Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM        Bomb threats of 11 NFL stadiums
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Department of Homeland Security warned officials on Wednesday in seven U.S. cities about a dirty-bomb threat to National Football League stadiums but does not believe the threat is credible, officials said.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsar...c=/ActiveBuddy

that's right, the threat is not credible and there are no evidence because it was all made up by the homeland security
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:49 PM       
How does that help anybody?

If Homeland Security was the only source, wouldn't it have been just as easy for them to mumble about proof but let this drag out for at least a few days?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 10:39 PM       
they keep interrupting simpsons, what would you have done in my position?
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
they were actually made by a bored teenager
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2006, 04:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggy
Also it's kind of exciting watching the world and the media evolve around about what I do
say what now?
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:00 AM       
It wouldn't surprise me if the bored teenage boy is granted a security clearance and a couple of thousand for doing the job for bush administration and the GOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
How does that help anybody?

If Homeland Security was the only source, wouldn't it have been just as easy for them to mumble about proof but let this drag out for at least a few days?
For me it's no coincidence that there has been an uprising surge of bomb threats in past few months. what does it all mean? does it help the GOP as we are heading towards election? Is michael jerkoff attempting to trick the fbi and cia into implementing police state and assuming it is for the reason to prevent terrorism when in fact it is not?

what does it all mean?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:13 AM       
Okay, the threat list included the football stadium in New York City. There is no stadium in New York City

To my mind, DHL pubiscizing this threat before what turned out to be the very easy work of debunking it can only be accounted for in one of two ways, neither of which says anything good about the administration.

1.) Gross , chronic incompetence.

2,)A decision that it might, however briefly, increase the climate of fear with the Republican national Committee (see Osama Ad) sees as strategically advantageous.

I don't think either one is more likely than the other.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Okay, the threat list included the football stadium in New York City. There is no stadium in New York City
Yeah, it's not like you could throw a rock at Manhattan from the Meadowlands.
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
For me it's no coincidence that there has been an uprising surge of bomb threats in past few months.
Don't suppose you can source that from the media you've got jumping through hoops, could you?
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Quote:
Yeah, it's not like you could throw a rock at Manhattan from the Meadowlands.
Chad Pennington can't.
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 11:16 AM       
Eli can! You wouldn't have drafted him!
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 11:33 AM       
"It wouldn't surprise me if the bored teenage boy is granted a security clearance and a couple of thousand for doing the job for bush administration and the GOP. " -Geggy

God I wish I was that lucky bored teenager. I'm glad the adminstration trusts their world domination conspiracies with teenagers. If you can't trust teenagers who can you trust?
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
Eli can! You wouldn't have drafted him!
Kind of hard not to in that spot. He almost said "I want to be a Giant!" And the fans were going nuts. I think Acorsi gave up too much to get him, but I'm glad we got him.
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 12:52 PM       
You were KILLIN that move....KILLIN it!

(I did that out loud in my best Chris Russo voice)
say what now?
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:05 PM       
Only reason I jumped into conclusion that it was a work of fear mongering toward the american voters because muslims, who are feared the most by americans, were originally blamed for the bomb threats. Or at the very least, it could be racial profiling at work

Here's another more recent bomb threat...I think it is hilarious this article mentioned that the dude is an israeli dual citizen.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15398560/from/RS.2/

Not only there has been a surge of bomb threats, there also have been numerous foilings of terror plots over the summer which later is met with heavy skepticism and doubts that they were real or even exist.
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
You were KILLIN that move....KILLIN it!

(I did that out loud in my best Chris Russo voice)
I still think we gave up too much for him.

Was I wrong about needing to fix the o-line? I was I wrong about not going to the playoffs and giving SD a top ten pick? Was I wrong about the heart and soul of the Giants being the defense?

Now, we are losing Barber at the end of the season, and we have no real feature back to take his place. We could have used one of those first round picks to get one and work him into the system. Can you imagine the likes of Larry Johnson busting through the Eagles' front four in a Giants' uniform?

Quote:
Here's another more recent bomb threat
OK, thats one. Is that more or less than in the past?

Quote:
Not only there has been a surge of bomb threats,
prove it

Quote:
there also have been numerous foilings of terror plots over the summer
2 big ones? How many usually happen? Do you think it may have anything to do with greater efforst put into counter terrorism?

Quote:
later is met with heavy skepticism and doubts that they were real or even exist.
Ya and? You and your internet crusaders don't believe anything. If a government official came out tomorrow and said the planet is round, some people would go join the Flat Earth Society out of spite.
say what now?
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 02:30 PM       
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=bomb+threat
Mocker
Old Oct 25th, 2006, 02:36 PM       
1) prove this is happening more frequently

2) prove they have anything to do with the Bush admin.

