Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:34 PM        Celtic Music
I'm trying to gets me a hold of some celtic tunes, but the problem is that i don't know what exactly the type of music i am looking for is called. It's folky celtic stuff, but not like all-vocal or any of that. It's the stereotypical irish jig kind of shit, ya know? Like at the end of Boondock Saints, that kinda crap. Anyone know what it's called or who to start with?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:39 PM       
the berserk soundtrack yo
Lord Felch Demon
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM       
All that's on there is Behelit, and i'd love to find more stuff like that as well :O
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 11:30 AM       
I hate all music that is stylistically and semiotically tied to a nationality. I'm working on creating a musical genre of sorts that doesn't even betray it's western origin. Some sort of dodecatonal ambient electical music thing. It will be a great victory for art for art's sake. Also completely boring. I don't even like art. I think it's mostly very stupid and the levels of abstraction going on strip it of any actual emotional resonance. Also, I hate music that has something to say. Also, I hate people that sing words in music. What the hell is that? I hate stuff.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 09:39 AM       
your hate itself has become an art. :O

check this out, venom: http://www.npr.org/programs/thistle/
Lord Felch Demon
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:32 PM       
Awesome! a radio station is a perfect idea :O

I love your Varg impression, Helmet.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2004, 02:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
I hate all music that is stylistically and semiotically tied to a nationality. I'm working on creating a musical genre of sorts that doesn't even betray it's western origin. Some sort of dodecatonal ambient electical music thing. It will be a great victory for art for art's sake. Also completely boring. I don't even like art. I think it's mostly very stupid and the levels of abstraction going on strip it of any actual emotional resonance. Also, I hate music that has something to say. Also, I hate people that sing words in music. What the hell is that? I hate stuff.
i hate songs about emotions
Mocker

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 12:13 PM       
Hey executioneer, wanna be in a band We're going to write songs about
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:33 PM       
okay
OH GOD
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:38 PM       
and nijna venom you might try looking for "irish reels" if your looking for mostly non-vocal music
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 06:13 PM       
Great Big Sea
Mocker

Old Oct 10th, 2004, 05:10 PM       
Oh man this is going to be the best band ever

What are we going to call ourselves, though
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:54 AM       
"the angries"
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:32 AM       
hatebreed

wait

buzzkill
OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:46 AM       
no sorry
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 09:16 PM        Re: Celtic Music
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I'm trying to gets me a hold of some celtic tunes, but the problem is that i don't know what exactly the type of music i am looking for is called. It's folky celtic stuff, but not like all-vocal or any of that. It's the stereotypical irish jig kind of shit, ya know? Like at the end of Boondock Saints, that kinda crap. Anyone know what it's called or who to start with?
I suggest the Irish Rovers. I could concieve of someone doing a jig to their music, although I'm not sure if it's quite what you had in mind.
Forum Virgin
Pip is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:30 PM       
I belive the closest to Irish music I know of is a folk metal song called "Trollhammaren" by Finntroll.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:53 PM       
loreena mckennit

tomacco-junkie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 05:41 PM       
howzabbout the dubliners and the pogues?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 06:02 PM       
thanks for the month late replies guys, you've kept this thread alive
racialslur is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 09:35 PM       

how about "cool brown" HUH EMU?!
Lord Felch Demon
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 10:22 PM       
Howabout the last two posters blow their fucking brains out?