Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 05:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
The 13th Warrior got trashed, now that I think of it.
I watched that just the other night when it came on TV and was reminded of how awesome it was. The main guy Buliwyf (no, not Antonio) should be in way more movies, and he should always be a Viking. That movie is 100% pure entertainment and anybody who doesn't enjoy it is outta their mind.

"You can draw sounds? Show me."

"A man might be thought wealthy if someone were to draw the story of his deeds, that they may be remembered."

Pure Awesome.
Human Spider
rocketsauce is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 11:39 AM       
Have you read the book? It's pretty good actually with some cool details that are different from the movie.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM       
I will claim the fact that I have sung the praise of the Thirteenth Warrior before it was "hip".
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM       
you know what's a good movie and i don't know ab out fair shakes or whatever but it's called, "Primer" and it's probably not very popular but it's what i would consider a "realistic depiction" of time travel.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 02:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
I watched that just the other night when it came on TV and was reminded of how awesome it was. The main guy Buliwyf (no, not Antonio) should be in way more movies, and he should always be a Viking. That movie is 100% pure entertainment and anybody who doesn't enjoy it is outta their mind.

"You can draw sounds? Show me."

"A man might be thought wealthy if someone were to draw the story of his deeds, that they may be remembered."

Pure Awesome.
Yep. I actually looked that guy up on imdb a few weeks ago when I caught a glimpse of the movie on tv. That guy was the definition of badass when I first saw the movie. We need more viking action heroes

That was very funny. Well done.
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 02:16 PM       
Ernest Borgnine is the original Viking action hero. ODIN!!!!!!!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 04:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
We need more viking action heroes
Speaking of which, if anyone tries to defend Pathfinder in this thread, I will gouge out one of their kneecaps with a rusty spoon.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Apr 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM       

I'm about to go to bed and watch one of these movies
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 03:00 AM       
so did anybody watch Primer yet
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 10:35 AM       
Fuck yes. Watched that about a year back. WAY too smart for me.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 12:53 PM       
I never understood all the hate for the 13th Warrior either. I remember when I went to go see it in the theater and coming out thinking that it fucking kicked ass, and then I found out that this friend of mine was telling people that it sucked and not to waste your time and money, and it was then that I knew I must fell him in mortal combat.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM       
Shaun of the Dead. Anyone I ask if they like it say they hate it. I loved it.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 10:19 PM       
Shaun of the Dead is absolutely adored. You just live in a dangerous, crime-infested, culturally deficient rapetown, if I remember correctly.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM       
You did.

I need to get the hell out of here.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2007, 11:55 PM       
You really do.

Need.

To get the hell out of here.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM       
13th Warrior was sweet, but I never understood why one of the Vikings was wearing armour from a conquistador other than for pure awesome.

That big dude yelling "ODIN" to hear echos from shore
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 09:43 PM       
Lone Wolf McQuade. No I'm not one of those giant Chuck Norris Fans but I'll be god damned if that movie isn't entertaining.

Also DragonHeart.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 09:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
The Harder They Come
I completely agree. Fantastic crime movie with an equally good soundtrack
Ancient Mariner
Old May 1st, 2007, 08:27 PM       
Fuck the rest of the human race. I liked Walker.
BANNED

Old May 1st, 2007, 11:18 PM       
I've mentioned this is another thread before but event horizon totally didn't get a fair shake
i mean there were only one in that where i was like "wtf the decompression would've killed you whateverguysnameisicantrememberisn'titsamsomething ?" "WHAT ARE YOU DOINGGGG SAMMMM"

sam neill
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:25 PM       
Relic, fun monster flick from the 90's that got friggin thrashed but I love it. I'm pretty sure the Korean flick HOST stole the monsters design from Relic as well.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM       
I can't quite read what you said through the small print on my PSP, but In The Mouth of Madness is a good'un.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old May 6th, 2007, 02:19 AM       
Falling Down was a fucking awesome movie but most people don't remember it much less pass around the word about how fucking awesome it is. Easily one of Michael Douglas's best performances.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2007, 02:46 AM       
I second that...I remember expecting nothing of it when I walked into the theater and being impressed.

I really liked Crash (1995), and that didn't really get a fair shake. Though I like twisted films. Kissed, about necrophilia, was another film no one saw due to the subject matter, but it was a really great and moving film.

A couple other movies include Strange Days, and Gattaca.

I just saw Zathura today, that was a fun throw away film...
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 6th, 2007, 10:24 AM       
The Thirteenth Floor I saw today on FX is a good one and it reminded me of another, eXistenZ.