Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM       
IF ITS NOT BROWN / GRAY ITS CARTOONY F*CK THAT SHIT
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post

What's wrong with this? Oh that's right... you are full of shit and I almost took you seriously for a second.
Calm your estrogen down and pull your head out of your ass. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, just that it lacks as serious a feel as the others did to me. Stop misinterpreting what I said and acting like a douchebag.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:31 AM       
No... I think I interpreted you spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
I dunno if I like the way it looks. It looks too much like WoW and warcraft 3; too cartoonish. The originals were more morbid and gothic and serious looking; the video samples on the site just lost the serious feel of it to me. I think Blizzard is too influenced by WoW these days for their own good.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:51 AM       
Or you are an idiot.

It'd be pretty funny if it were actually bright and colorful, but got dark and gloomy near the end. It's been a few years since Diablo came back.

Erp: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/...art-direction/
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:55 AM       
LordSappington I bet you don't even know how to catch a football.
Keg Whore
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:00 AM       
I'm surprised nobody used giant shoulder pads as an argument yet.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM       
Yeah, it is going to get real dark and brutal as you get further in, just like Diablo 1 and 2 got more intense the further you go. Who here really thinks Blizzard is going to do you wrong? When have they ever failed you?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:04 AM       
"Those are the thousands of diehard “Diablo” fans who have signed a petition against the game’s new art direction (with more than 1,000 signatures added every hour)."

Lol

"Blaming the influence of “World of Warcraft,” the petitioners complain that the game is too “cartoon’ish” with “unrealistic elements” and “outside scenarios with vivid colors, beautiful forests with colorful vegetation, shinny [sic] and beautiful waterfalls where even rainbows take place.” (The petitioners have a full laundry list of complaints and suggestions here.)"
Keg Whore
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:06 AM       
Warcraft III, Starcraft Ghost, Adventures of Thrall (You should have released it, Blizzard!)
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM       
The whole time I'm playing Diablo 3 I'm going to be crying and wishing I had signed the petition and listened to the argument LordSomethingorother copy and pasted from Mtv's multiplayer blog. Wait... Am I reading something from Mtv? Dam you Mr. Biskuit!
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:19 AM       
I can't watch any of the videos (you folks know that! ;() ) but from the sounds of it (from what is being posted here and the stills) they're at least doing something with the enviroment. 1 and 2 really didn't give a shit about the surroundings unless it was some dreary gothic bit.

Fuck, this is all because of that new-age goth kid shit isn't it?

Last edited by Shyandquietguy : Jul 3rd, 2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: I poofterede!!!!!Fjasldkfjlsak
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:26 AM       
People are gonna freak the fuck out when they see ice that is not red/grey/black!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 09:38 AM       
Tadao, you and I should have babies. Then they can add models of our babies as monsters in Diablo 3.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM       
Call me crazy, but I think the people who actually developed the games know their own franchise better than a bunch of basement dwellers, let alone basement dwellers dumb enough to think that signing an internet petition will actually do anything.

I think the visuals are just fine. I never touched the franchise myself (not my cup of tea) but they're showing some pretty solid stuff right now, so I can only imagine that the final build will be even better.

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Oh fuck, you play WoW? That explains why we hardly ever hear from you these days.
Yeah, but I had to put my mains on a shelf and only play on alts. Not enough time to raid lately.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp View Post
Tadao, you and I should have babies. Then they can add models of our babies as monsters in Diablo 3.
I should get spore for this.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM       
http://i31.tinypic.com/2zta5o7.jpg the bottom one looks better to me
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:43 PM       
p.s. thats taken from that petition thing
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:45 PM       
http://i27.tinypic.com/2jexp1x.jpg so does this
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:46 PM       
I agree, it does look better.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM       
really? i think the top ones are WAY better, but maybe I don't play enough 360/PS3 games to truly appreciate shades of brown and grey.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM       
in other news, anyone who gives a shit about this deserves to be sentenced with several hundred hours of community service, so that they may observe the vibrant hues present in real life.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 05:50 PM       
Color is for babies. Real men stick to two blackish colors.

But yea, I like the top ones more. The consideration of color is really careful, as opposed to the bottom ones, where you can't see shit in the graveyard. Scary? Sure. Conducive to the gaming experience? Not likely.

They're both nice I guess, but if I wanted realism, I'd go outside, not to Diablo. Maybe modders can lend a hand to the butthurt fans when the game comes out and we can all be happy.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM       
I'm guessing it's all related to the story and scare factor. They already let out that they are trying to master the creepiness factor so they may start a little bright in the beginning and then dim the lights at the right places. I'm sure Blizzard will let us know before they put out the game because they like to give us little hints here and there that aren't misleading.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 4th, 2008, 12:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
The whole time I'm playing Diablo 3 I'm going to be crying and wishing I had signed the petition and listened to the argument LordSomethingorother copy and pasted from Mtv's multiplayer blog. Wait... Am I reading something from Mtv? Dam you Mr. Biskuit!
I'm being completely honest with you when I say I didn't know anything about that petition you posted about. What a coincidence, though.