The majority of those seem to be schools. When I was in college in the years before 9/11, we had several of those. Was the government trying to prevent me from taking my calculus test?
=======

Old Oct 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM       
I would like to take a moment to address the concept of "ruling through fear." When the Republicans do it (They're gonna raise your taxes until you DIE, then tax you for THAT, too! ) the Democrats go nuts and point their fingers in horror, but when the Democrats do it (They're gonna STEAL your Social Security, Grandma! ) the Republicans have essentially the same reaction.

The problem is not that they attempt to influence the public through fear tactics, its that they can. The problem is that it works with most of us, and by us I, of course, mean other people. All progressive government is based in fear and pessimism, and both parties are essentially the same kind of progressive... Republicans throw a Bible in there, but the net effect and the "philosophical" foundations of both parties are nearly identical.

Both parties are out to liimit the freedoms of as many people as possible, and the easiest way to do that is play against someone's fear of someone else. Democrats know many of us are scared of the rich, the environment, corporations and theocrats, while the Republicans are banking on the idea that more of us are scared of the queers, the drugheads, brown people and hippies. Elections will soon be reduced down to a winner-take-all steel cage match featuring a giant, cross-shaped smokestack spewing soot-stained interest bearing bonds at a mutated G8 protester fag trying to blow pot smoke at it.

...while being a black guy.

...and sucking a dick.

What really gets me is modern day tactic of using the moral precepts of your enemy to attack it. Democrats raise hell at the existence of gays in the Republican Party, while Republicans attack Democrats for flying to Global Warming Protests in private jets. All attack ads focus on hipocrisy, and all claims of hipocrisy rely on the accused's adherence to their moral code. Anyone that claims hipocrisy to be the most vile of all sins has no moral code of their own.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:00 AM       
While I take your point, I'd like to point something out.

"queers, the drugheads, brown people and hippies."

Queers; Not dangerous at all. Hippies are annoying. Some brown people may or may not be dangerous, but it isn't on account of their being brown. Drugheads are the only thing on this list that rises to the level of an actual problem.

The Rich and corporations have both pluses and minuses, but should they want to screw you, they have the power to do it. The condition of the environment is pretty damn scary. And Theocracy? Do you just mean American theocracy? 'Cause that's creepy, but not dangerous yet. Theocracy in general is some scary ass shit, as the Republicans well know.

Not that I don't agree that Both parties use fear as a tool, and that sucks. I'm just saying the D's fears are at least things that could hurt you. More moral? No. Less of an insult to my intelligence? Yes.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:25 PM       
preechr that's basically what i was trying to say in my "Sensationalist" rant the other day. People respond more to their senses, and the emotional response derived thereof, than they do their ability to think or reason. Basically most people live very subjectively and only by feeling, like animals. How is that supposed to successfully and respectfully sport a functional "Democracy"? If you wave a cake under a pig's nose you know he's going to bite-- even if he's allergic.
when you get into how to alleviate most people's reliance on senseation you find out that practically everything designed in this world is sensationally hedonistic and designed to perpetuate the sensationalism, or so it would seem anyway.
=======

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
preechr that's basically what i was trying to say in my "Sensationalist" rant the other day. People respond more to their senses, and the emotional response derived thereof, than they do their ability to think or reason. Basically most people live very subjectively and only by feeling, like animals. How is that supposed to successfully and respectfully sport a functional "Democracy"? If you wave a cake under a pig's nose you know he's going to bite-- even if he's allergic.
when you get into how to alleviate most people's reliance on senseation you find out that practically everything designed in this world is sensationally hedonistic and designed to perpetuate the sensationalism, or so it would seem anyway.
Go read Atlas Shrugged, and we'll talk about that more in depth, kahl.

=======

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM       
Quote:
Not that I don't agree that Both parties use fear as a tool, and that sucks. I'm just saying the D's fears are at least things that could hurt you. More moral? No. Less of an insult to my intelligence? Yes.
But, see, YOU are predisposed to be a Democrat. Were you a registered Republican, you would feel the opposite way about it. See how that works?

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2006, 11:39 PM       
i haven't read atlas shrugged but I'm pretty familiar with egoist philosophy and I've read some of herother books it's not really that complicated so let's go ahead and talk. I know how you feel about people making their own way in life as well. So fill me in on the details how does she talk about "Sensationalism" and people being guided by their senses (which is kind of animal, subjective and symptomatic rather than causal) towards being "Objective". I wouldn't be surprised if she made some kind of chart like that detailing grades of "Sense based perception/reaction" towards objective, free flowing perceptions/reactions thought processes or something like that? That's such a common biological/sociological/psychological idea...
I've also read Nietzsche and further more i talk all the time about buddhism/yoga and that's where people like Nietzsche learned from (or at least later found comparisons with) and I'm pretty sure Ayn Rand was influenced alot by Nietzsche so I think we should be able to hold a conversation about this let's try o' magnanimous one.