Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 11:38 PM        Adult Swim Animation
Has the animation process for the Adult Swim cartoons been posted at any board or printed in any magazine? I'm curious as to what programs they use to animate.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 11:47 PM       
To me, ATHF and The Brak Show look like they are animated in Flash. If they aren't, you could create something exactly like it in Flash.

From ATHF.com: The characters were all created as layered Photoshop images. The audio and animatic is cut using Quicktimes (short film cuts) of the original characters using a few different animation and design programs. All of the actual animation steps are done at the Williams Street studios under the creators supervision.

I'm pretty sure it is Flash.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 07:59 AM       
They use a variety of programs. Including Adobe Premiere, and Final Cut. Flash is painfully obvious when you see it on televison. Those new Jetson cartoons, for instance, that were made by SPUMCO were partially done in flash. And you can really tell.

Flash is designed after video editing software so it is understandible how they can be confused. I took a few broadcasting classes that used them and some of the aspects are similar.
There are cartoons on television made entirely out of flash, but they all look like crap. ATHF is not this level of crappyness. Flash may be used for some(not all) of the original quicktimes. But definitly not for the final editing. Depending on the effect they want they use different programs as necessary. Flash would only be used for extremely simple movements.