Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:29 PM        Get Smart Movie
Holy shit is it good. You've got to go see it, its better than the original TV show. It manages to be suspenseful and hilarious.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM       
I'm going on Wednesday, I heard they have Bernie Koeppl in it but only a small cameo.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM       
Bernie Koppel stinks like hot gym socks. This movie stinks worse.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:09 PM       
Really? It looks really good.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM       
I thought it was really funny. I had not seen the original series though, so I can't comment on how it compares.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 10:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG View Post
I thought it was really funny. I had not seen the original series though, so I can't comment on how it compares.
I think it was better than the original series. Carrell played Maxwell Smart with a certain level of vulnerability that made him extremely endearing as the character.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM       
Yes, I liked how Max wasn't portrayed as a dumbass, as in other movies of this category. He wasn't an idiot, just overwhelmingly oblivious and lacking common sense.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM       
Err... In the original tv series, he was an idiot.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM       
Well, in the movie he's not. Never seen original TV show, unfortunately
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2008, 10:04 PM       
Then shut up.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Jun 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maniac View Post
Yes, I liked how Max wasn't portrayed as a dumbass, as in other movies of this category. He wasn't an idiot, just overwhelmingly oblivious and lacking common sense.
I wouldn't say that he was so much oblivious as just ungainly. I think movie works because he's an awkward but competent agent who gets put into situations that would make anyone look stupid, and he tries remain extremely poised despite being in an untenable situation. Carrell plays him with that stiffness of someone who trying very hard not to look like an idiot even though he does look like an idiot, knows full well he looks like an idiot, but is just trying to mitigate his inner embarrassment.
Banned
badboy7 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 01:38 PM       
I think its his worse movie ever..... Its not good in even a single session...
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM       
Alright seriously, I'm going to see it tonight.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 02:34 PM       
Seems like your standard comedy movie to me. I've seen mixed reviews on it, though. Carell's always fun to watch, so maybe I'll rent it later on.

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy7 View Post
I think its his worse movie ever..... Its not good in even a single session...
Someone skipped evan allmighty.

Also, not good in even a single session? the fuck does that mean?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2008, 05:29 PM       
i loved it is as funny as watching someone suffer a horrible accident

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
SKATASTIC
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 05:21 PM       
Alright, I finally went to see it. It was pretty good. I've been watching Get Smart for the past 16 years and thought it was worthy of a Get Smart movie. Carrell was able to pull off Don adams' character really well. His one liners were pretty bad but overall it was a good experience. Although I picked out a double X from the movie trailer I didn't let it hold back the movie.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:50 AM       
Sweet, I just saw a comercial saying that the original season 1 is coming out on dvd from Time Life.

Just ordered it.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:26 AM       
Cancel the order. You can get the whole original series for a bargain through TIME LIFE. And it comes in a sweet box.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 03:04 AM       
Naw, I'll buy one season at a time. Can't fork out the 200 right now.
Mexican Rambo Doll
Location: In your closet. Kinda like that homeless Japanese lady.
Lobo Tommy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:28 PM       
I thought it was pretty funny. Probably not as good as the show though.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
I miss Don Adams.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM       
Has anyone seen the direct to DVD movie about the gadget team from the new Get Smart movie?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM       
well they say is awful but i haven't seen it yet

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
Just got my season 1, 5 dvd in. I am happy. 30 episodes and 1 dvd of interviews. I knew Buck Henry worte it, but I did't know Mel Brooks get's half the credit as well.