Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

xenosoul is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:05 PM       
Joe can get a job doing something else or his kids can starve.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:14 PM       
George Lucas is fucking rich. He won't miss my 7 bucks. And I say "my" even though I know I'm not alone by doing this because for the other people that's their own damn problem.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:42 AM       
I hate that rationale.

"Oh, he's rich, so he won't miss the money" blah blah blah

Everyone involved in that movie worked their asses off, and for people to buy pirated copies robs them, not just George Lucas, of hard earned money. Do you think the film crew are fucking millionares? No, they aren't.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:44 AM       
well they should get some of groege lucases money
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 12:48 AM       
and then we should make a classless society...
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:09 AM       
Wah wah wah. Internet piracy is a fact of life these days. They can't stifle it, so they should seek alternate ways of selling their movies that dissuade people from getting it illegaly. Like letting people watch the movie online once for a fee or something.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM       
jesus i'm sorry i brought it up
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:28 AM       
If I HAD to find something wrong with this movie its that I was unimpressed with who was behind that big scary mask. When I was a little kid all riled up about these movies, Vader was seriously the biggest bad ass villan ever. Blowing up planets, chopping off limbs, cutting up old Jedi Masters like a late night TV knife through a shoe, choking people to death with his fucking mind, c'mon, not many villans can live up to that kind of skulldaggery.

How fucking chilling was it when Luke was all like "Pfft, I'm not afraid to face vader," and Yoda turned all dark and monotone and said "You will be, oh you will be." Man, if a Muppet can deliver lines like that then this Vader guy must be a SEROIOUS badass. VADER. The only other name in the world so sinister that it can make people shit their pants is MALCHOVICH, and thats a way distant second.

So who's behind the mask? Vader was so cold, calculating and meciless it was a shock that underneath it all was an agnst ridden teenager who was all bent up over his old lady and his mom. It was a little dissapointing. I expected someone much older and having gone through way more fucked up shit. But they pulled it off. Those last 10 minutes of the movie where probably the best movie moments in a LONG time. The look on anakin's eyes as they were lowering the mask onto his head, the way he was thrashing around on the bed, and that little pause right before he took his first mechanical breath and the way the dust in the air moved around. Fucking gourgeous. Lucas is really good at the "holy shit! thats fucking COOL" cinemetography but he really should of learned the kind that adds depth and lets action speak for emotion. Well, I guess he did in the last ten minutes. Better late than never.

What a fucking cool movie.
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 02:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Prompt
If I HAD to find something wrong with this movie its that I was unimpressed with who was behind that big scary mask. When I was a little kid all riled up about these movies, Vader was seriously the biggest bad ass villan ever. Blowing up planets, chopping off limbs, cutting up old Jedi Masters like a late night TV knife through a shoe, choking people to death with his fucking mind, c'mon, not many villans can live up to that kind of skulldaggery.

How fucking chilling was it when Luke was all like "Pfft, I'm not afraid to face vader," and Yoda turned all dark and monotone and said "You will be, oh you will be." Man, if a Muppet can deliver lines like that then this Vader guy must be a SEROIOUS badass. VADER. The only other name in the world so sinister that it can make people shit their pants is MALCHOVICH, and thats a way distant second.

So who's behind the mask? Vader was so cold, calculating and meciless it was a shock that underneath it all was an agnst ridden teenager who was all bent up over his old lady and his mom. It was a little dissapointing. I expected someone much older and having gone through way more fucked up shit. But they pulled it off. Those last 10 minutes of the movie where probably the best movie moments in a LONG time. The look on anakin's eyes as they were lowering the mask onto his head, the way he was thrashing around on the bed, and that little pause right before he took his first mechanical breath and the way the dust in the air moved around. Fucking gourgeous. Lucas is really good at the "holy shit! thats fucking COOL" cinemetography but he really should of learned the kind that adds depth and lets action speak for emotion. Well, I guess he did in the last ten minutes. Better late than never.

What a fucking cool movie.
What he said.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:38 AM       
thanks for quoting all that, otherwise I may have confused your approval for something far more sinister.
Charming
Old May 27th, 2005, 04:36 AM       
Thanks for letting me know.
was never good
Old May 27th, 2005, 05:39 AM       
I'm sorry, were you talking to me? If so, could you quote my entire response verbatim to avoid confusion?
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I'm sorry, were you talking to me? If so, could you quote my entire response verbatim to avoid confusion?
lol
Charming
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Harty
Quote:
lol
LOL!!!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:05 PM       
i disagree
Mocker
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:36 AM       
who's in your avatar willie?
OH GOD
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:06 AM       
crispin hellion glover, badass mother
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 05:23 AM       
Quote:
Wah wah wah. Internet piracy is a fact of life these days. They can't stifle it, so they should seek alternate ways of selling their movies that dissuade people from getting it illegaly. Like letting people watch the movie online once for a fee or something.

internet piracy is a fact of life=we should stop complaining about the distributing of inferior quality movies over the internet?

i think the main way to get people back in the theater is to lower ticket prices. i dont believe there's any goddamn way watching it on your 18 inch screen would replace going to the movies, but it's just that it's too damn expensive. i dont think any online solution to movies will work. if people are willing to store movies on their hard drive and treat it as if they actually own the movie (which is pathetic), theyre not going to give a shit enough to pay any money at all for it.
was never good
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:38 AM       
I'm not saying that people should legalize piracy or anything, I'm just saying that adapting your sales methods to appeal to these people is a much better solution than trying to scare them out of doing it.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:37 PM       
YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A HANDBAG WOULD YOU?

PIRACY IS STEALING

very effective commerical they show at the movies to the people actually paying to see it legally.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:42 PM       
If you download movies, you're funding terrorism.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
If you download movies, you're funding terrorism.

very true

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 08:42 PM       
There was one thing about the movie I didn't get. When somebody shot the ship at the beginning and the whole thing started to tip over, why the hell would people start sliding down the floors? They're in space, it's not like it's the Titanic.
Mocker
Old May 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM       
because of the gravity of the big planet

your numbers are fubar so I'm gonna explain it with the equation gravitational froce= GmM/(r)^2.

umm the planet looked like it was 3 times the size of the earth so that would be like 900000000000000 kg and like 5000000000 m around. and the ship probably weighed like 50000 kg or something so when you plug it in its someting like 400000 N but I don't like that so I'm gonna make it in english and it's like 5 bajillion Ilbs.

so you can see how the ship could never have penetrated to the center of jedi temples.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM       
Well, by that line of thinking, they shouldn't be walking either. They should be floating.

You're right, it bothered me too, but with most any movie I watch, I remember the Prime Directive:

It's only a movie.

I've had to tell myself this on occasion just so I don't hate a movie for fucking something, somewhere, up.