Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:19 PM        Does anybody else have this problem with energy drinks?
I don't drink them very often but when I do they always make me really fucking ill. I had one this morning and now I can't stop shaking and twitching, my joints are popping and I have a general feeling of tenseness. I think I might be allergic to guarana or taurine, since those two ingredients are common to pretty much every energy drink. Back in August I was hospitalized briefly after having a panic attack that I think was at least partially induced by Red Bull.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM       
Aren't those symptoms of too much caffeine/sugar, because they have a lot of those, too?

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:26 PM       
I just miss the days back in the early 90's when the only thing you needed was a can or two of Jolt Cola.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM       
I get sick from real fruit drinks, I'm allergic to alot of fruits
Some will give me super duper headaches.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM       
I've never had a bad experience with energy drinks myself, but I have friends who have. I'm sure you've probably reached this conclusion by yourself by now, but it you think energy drinks are the cause, it's time to stop drinking them.

Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 02:57 PM       
The only thing i dislike about energy drinks is that they're all fucking expensive.

I'd rather put straight sugar into a syringe instead of payin fuckin four bucks for a 12 ounce can of prefab shit.

Also, Red Bull tastes like pee.
Member (haw haw, scrotum)
terrva is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM       
I pretty much stopped drinking energy drinks and soft drinks some time ago because they gave me super bad zits (especially colas). Another reason that keeps me from drinking them is that they dry my skin up and give me dandruff. Energy drinks have never made me as ill as you, though, Emu.

Now i mostly drink juices and water when i want to wet my whistle, and one cup of coffee a day to wake me up.
Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Look for energy drinks that use Vitamin B-12 as their main stimulant. They work well, and probably won't give you the shakes.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM       
I don't get any issues, I depend on them for my overnight shifts (11PM - 7AM) which I get twice a month or so.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
The only time I ever drink energy drinks is the day after a bender. Or if I want to feel UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM       
Anyone ever try Relentless? It's this stuff which comes in a huge can with bizarre slogans all over it. The best part is it's bright green, which lends it an almost cosmic feel.
AWESOME
Madman914 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM       
I kinda get the same feelings when I drink certain energy drinks. Jolt was the best , but now they re-released it in a weird can-like monstrosity that puts fear into the elderly and the dutch.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM       
This is all you need right here:

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:42 PM       
Chaser? Don't they make those pills that prevent hangovers?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
Yes. They also make the energy drink that helps overcome the lethargy which follows a night of binge drinking.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM       
And day after anti-aids pills.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 10:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintrude View Post
Anyone ever try Relentless? It's this stuff which comes in a huge can with bizarre slogans all over it. The best part is it's bright green, which lends it an almost cosmic feel.

THIS SOUNDS INSANELY GREAT!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 12:25 AM       
I looked at the back of one of those 5-hour energy drinks and it totaled up to something like 10,000% DV recommendation of Vitamin B.

I know Vitamin B is water-soluable and therefore probably safe in huge quantities, but it's still fucking ridiculous.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Forum Virgin
Yohfay is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 04:36 AM       
I get a similar reaction when I drink too much, too fast with energy drinks. The jitters, for me at least, can be avoided by drinking the drink more slowly so you don't get all the caffeine/sugar at once. Although, you still have to deal with the crash afterwards.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:08 AM       
i would feel ill if i drink energy drinks that are chocked with sugar or carbs every day so i usually drink them sugar free or low carb. too much of it can result serious crash, at least for me anyway. i would recommend rockstar blueberry sugar free but i think they may have been discontinued. so lately i've been drinking montser lo-carb.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 06:15 AM       
aspartame is a tool of big brother, geggy
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM       
I don't drink energy drinks. The concept of a manufacturer being able to package and sell intangible things like "energy" is insulting and weird to me. I don't trust them. Plus they taste hideous.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 10:38 AM       
My only complaint with energy drinks is that theyre fucking exspensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
aspartame is a tool of big brother, geggy
damn, and all this time i thought aspartame in diet sodas were equivalent to nicotine in cigerettes in part of a marketing scam to get people hooked
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM       
A lot of people on my school drink bawls and some can that sort of fogs out when you open it.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM       
i love the bawls ;<