles?
I have created a facebook under a false name that I have used to find a few very old friends while dodging the ones I hate.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM       
Unless I have to fly out there. In which case, whoa fuck that.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:29 PM       
cheez, remind to never piss you guys off.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:36 PM       
I would never do anything bad to you, or is that a lie?