Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Slippery Skipper
StalfrosGR is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM        Action Philosophers
Anybody ever run across this indie gem? I had the chance to meet the creators at Austin's small independent media expo Staple in early March. I hadn't heard of the books before but they came highly recommended from a few unlikely sources including Eric Powell (Goon) and Brian Wood (Demo, DMZ) when I asked them for "something I haven't heard of".

After devouring the first trade over a taco at lunch I went back to their (
Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey) booth and picked up the other trades. They asked me what I thought and seemed less than flattered that I compared it to that cartoon Histeria! (from the creators of Animainacs, if you don't remember) or Rocky and Bullwinkle Fractured Fairy Tales with more of an adult twist, but that is almost the best way I could describe the experience. It is intelligent and probably the best ways to break down the views of history's hardest working slackers.

If you see this in any of your comic shops pick it up and give it a read. Chances are you will go home with at least one of the books.

Here is a link to their page: http://www.eviltwincomics.com/

Last edited by StalfrosGR : Apr 24th, 2008 at 11:14 AM.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 01:37 AM       
Chances are that if you can use the word "indie" to describe it then it's not cool and it probably talks about haircuts all the time so try to avoid this.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:53 PM       

I <3 u Kahl
The Slippery Skipper
StalfrosGR is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Chances are that if you can use the word "indie" to describe it then it's not cool and it probably talks about haircuts all the time so try to avoid this.
Also chances are it is independent media.

You are mistaking "indie" for "emo". Your real quip should have had something to do with unwashed and unshaven females.