Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:49 AM       
The Xbox is gonna have the ability to copy games to the hard drive to reduce loading times and reduce disc spinnage, a la the PS3.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 12:48 PM       
OKAY HELLO NINTENDO

1. WHOEVER THAT GIRL IS IS SUPER ANNOYING

2. ANIMAL CROSSING WII? NICE

3. GTA FOR DS? WTF
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM       
well nintendo's conference sucked ass only animal crossing and gta ds are good

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM       
Guys, remember back when we played games on consoles?

That was nice.

I'm also confused as to why everyone is BEWILDERED by GTA Chinatown Wars.

An original Grand Theft Auto game for a handheld system that doesn't mongle goat cocks is fucking great.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 04:59 PM       
It's happened before.

I'm curious as to whether it will be a top-down isometric perspective or a typical third-person game that the consoles are.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM       
Hopefully not the latter. I love my DS but that game would look like ass.

That said, Ninty's conference sucked. Animal Crossing got old pretty fast (and they can't even be assed to give the graphics a bump? There's good art direction, and there's N64 graphics.) Wii Sports 2.0 looks kinda fun with the Remote feature that should have already be built into the damn thing, but I'm not going to run out and buy it.

Here's hoping we get at least one announcement before the week is over. Last time they disappointed, they snuck Brawl in at the end. But after Reggie defended Animal Crossing as their hardcore game of the holiday season, I'm ready to buy a 360.

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:01 AM       
i already loved little big planet, but i am now fully convinced that i needa ps3 because that game along with a few others just look amazing

and for nintendo's conference i was hoping for some kirby or wario stuff or maybe something about the next zelda / mario game. but yeah, there's still 3 days left so who knows
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 03:29 AM       
Phoenix, in a couple weeks the 360's menu will look just like the Wii's, so it'll be an easy transition. Also, no love for Punch-Out?

Don't know if it was mentioned at E3, but age of conan coming to the 360 in the fall is a great big god damn deal. After MMOs arrived wholesale on the PC, they've been choking the crap out of most other PC game sales; anyone in the industry who knows anything should be looking to AOC and Animal Crossing to see whether they should bother developing anything in the near future.
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM       
Dead Rising is confirmed for Wii. Outside of E3. These are the things you talk about at a gaming conference, Capcom, instead of rambling on about Lost Planet: the Movie for 30 minutes and nothing else.

Also, I'm catching wind that Nintendo will hold a special "super double secret no girls allowed STAY OUT" conference today. This is exactly what happened with Brawl in '06, so I'll stay optimistic just a little longer

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM       
Ok, that has me interested. What the fuck kind of reason would there be to not mention this at E3?

A game that lets me plow through a mall full of zombies with a chainsaw while wearing a Megaman Legends costume outside of a shop called "Jill's Sandwiches" deserves some attention, god damnit, even if it is a port of a game from like 2 years ago.

I just hope they don't skullfuck the engine and graphics; I know the Wii is capable of the 360's Dead Rising.

Holy shit, I'm actually EXCITED about this. What a scary and unfamiliar sensation :<

I should also probably import a Famitsu subscription like all the cool kids are doing, since even though it's in a language I'll never be able to read they seem to know what's what about things
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM       
At least we know it'll be a solid port. Resident Evil 4 Wii was really solid for a game's third release, and even my 50 year old dad was able to play it.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:44 AM       
Isn't Okami on there, too?

Yeah, I should probably get around to that.
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 10:52 AM       
I actually hear the Okami port is weaksauce. Capcom got Ready at Dawn (God of War PSP, Daxter) to port it instead of handling it themselves. It was kinda lazy; I hear the controls should have been better and there is some issue with graphics having too much color (doesn't look as paper-y).

Don't forget that they couldn't be assed to remove IGN's logo from the boxart and player's guide. I guess Capcom couldn't provide their own stock images These coupled with the fact that they didn't even list the original developers in the end credits, and you've got a pretty disappointing port.

It's not horrible, but it should have added to the fun instead of taking away from it, but that's a whole different discussion. Anyways, E3...

I chuckled. Gaming is so fucked.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM       
Yeah, I read that Reggie was rambling about sales figures and that kind of thing. Not the kind of exciting news you'd expect for E3. Sony

Also, kudos on getting a port of a 360 game. That was one of the games I was thinking of the other day when you mentioned how there's only shooters on the xbox.

That was very funny. Well done.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 11:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I just hope they don't skullfuck the engine and graphics; I know the Wii is capable of the 360's Dead Rising.
How exactly do you "know" that?

At this stage the best looking games on Wii are basically equivalent to the better looking PS2 games (God of War and such). A long way off something like Dead Rising.

The 360 has three PowerPC based cores running at something like 3.2Ghz. The Wii has only a single PowerPC based core running at around 700Mhz.

This gives 360 developers the ability to dedicate a lot of processing power to a single task; physics for example - which is why Dead Rising was able to have tunnels filled with literally hundreds of zombies.

On Wii my guess is the physics are going to have to be basically stripped out in favour of more traditional animation-based death sequences if they are to have any hope of re-creating the scale of the 360 version.
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 11:33 AM       
@MetalMilitia: have you seen The Conduit yet? It can keep up with all of these "next-gen" games. Looks really solid:

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248...ptorignne.html

Also, PS2 was the weakest of the last generation. I think you meant better looking Xbox games, seeing how the Wii is stronger than the Gamecube which was stronger than the PS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Also, kudos on getting a port of a 360 game. That was one of the games I was thinking of the other day when you mentioned how there's only shooters on the xbox.
Well played, sir.

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:06 PM       
It looks okay - I'll give it that, but next generation? That's a bit of a stretch.

To me that looks about as good as HALO (1).
has a woody
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM       

Exaggerate much?

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
actually halo 1 looks a little better

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
OK SO THERE'S CRACKDOWN AND DEAD RISING SHUT UP YOU SMARMY CUNT ;<

Also, MM, I "know" the Wii is capable of having something other than retarded stylized Mii graphics because it's basjlksfljksdl;jksaaf;ljkdsf just fucking trust me ok they shouldn't have to change anything if you can put RE4 on a Wii you can probably work Dead Rising in without too much hassle since it's only slightly more prettier anyway

Although I actually wouldn't mind a more cartoony look to the game, it'd probably fit the mood of it pretty well.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM       
Then why would someone not make a good looking game until the Conduit? (and I have my own ideas about that.)
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:13 PM       
The mood of it is dawn of the dead. All of the little funny things are also part of that setting. I don't think cartoony graphics were what the creators had in mind for it.

That was very funny. Well done.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:14 PM       
I think you may be right Darkvare, how about Conduit VS Daikatana:

It even has the same little flappy things :

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:18 PM       
I like how both those Daikatana screenshots are too dark to see anything in.

Are you sure that's not actually Doom 3?

I'm not too excited for The Conduit myself, seeing as High Voltage made the 50 Cent PSP game and all manner of shovelware shit designed to get money from gullible children.

Oh, and the new Leisure Suit Larry.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Jul 16th, 2008, 01:19 PM       
Except for the giant flappy things in front of the screen - y'know the thing I was actually talking about.