Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 05:58 PM        Everything seems to be getting better...Better all the time
http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGAVGEZP5ED.html
---------------------------------
Ally of Hamid Karzai Gunned Down in Afghanistan
By Kathy Gannon Associated Press Writer
Published: Apr 5, 2003

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - A close ally of Afghan President Hamid Karzai was gunned down in southern Afghanistan in an attack provincial officials blamed on the Taliban Saturday. Haji Gilani and his nephew were killed outside their home in the town of Deh Rawood on Thursday night, said Dad Mullah, a spokesman for the Uruzgan provincial government.
He said six gunmen shot the two men and fled. Police said they were investigating; but Mullah said there was no immediate evidence of a personal feud and he suspected Taliban operatives were behind the killing.
But Karzai's spokesman said a tribal feud may have been the motive.
"This was not a political murder. There was some enmity, some personal differences between two villages or two tribes," presidential spokesman Sayed Fazel Akbar said.
Gilani was the first man to give Karzai shelter in the province of Uruzgan as he launched his anti-Taliban revolt weeks before the religious militia collapsed under heavy U.S. bombing in late 2001.
Karzai entered Afghanistan secretly with only a handful of close followers and relied heavily on anti-Taliban sympathizers for support and protection. He slipped past Taliban checkpoints on the back of motorcycles, and lived for days in homes of followers who risked their lives to protect him and helped rally support against the Taliban.
Akbar said Karzai had asked his brother, Ahmed Wali Karzai - who serves as the president's representative in the southern city of Kandahar - to attend memorial services.
"He was a friend of Karzai and we are so sorry for this unhappy incident," Akbar said.
Taliban fighters have staged attacks several times in southern Afghanistan in recent weeks. An International Red Cross worker was gunned down and two American servicemen were killed when a U.S. military convoy was ambushed.
There are fears that Taliban remnants are reorganizing in an effort to destabilize Karzai's government. There have been several pamphlets, so-called "night letters," warning Afghans against working with foreigners and threatening those that do with death.
A new edict purportedly issued by fugitive Taliban leader Mullah Mohammed Omar just two weeks ago threatened more attacks, declared a holy war against international forces and told Afghans they would be considered enemies if they keep working with the government.
AP-ES-04-05-03 1003EST
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:02 PM       
It's clearly all the fault of the Soviets, Ror.

I'm tired of your American scapegoating shit.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:36 PM       
You know what Kev, the gloves are coming off now. I'm coming with the tunder, so you and your buddy Vince better be able to defend those CrAzY right wing views of yours! Russians!? How COULD you! The has the Great Satan written all over it.

Allah ju'm ahki mudallin! I'M ON MY WAY TO THE AIRPORT RIGHT NOW BITCH! I'M COMING FOR YOU KEVIN!!!!!!!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 11:42 PM       
I don't care it was the Russians or the gay Cuban Mafia. It didn't happen in Iraq o as far as I know it didn't happen. I think the media reporting it gives comfort to the enemy and the media should be declared enemey combatants and never heard from again.